Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperInSugar)
    Joer, ¿otro? Jaja...si ya lo dicen; los madrileños sois como los gallegos, ya que salís hasta debajo de las piedras (no digo que sea nada malo, solo es algo que me hace bastante gracia)
    Otra haha pero sí, estamos everywhere! aunque madrid es muy grande, es normal, es más raro lo tuyo haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Gerry 'the Oracle' Armstrong? Possibly the best co-commentator in the game? :adore:

Do me a favour love.
    He is so bad.

ReputationRep:
    What is it about David Villa that demands universal praise? He is constantly caught offside, and seems to have a pretty poor chance to conversion ratio. Although, given his international record, maybe he just has a problem with the Barcelona system.

ReputationRep:
    Decent enough result for Barca. Avoiding defeat so Liga is over now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colpejafort)
    Otra haha pero sí, estamos everywhere! aunque madrid es muy grande, es normal, es más raro lo tuyo haha
    Ya ves....y dimelo a mi, que viví cuatro años en Boadilla y tenia que ir todos los dias a Madrid Lo mío no es tampoco tan raro y si bien tenemos una publicidad bastante negativa, las cosas por aqui no están tan mal.

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when you relax. Anyway 1-1 is a decent result, roll on the Copa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    What is it about David Villa that demands universal praise? He is constantly caught offside, and seems to have a pretty poor chance to conversion ratio.
    This is the only game where I've seen him miss so many. They even said he's on a bit of a bad spell atm but most of the time he is very clinical and one of the best finishers in the game. Apart from Eto'o, I rate no striker higher than Villa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    This is the only game where I've seen him miss so many. They even said he's on a bit of a bad spell atm but most of the time he is very clinical and one of the best finishers in the game. Apart from Eto'o, I rate no striker higher than Villa.
    I've seen quite a few games this season where's he's been wasteful (the Arsenal games spring to mind). But maybe he has a bit of a problem with the Barcelona system; he does have a great international record. You've probably seen more of him than me - I didn't pay attention to his Valencia career at all - so maybe I'm judging harshly.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil is an amazing player, if we had a player like that in our team today, maybe we would have beaten city, scholes is just about done and dusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Ozil is an amazing player, if we had a player like that in our team today, maybe we would have beaten city, scholes is just about done and dusted.
    I think if United had either Ozil, David Silva or Modric they would be a lot better, you guys are in need of some creativity.

I'm look forward to Wednesday's game, I'm sure Mourinho will win at least one of the forthcoming matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Not knowing about a non-football league = no knowledge on football? :facepalm:
    If you actually bothered to watch non league football you would find the quality is a lot better than you think. Did you care to watch Crawley completely outplay Man United at Old Trafford? You have a very ignorant attitude!

I do match reports for my local team. Care to read one mate.

http://www.northwichvics.co.uk/index...rts&Itemid=109

ReputationRep:
    So much for El Classico - plenty of unwarranted hype. Not enough goalmouth action! Too much passing and far too much playacting.

English Football > Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    So much for El Classico - plenty of unwarranted hype. Not enough goalmouth action! Too much passing and far too much playacting.

English Football > Spanish.
    Spanish players> English players

The football that was played tonight was loads better than what we saw at Wembley today, and that was the semi-final for the FA. It's pretty dumb to say English football's better after watching 'one' mediocre La Liga game, where we did catch some glimpses of magic from Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Spanish players> English players

The football that was played tonight was loads better than what we saw at Wembley today, and that was the semi-final for the FA. It's pretty dumb to say English football's better after watching 'one' mediocre La Liga game, where we did catch some glimpses of magic from Barca.
    Your point is?? The Spanish league is just Barca and Real and then a huge gap. It also depends on what you mean by football. As far as I'm concerned passing the ball with a bit of zip and gloss in your own half to kill time when you have a 1 man advantage isn't exactly exhilarating. If you think football is purely about quality of the play then you really need to break your attending a football match virginity before you start telling me I'm dumb. Too many people are happy to be influenced by analysis of pundits and the like who will laud Spanish football and then believe the hype, when infact they don't even go to football matches themselves to have their own established opinion. A bit like these people who jump on the Arsenal bandwagon and start to think that if you don't play like Arsenal you are something beneath them.

ReputationRep:
    I randomly found this a moment ago and it explains exactly what I mean

http://fueledbygareth.wordpress.com/.../nonleagueday/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Your point is?? The Spanish league is just Barca and Real and then a huge gap. It also depends on what you mean by football. As far as I'm concerned passing the ball with a bit of zip and gloss in your own half to kill time when you have a 1 man advantage isn't exactly exhilarating. If you think football is purely about quality of the play then you really need to break your attending a football match virginity before you start telling me I'm dumb. Too many people are happy to be influenced by analysis of pundits and the like who will laud Spanish football and then believe the hype, when infact they don't even go to football matches themselves to have their own established opinion. A bit like these people who jump on the Arsenal bandwagon and start to think that if you don't play like Arsenal you are something beneath them.
    "The Spanish league is just Barca and Real and then a huge gap"
    That is a very poor statement to back up your original point that 'English league football is better'. Even if Barca and Real are generally favourites to top the La Liga, doesn't mean the other teams are unable to perform. You need a reality check and need to watch other Spanish teams play before making comments (which are utter rubbish), you'll be suprised and I gurantee you'll think again before making such a stupid comment.

"I'm concerned passing the ball with a bit of zip and gloss in your own half to kill time when you have a 1 man advantage isn't exactly exhilarating"
    Nobody said it was going to be 'exhilarating' we all knew before the game started that Barca like to keep possession and pass the ball around. So why watch it and then post comments mocking their style of football?

"If you think football is purely about quality of the play then you really need to break your attending a football match virginity before you start telling me I'm dumb"
    Can't even comprehend what that's supposed to say, from what I can make out it seems as though you're suggesting that I think football is all about 'quality of play' well it is partly but I didn't say it was entirely.

"Too many people are happy to be influenced by analysis of pundits and the like who will laud Spanish football and then believe the hype, when infact they don't even go to football matches themselves to have their own established opinion."
    If you're somehow suggesting that people are jumping on a 'bandwagon' which favours Spanish football as being more 'with it' then you're sadly mistaken. People jump on this 'bandwagon' because we all know that the La Liga is home to some of the most talented footballers in the world and particular gameplay (which involves 'zip and gloss in your own half').

At the end of the day, you knew what you was going to get from watching this game. So don't **** Spanish football, or infact don't watch it if you're going to make ridiculous comments and somehow suggest English football is better.

Period
    Good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    I randomly found this a moment ago and it explains exactly what I mean

http://fueledbygareth.wordpress.com/.../nonleagueday/
    Did you even read this article, it is nothing like what you've previously stated.

From the article:
    "So, if you class yourself as a fan of football then take an interest in football as a whole, not what Rupert Murdoch wants us to be interested in. By taking an interest and seeing the odd non-league game does not make you any less of a fan of your preferred professional football club"

Are you saying that we watch La Liga and Premiership football because it's the norm and what the media want us to watch? No, we don't, we watch it at our own accord (not that we don't enjoy non-league games, I regularly watch these sort of games).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    "The Spanish league is just Barca and Real and then a huge gap"
    That is a very poor statement to back up your original point that 'English league football is better'. Even if Barca and Real are generally favourites to top the La Liga, doesn't mean the other teams are unable to perform. You need a reality check and need to watch other Spanish teams play before making comments (which are utter rubbish), you'll be suprised and I gurantee you'll think again before making such a stupid comment.

I shouldn't be so stupid ... I might be 'suprised' :rolleyes: The gap between Real Madrid and the next 2/3 teams is much bigger than the gap in England. That's one example as to why I think English football is better ok? Now go cry to mummy.

"I'm concerned passing the ball with a bit of zip and gloss in your own half to kill time when you have a 1 man advantage isn't exactly exhilarating"
    Nobody said it was going to be 'exhilarating' we all knew before the game started that Barca like to keep possession and pass the ball around. So why watch it and then post comments mocking their style of football?

Do you have dyslexia? I didn't mock their football ... I simply said the game was a big letdown. Lots of sharp 5 yard passing as if they are in training is not exciting .. I was elaborating on my point. Get a grip, loser.

"If you think football is purely about quality of the play then you really need to break your attending a football match virginity before you start telling me I'm dumb"
    Can't even comprehend what that's supposed to say, from what I can make out it seems as though you're suggesting that I think football is all about 'quality of play' well it is partly but I didn't say it was entirely.

Exactly ... which is why English football is better. Go to bed.

"Too many people are happy to be influenced by analysis of pundits and the like who will laud Spanish football and then believe the hype, when infact they don't even go to football matches themselves to have their own established opinion."
    If you're somehow suggesting that people are jumping on a 'bandwagon' which favours Spanish football as being more 'with it' then you're sadly mistaken. People jump on this 'bandwagon' because we all know that the La Liga is home to some of the most talented footballers in the world and particular gameplay (which involves 'zip and gloss in your own half').

Honestly, I think I might chunder.

At the end of the day, you knew what you was going to get from watching this game. So don't **** Spanish football, or infact don't watch it if you're going to make ridiculous comments and somehow suggest English football is better.

Firstly if I want to **** off Spanish football I will. Listen Rodney, noone gives a flying **** about Spanish football outside of Barca and Real ... noone is staying at home on a Saturday night to watch ... Sporting Gijon vs Villarreal. ZERO interest. The Premiership is universally popular.

Period
    Good night
    Go to bed, get some sleep .. sober up, that's a good girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Go to bed, get some sleep .. sober up, that's a good girl.
    Childish really isn't it?

No point having a decent conversation because you're clearly too thick and narrow minded.

ReputationRep:
    Only got to see the highlights this morning. Decent result for Madrid, seeing as the league was already over anyway.

Wtf was Messi thinking about when kicking the ball at the crowd, should have been a red.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.