Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Alfredo Di Stefano's thoughts on the game

Damn, he went in!
    Fair comment to make to be honest, Madrid were outplayed and outclassed for the entire game and didn't really control any significant aspects of the game. Barca's finesse, passing and penetration of Real's offside trap definitely made them worthy of winning the game. I think Barca will dominate the next three El Clasico clashes aswell, they're simply too good at the moment. I think Real Madrid will have to go all out with their strength if they want to win any of the games, and they should it's not like their lacking in strong players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravikrishnagood)
    I think ronaldo will come off better than mess-y tonight. It would be 2-1
    2 from ronaldo, 1 own goal by valdes...haha
    Both teams have been pretty impressive this season, but while Barca remain the team to beat, Real Madrid haven’t convinced me they can end Barca’s domestic domination and it is for that reason I will back the hosts here. There is no doubt this will be a very tight game but I believe Barcelona will sneak a victory and return to the top of La Liga.

The News Nation

ReputationRep:
    Both teams have been pretty impressive this season, but while Barca remain the team to beat, Real Madrid haven’t convinced me they can end Barca’s domestic domination and it is for that reason I will back the hosts here. There is no doubt this will be a very tight game but I believe Barcelona will sneak a victory and return to the top of La Liga.

The News Nation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Alfredo Di Stefano's thoughts on the game

Damn, he went in!
    Didn't expect that from someone like him eventhough its true, isn't he still honorary president of RM or something. Mind games maybe :dontknow:.
    Loved the play football and dance part.

ReputationRep:
    Puyol fit and included in the Barca's team to travel to Valencia.

ReputationRep:
    Pep is going to take another gamble on Puyol, after what happened last time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Pep is going to take another gamble on Puyol, after what happened last time?
    hopefully (as a real madrid and spain supporter) he starts on the bench.

why would he risk it again.

ReputationRep:
    The only outcome I can see is Barcelona winning the next 3 Classicos.

(Original post by Skill)
    Your point is?? The Spanish league is just Barca and Real and then a huge gap. It also depends on what you mean by football. As far as I'm concerned passing the ball with a bit of zip and gloss in your own half to kill time when you have a 1 man advantage isn't exactly exhilarating. If you think football is purely about quality of the play then you really need to break your attending a football match virginity before you start telling me I'm dumb. Too many people are happy to be influenced by analysis of pundits and the like who will laud Spanish football and then believe the hype, when infact they don't even go to football matches themselves to have their own established opinion. A bit like these people who jump on the Arsenal bandwagon and start to think that if you don't play like Arsenal you are something beneath them.
    I can actually see your point of view, and I agree with it. Personally, I find Barcelona's football tedious at times, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I can appreciate their football, doesn't mean I have to enjoy it =).

ReputationRep:
    I am always bored stiff by Barcelona tbh. The greatest attacking teams I have seen in my time are the Invincibles and as much as it pains me to say, United at their best.

The football was exhilirating, quick, consistent and it won trophies.

ReputationRep:
    Most English fans won't enjoy Barcelona's style of play because they are not used to it. They want both teams to go for it, with end to end stuff, goal scoring chances every 5 or so minutes and both defences to be tested physically. But with Barcelona they like to keep the ball for a long long time, even though they only make 1 chance of it.(Clear example was from the weekend match) Also, this style of theirs makes their defenders to defend less but use their feet productively and which is why sometimes the pace is slower when building up attack from their defence line.
    I enjoy their style and wouldn't mind watching them every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Most English fans won't enjoy Barcelona's style of play because they are not used to it. They want both teams to go for it, with end to end stuff, goal scoring chances every 5 or so minutes and both defences to be tested physically. But with Barcelona they like to keep the ball for a long long time, even though they only make 1 chance of it.(Clear example was from the weekend match) Also, this style of theirs makes their defenders to defend less but use their feet productively and which is why sometimes the pace is slower when building up attack from their defence line.
    I enjoy their style and wouldn't mind watching them every week.
    I just don't like it (and Spanish football in general) as there is zero pressure put on attacking players which makes the attackers look better than they are. I'm not in for the whole 'cold night at the Brit' theory. But I still think the Premier League is the most challenging league in the world because it tests everything about a footballer, both physically and mentally.

Barca, like United at times, are just not challenged because teams are beaten before they go on the pitch. Once teams get over their fear then they give a better game and the results usually reflect that.

Also, at least lower league teams actually try against the top teams in the league in the Premier League. I think that is what makes the Spanish league so boring to me as there is just no attempt to challenge the status quo.

Oh and the obvious bias from Spanish referees in favour of Barca and Madrid is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Real Madrid will win the Copa Del Ray cup I always like seeing the underdog (supposedly) win against the big teams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I just don't like it (and Spanish football in general) as there is zero pressure put on attacking players which makes the attackers look better than they are. I'm not in for the whole 'cold night at the Brit' theory. But I still think the Premier League is the most challenging league in the world because it tests everything about a footballer, both physically and mentally.

Barca, like United at times, are just not challenged because teams are beaten before they go on the pitch. Once teams get over their fear then they give a better game and the results usually reflect that.

Also, at least lower league teams actually try against the top teams in the league in the Premier League. I think that is what makes the Spanish league so boring to me as there is just no attempt to challenge the status quo.

Oh and the obvious bias from Spanish referees in favour of Barca and Madrid is pathetic.
    I dislike Spanish football, I dislike the whole philosophy. I bet you they teach the kids to dive, simulate and pester the referee. It is disgraceful and Madrid and Barca are two of the worst at doing it.

It's really something I feel strongly about, and when the Spanish say they play football the proper way it's just hypocritical. But when idiots like Platini are in power what can you expect? For next generation of players, this kind of behaviour will become a normality and players will probably start to be applauded for realistic diving.

The Spanish league itself is not competitive. I don't care what people say about Athletico Madrid, Valencia et al. The only clubs the top 2 in Spain I can see challenging for the top 4 is Villarreal.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't people think that Barca and Madrid are too good for their own league, which is why they are the only ones challenging and not because the other 18 teams are bad teams. Imagine Barca and Madrid in the EPL with their respective stadiums also situated in England, I wouldn't be suprised if they were challenging for the title every season, scoring an average of 3 goals at home & goal difference of +30 or more. Even the clubs in the premier league would sit back and invite pressure against Barca/Madrid in either stadiums and this is what the Spanish clubs are doing now.

ReputationRep:
    Teams in England make it difficult for the top teams, even clubs in the Championship who can get 25,000+ a game. And the fact that Madrid and Barca may be too good is irrelevent, it still means that the league is not competitive.

ReputationRep:
    I just read this about the match in a Madrid forum;

Just so you're in the know:

The pre-match festivities are going to be crazy, neo-civil war bull****. The Marca/AS machine has asked all Madridistas to show up to the stadium dressed in white and with Spanish flags to counter the Cules who will undoubtedly bring their Senyeras with the star on it and take pleasure in whistling at the King and the national anthem.

In fact, just so there isn't a repeat of the embarrassing 2009 final, the Mestalla officials will play the anthem at a ridiculous 120 decibels so as to drown out the dissenters - and leave them deaf. This will be hilarious, they might as well throw this version out just to piss them off even more.

Oh, and waka-waka herself, Shakira, will be there along with some politicians and a few well known Spanish bands.
    This is gonna be fun

ReputationRep:
    Where is the hype and predictions? :eek:

I reckon it'll be 2-1 Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

I'm going with that, David Villa to score first !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

Nah, 2-1 Madrid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)

What a ridiculous post.

You know newly promoted Hercules beat Barca at the Camp Nou right? Almeria beat Madrid, Gijon drew with Barca and took away Mourinho's nine year unbeaten home league record (something an English team couldnt do) and last season Madrid got destroyed by a 3rd tier team.

Anyway, im going for a 2-1 to Barca tonight AET. Ronaldo to score for Madrid and Messi and Xavi to score for Barca.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.