Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I think I had that stream (Sopcast?)

Good game overall, Madrid's midfield were exceptional.

MOM?
    My stream was on Sopcast, but it was in Spanish. They're always better than the Dutch ones lol.

Casillas MOM, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    First half Madrid were much better but slowly Barca came back in the second half. Overall, Madrid deserved their win.

Messi's face after the final whistle was as if his team lost the world cup!
    Surprisingly Ronaldo was I think the only player who didn't celebrate as much as the other Madrid players.

Guardiola knew they need Puyol for the UCL legs, so it was best to rest him completely. No matter how much you train Mash and Busquests for the CB role, they will make some mistakes and won't look as solid. Which is why having Puyol back for the next 2 encounters will be a big boost for the Catalans.

Fantastic Classico #2

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I predicted Barca to win all 4 games, although I am very happy that Real Madrid have won this one.

Barca's noble insistence on playing a certain way and not changing that may just have been their downfall. I'm not sure about people who say Barca are losing it, it's far too early to be suggesting that.

I still think Barca will get to the CL final, as much as I'd prefer Madrid to beat them.

ReputationRep:
    woo!!! so happy right now!!! hala madrid!!!

madrid dominated the first half.. My dad an avid barcelona supporter was convinced they were playing with an extra man. but barca played better in the second half.

the next two games will be interesting! i hope madrid can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I just don't like it (and Spanish football in general) as there is zero pressure put on attacking players which makes the attackers look better than they are. I'm not in for the whole 'cold night at the Brit' theory. But I still think the Premier League is the most challenging league in the world because it tests everything about a footballer, both physically and mentally.

Barca, like United at times, are just not challenged because teams are beaten before they go on the pitch. Once teams get over their fear then they give a better game and the results usually reflect that.

Also, at least lower league teams actually try against the top teams in the league in the Premier League. I think that is what makes the Spanish league so boring to me as there is just no attempt to challenge the status quo.

Oh and the obvious bias from Spanish referees in favour of Barca and Madrid is pathetic.
    Agree with all of this. If Barca play any team in the bottom 5 or even a team below it is always some absolute whitewash ... don't get that in England. It's almost as if Spanish football has surrendered to Barca and Real being dominant forces which make up for and hide the pitiful rest of the league. Could you imagine taking Barca and Real out of the league? It would be as uninteresting as the Premier League in Malta. I mean who the **** would want to watch Sevilla vs Sporting Gijon? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Agree with all of this. If Barca play any team in the bottom 5 or even a team below it is always some absolute whitewash ... don't get that in England. It's almost as if Spanish football has surrendered to Barca and Real being dominant forces which make up for and hide the pitiful rest of the league. Could you imagine taking Barca and Real out of the league? It would be as uninteresting as the Premier League in Malta. I mean who the **** would want to watch Sevilla vs Sporting Gijon? :laugh:
    To be fair Sevilla would outclass quite a lot of teams in the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    To be fair Sevilla would outclass quite a lot of teams in the Premier League.
    Think you're going a bit OTT. They've got some good attacking players but really they're rather ordinary. Navas is decent without being outstanding in any way and Fabiano is obviously a quality striker but that's about it from what I've seen of them. Who would they 'outclass' with players like Freddie Kanoute in the team??! They haven't really got the players to outclass anyone. They're like a Tottenham reserve side.

ReputationRep:
    As for tonight's game glad to see Real win and knock Barca off their pedestal. Sergio Busquets is without doubt the most infuriating footballer to watch with his constant playacting and cardwaving etc Really quite shameful. I'm surprised noone has kicked his face in yet.

Madrid are a bit of an odd team. I think if they keep their players together they will be a really good outfit in 2-3 years ... to reach a similar level to Barcelona. They lack leadership and players with a winning mentality ... young team. Lots of good ball players without purpose behind it.

The playacting from both teams was ridiculous. We thought we had it bad in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Think you're going a bit OTT. They've got some good attacking players but really they're rather ordinary. Navas is decent without being outstanding in any way and Fabiano is obviously a quality striker but that's about it from what I've seen of them. Who would they 'outclass' with players like Freddie Kanoute in the team??! They haven't really got the players to outclass anyone. They're like a Tottenham reserve side.
    Fabiano doesn't even play for them anymore and Freddy Kanoute has 81 goals in 172 games in the league.Tottenham reserve side I think you are going OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant Pepe, that's all what i have to sayyyyyyyyyy

oh and also HALA MADRID

Btw spanish commentators arent loud, we just get excited easily but this is how it should be!

ReputationRep:
    HALA MADRID...!!!
    well...we need to take things lightly...
    true entertainment is yet to commence...can't w8
    Madrid fans...join the Real society...

EDIT: HOPE I DON'T GET NEGGED FOR SUPPORTING MY TEAM

ReputationRep:
    Well done madrid! NOW AIM FOR THE WEMBLEY!
    GOOD JOB.... WE SHALL PREVAIL...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    Fabiano doesn't even play for them anymore and Freddy Kanoute has 81 goals in 172 games in the league.Tottenham reserve side I think you are going OTT.
    In Spain ...

He's already played in England which is a tougher league and he's shown himself to be nothing more than a middle of the road striker. Not poor but nothing great either.

ReputationRep:
    Full of hope now for the champions game btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    In Spain ...

He's already played in England which is a tougher league and he's shown himself to be nothing more than a middle of the road striker. Not poor but nothing great either.
    Beckham came to Spain and had a largely unsuccessful time.Every one who watches La Liga knows Kanoute as a very good striker the teams he played with in England didn't play to his strengths.

ReputationRep:
    Congratz to Real I said they'll win it

CR7 again! Now for the final 2 "El Clasico"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else see David Villa's ***** fit?

I LOL'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Anybody else see David Villa's ***** fit?

I LOL'd.
    It was as if he got fingered in the bum.
    :teehee:
    11 goal-less matches...

ReputationRep:
    Very well disciplined madrid side. You can tell Mourinho has learnt his lesson after being being beaten 5-0 at the Camp Nou. Sort of the same way Inter Milan beat Barca, but Madrids counter attacking threat is potent..
    Madrid now have the psychological edge, but Barca welcome back the return of Puyol!

Some of Messi's runs and the way he keeps the ball from so many players is so good to watch! Can't wait to see them play at the Camp Nou, not many teams win there (except Barcelona )

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.