Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Madrid dealt with an injury blow: Khedira out for tomorrow's match and the 1st leg of CL.
    We got Adriano out for four weeks now aswell. Our squad is thinner than Madrid's so are injuries will mean more. Khedira is a decent enough player but he isn't a big loss. Having said that he hasn't got a nasty streak like Pepe and the other defensive players and is more disciplined so with him they wouldn't really get a red card, Lass on the other hand......

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha....what happened to the Copa del Rey cup was too funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilal_)
    They crushed our trophy

ReputationRep:
    Sergio Ramos is a tool. And that tool is a spanner .... the idiot

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid’s squad for the trip to the Mestalla:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Adan, Dudek.

Defenders: Albiol, Garay, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo, Nacho.

Midfielders: Diarra, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Kaka, Pedro Leon, Canales, Granero, Juanfran.

Forwards: Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain.

Mourinho has left Fernando Gago, Sami Khedira, Angel Di Maria and Emmanuel Adebayor in the Spanish capital due to injuries, while Arbeloa must serve a one-match suspension and Sergio Ramos is rested.

Mourinho has plenty of options in his strong squad.

(Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Damn!
    Is his injury serious ? :s
    German reports suggests his out for the remainder of the season, while Mourinho has not confirmed it. "He will not play tomorrow or on Wednesday because there is no miracle in medicine, but we hope he is back soon." So no set return.
    Khedira started 3/3 matches against Barca this season, which show Mourinho favours him ahead of Lass and would have started on Wednesday if he would have been fit.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho's line-up has given up on La Liga by resting:
    X. Alonso
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    M. Özil
    Pepe
    Marcelo
    Ramos

Out of the starting 11, only Casillias, Albiol and Lass has started who will potentially face Barca in CL.

EDIT - Madrid are on a rampage 4-0!. Looks like they won't need their rested players.

ReputationRep:
    Its good madrid are winning..now with that confidence they might try to put up a fight against us on the 27th.
    I'm sacred for us,I really am.We looked really bad the past 2 games and very shaky since February to be honest.

I hope for the best but I won't put my money on Barca.
    +Last year Ibra this year Villa... what the ****...

ReputationRep:
    Oh look the wonderful Spanish League ... 6-2 after 83 minutes and this is apparently without Ronaldo and many other of their first team players! Valencia are 3rd after Barca and Real .... nuff said. English Football > Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    hmm yea you have a point but if we atleast get a draw at the Bernabeu then im sure we'll go through..they cant possibly win at the Camp Nou.
    With Mourinho everything is possible.

I hope Puyol is back at least. and Villa wakes the **** up.

He will most probably be sold this summer if he doesn't score.

Bring on Neymar and Cavani/Nilmar and sell Bojan,Villa,Milito,Jeffren,Ibra,

ReputationRep:
    Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Pedro on the bench, while Pique is rested.

ReputationRep:
    Villa is back!

ReputationRep:
    well looks like more bad news for barcelona's defence.
    both milito and maxwell are set to have test later today to determine whether they will be fit for wednesday. Here is the link from barca's website

as a real madrid fan i am very happy about this news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    well looks like more bad news for barcelona's defence.
    both milito and maxwell are set to have test later today to determine whether they will be fit for wednesday. Here is the link from barca's website

as a real madrid fan i am very happy about this news
    Milito or Maxwell wouldn't start in any case even if they were fit. Maybe Maxwell because of Adriano's injury but never Milito.

ReputationRep:
    So, the availability of Maxwell and Milito, according to the FC Barcelona Medical Services will depend on their recovery from their respective injuries.

Milito and Maxwell, pending recovery

ReputationRep:
    Both Emmanuel Adebayor and Angel Di Maria have been declared fit to play in Wednesday night's Champions League semi-final. While, midfielder Sami Khedira has reportedly lost the race to appear in the two semi-finals as the Spanish daily revealed the German international's torn right adductor muscle will require several weeks on the sidelines.

Big boost for Madrid, especially Di Maria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Both Emmanuel Adebayor and Angel Di Maria have been declared fit to play in Wednesday night's Champions League semi-final. While, midfielder Sami Khedira has reportedly lost the race to appear in the two semi-finals as the Spanish daily revealed the German international's torn right adductor muscle will require several weeks on the sidelines.

Big boost for Madrid, especially Di Maria.
    Hala Madrid!
    Awesome news.... we are locked on.

ReputationRep:
    Would have been better for Madrid if Di Maria had been injured tbh. He is a joke of a player and so many attacks break down because of him.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't always have end product but he can create quite a lot when on form, he goes past players like they're not even there. He can be very wasteful sometimes but I think it's worth keeping him in the team just because of his flashes of brilliance that can win his team the game.

ReputationRep:

Under 48 hours.........

Team News: Puyol and Milito included in Barca squad. While, Maxwell is ruled out for the 1st leg.

ReputationRep:
    There will be some shuffle for Barcelona, here are the options:
    Mascherano
    Busquets
    Milito
    Pique
    Puyol
    Alves

My predictions:
    Defence Alves--Pique--Milito--Puyol
    Midfield Xavi--Busquets--Iniesta
    Striker Messi-Villa--Pedro

Defence Ramos--Pepe--Albiol--Marcelo
    Midfield Lass--Alonso--Oezil
    Striker Ronaldo--???--Di Maria

Only question is the central forward position. Can be either Higuain, Benzema, Adebayor. Or Oezil can move to right wing, moving Ronaldo central and Kaka can play midfield.
    Think Mourinho will play less defensive than he did against Barcelona in the La Liga match because he should know it will be hard to score in Nou Camp.

EDIT - According to El Mundo Deportivo and other reports youngster Thiago Alcantara could be in line for a starting berth alongside Xavi and Busquets. Meaning Iniesta starts at left wing, Villa starts at centre-forward, with Messi starting from the right wing.(Pedro would consequently be dropped to the bench)

EDIT 2 - Catalan daily Sport reports Iniesta is a doubt after sustaining a calf problem and is expected to start from the bench.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.