Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Real will win tonight but Barcelona will win the tie.

ReputationRep:
    Real will easily win tonight looking at both team lineup's and recent performances. Also Mourinho has managed to make Guardiola explode which is an amazing feat. But Barcelona are very strong at home so Real will need to prepare for it.

ReputationRep:
    Who's playing at home tonight and what time's kick-off in English time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Who's playing at home tonight and what time's kick-off in English time
    Madrid - 19:45

ReputationRep:
    Team News

Barcelona:
    Valdes
    Alves - Pique - Busquets - Puyol
    Mascherano - Xavi - Keita
    Pedro - Villa - Messi

Madrid:
    Casillias
    Arbeloa - Ramos - Albiol - Marcelo
    Alonso - Pepe - Diarra
    Ronaldo - Oezil - Di Maria

ReputationRep:
    cant wait :sogood: cmon Real!!

ReputationRep:
    I think Real will win tonight and draw the 2nd leg...at least thats what I hope...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Madrid - 19:45
    TY

ReputationRep:
    Madrid have Ramos, Albiol and Ronaldo one yellow away from suspension, while Barca have none.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that Barca will destroy Real?

I mean Barca were the better team in the Copa Del Rey final by far they outclassed Real with pocession and passing however, Real got lucky in extra time. I can see David Villa scoring 2 goals tonight, he seemed to be quite sharp in their last La Liga game. Messi, well we're guaranteed to see something special and Real will probably end up getting anthoer lucky goal.

I think the weak link in Barca's team is:

I can see Oezil causing problems on the counter-attack.

But we'll wait and see what happens, either way it'll be a good game

ReputationRep:
    Messi has never scored against a team coached by Mourinho.
    Ronaldo has never scored against Barcelona.

What is the chance of both happening in the same match in any of the 4 games?
    :awesome:

This made me LOL....

ReputationRep:
    Hope madrid get smashed. Anti football at its worst. Can't imagine a game between man city and madrid, think i'd rather watch stoke play bolton if that ever happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Does anyone else think that Barca will destroy Real?

I mean Barca were the better team in the Copa Del Rey final by far they outclassed Real with pocession and passing however, Real got lucky in extra time. I can see David Villa scoring 2 goals tonight, he seemed to be quite sharp in their last La Liga game. Messi, well we're guaranteed to see something special and Real will probably end up getting anthoer lucky goal.

I think the weak link in Barca's team is:

I can see Oezil causing problems on the counter-attack.

But we'll wait and see what happens, either way it'll be a good game
    I hope so. I love Mourinho but Barcelona's football means that I can't help supporting them, and hoping they clean up as many trophies as possible while this team is still together.

ReputationRep:
    Madrid have Ramos, Albiol and Ronaldo one yellow away from suspension, while Barca have none.
    Such a WUM if Madrid go through and Ronaldo has to miss the final against United.

I can see Madrid picking up a 2-1 win here, they have some amazing pace with Ronaldo and Di Maria breaking and Adebayor on the bench has looked pretty good in the previous 2 games.

ReputationRep:
    Champions League music :sogood:

The best music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    Hope madrid get smashed. Anti football at its worst. Can't imagine a game between man city and madrid, think i'd rather watch stoke play bolton if that ever happened.
    Meh, I think that's a bit harsh. Madrid can play good football when necessary, but against Barcelona what are they meant to do? Sure, I'd like to see Madrid play an expansive 433 against Barcelona and watch a ridiculously attacking game of football, but the job of Mourinho and his players isn't to entertain the general public, it's to win the league and Champions League. I have sympathy with them, even if I hate watching it.

ReputationRep:
    Clive Tyldesley:

''Getting into a war of words with Mourinho is like getting into a meowing competition with a cat''

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Ah finally a match I can watch on TV
    Although I will have to put up with that ****ing **** that is Adrian Chiles during half time
    Gwarn Real Madrid

ReputationRep:
    Isn't CL the more conventional acronym rather than UCL? Although UCL is probably more fitting considering.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so god damn excited about this game I can't hide it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.