Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Red card offense? It was minimal contact. The foul on Pepe just earlier was just as much a red as that one. Not to mention Pedro and Biscuits should've had yellows for diving and Puyol could be in the stands if the ref had the guts to start booking players surrounding him.
    lol if players got sent off for surrounding the ref 90% of top games would end 5-a-side. Not to mention Ramos' assault of messi (when he elbowed him to stop him getting passed him) was worse than the foul on pepe. You cant tacke that high, that late and with your studs up.

ReputationRep:
    The behaviour of both teams was disgusting tonight, Real are the lesser of two evils.

ReputationRep:
    give the ginger his coca-colaah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Absolute disgrace of a game. Barcelona are scum.
    And not Madrid?..Look at the ******* Di Maria!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I dunno though, Alves managed to get stretchered off! Quite the feat.
    It was funny as he was on the floor for so long they brought the stretcher on, he sat up on the stretcher and was patting the guy on the shoulder, don't think he meant to go off the field ha ha!

ReputationRep:
    Sergio Busquets...for me...epitomises everything wrong with the modern game. Biggest cheating prat in world football.

ReputationRep:
    All you madrid supporters need to press start > shutdown.
    Di maria dives constantly, marcelo STOMPED on pedro and the ref didn't see it, adebyor or however u spell that ***** name practically punched xavi or whoever it was in the face. Alves might of made the most of it but if you go in high like that in a game you "run the risk" as everyone likes to say.

Madrid weren't exactly much of an attacking force before the sending off were they? Some fumbled shot by valdes sums their performance up. Face it, you goto messed up by messi - go home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Oh yeah forgot to mention this, 3 dives from di maria and he threw his hands around like a 5 year old everytime he didnt get a fould or the player didnt get booked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)

Yes I agree, some of the antics of Barca weren't good but they weren't demanding a red for Pepe's challenge, but a yellow.

Just one word - Messi. 52 goals in all competitions and 11 in 11 in UCL. (That 2nd goal was just just just [[Insert a new word])
    How can you possibly know that they were demanding a yellow and not a red :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Quote I found about the match today... "Enough now, enough of the lauding of Barca," writes Cathal O'Flaherty. "To see more than half the team sprinting towards the referee after Pepe's foul shows exactly what kind of characters these guys have. They play great football, but their conduct is disgraceful."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Ohwell, we got the Copa Del Rey :awesome:

Messi's goals were great, and he's a brilliant player, no doubt about it, but his performance is sometimes overshadowed by the fact that he plays for a team of diving babies.
    errr..Di Maria..?

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit worried the Real president will sack Mourinho and try to poach Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool. Since King Kenny has been in charge we would have easily been in the top 3, I think he's even higher rated than Fergie in Catalonia these days. Scary times.

But Mourinho is a good manager too, maybe not quite as good as King Kenny, but still among the best. Hope he doesn't get sacked.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona are a disgrace. They personify everything that is wrong with football. They use dishonest tactics in order to gain an unfair advantage. Until referees are given access to video replays which could tonight have shown Busquets' face-grab, Pedro's... well, I can only describe it as his running into Arbeloa and then jumping to the ground and this is punished every time by a booking, anything Barcelona win will mean nothing in my eyes. Their fans should be ashamed of their team and the rest of us should be perceptive enough to see them for what they are.

Hence why I will be strongly supporting Man Utd, a team I detest in many ways, in the final.

P.S. Whoever it was that delivered the gem to me a few months ago that "Busquets has massively matured since boarding the plane to South Africa" hopefully realises now that they were not even faintly correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    lol if players got sent off for surrounding the ref 90% of top games would end 5-a-side. Not to mention Ramos' assault of messi (when he elbowed him to stop him getting passed him) was worse than the foul on pepe. You cant tacke that high, that late and with your studs up.
    Players have been booked for diving and shouting at refs before, happens in games everywhere. The ref let it get out of hand and let the Barca players practically bully him.
    Again, the contact was minimal, the guy just rolled around on the floor like he'd been shot. The Ramos one was a bodycheck which is normally a yellow(and Ramos misses the next game), the one of Pepe was high and cynical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    well i guess thats the difference between us, i have my own opinions.
    But if thats what people on various websites are saying
    I'm not just forming my opinion based on what I've read elsewhere, I watched that match too and the people I've seen comments from just reinforced that.

ReputationRep:
    worst display of football (minus messi's magical moment) I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    I see cheating like this in the premier league from teams like Arsenal and Man U so much so I dont know why people are making a big deal out of it anyway Lionel Messi is the greatest player of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Real Madrid were not innocent but Barcelona are on another level. Busquets, Pedro, Dani Alves and David Villa in particular, spent most of the game on the floor. But the thing that pisses me off most is how they surround the referee every single time and contest every single tiny decision. Sure, everyone does it to some extent but Barcelona are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Barca bunch of diving ***** :rant:

sweet goals by Messi though, especially the 2nd :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Players have been booked for diving and shouting at refs before, happens in games everywhere. The ref let it get out of hand and let the Barca players practically bully him.
    Again, the contact was minimal, the guy just rolled around on the floor like he'd been shot. The Ramos one was a bodycheck which is normally a yellow(and Ramos misses the next game), the one of Pepe was high and cynical.
    lol it was ramos' elbow not his body. And again, are you suggesting that teams in england (particularly the top 4 or 5 teams) dont have half their team surrounding the ref at big decisions?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.