ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Need highlights for that second goal ffs

will rep :yy:
    Look at the second video on this website
    http://allsportslivenow.blogspot.com...-27-april.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    Silva switched to madrid since when?... If barcelona made as many fouls as madrid the madrid players would be going to ref as well, hardly barcas madrid don't bother pressing to get the ball off them.
    Yea, my bad, I meant David Villa. Anyway, I didn't see all that many fouls from Madrid. Clearly we have different opinions on what constitutes a foul. I'm not that opposed to the odd dodgy tackle. The ref deals with it, you get up and get ****ing on with it. Diving and surrounding the referee is infinitely worse than fouling, it completely kills the game.

Getting stuck in is part of the game, acting should not be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chambo)
    The bias towards barcelona is quite frankly disgusting.
    Messi is hugely over-rated, he passed a ball and everybody thinks of millions of superlatives to describe an average pass. In a few words, barca are diving, cheating, and most definitely boring. Messi is shocking without xavi....

All im gonna say is..

52 goals and 23 assists in 50 games................

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Barcelona are a disgrace. They personify everything that is wrong with football. They use dishonest tactics in order to gain an unfair advantage. Until referees are given access to video replays which could tonight have shown Busquets' face-grab, Pedro's... well, I can only describe it as his running into Arbeloa and then jumping to the ground and this is punished every time by a booking, anything Barcelona win will mean nothing in my eyes. Their fans should be ashamed of their team and the rest of us should be perceptive enough to see them for what they are.

Hence why I will be strongly supporting Man Utd, a team I detest in many ways, in the final.

P.S. Whoever it was that delivered the gem to me a few months ago that "Busquets has massively matured since boarding the plane to South Africa" hopefully realises now that they were not even faintly correct.
    This. Such a shame they spoil their majestic football with such dishonesty and gamesmanship. Puyol, Busquets, Pedro, Dani Alves, Villa plus the rest. Atleast Xavi and Messi have some dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Yea, my bad, I meant David Villa. Anyway, I didn't see all that many fouls from Madrid. Clearly we have different opinions on what constitutes a foul. I'm not that opposed to the odd dodgy tackle. The ref deals with it, you get up and get ****ing on with it. Diving and surrounding the referee is infinitely worse than fouling, it completely kills the game.

Getting stuck in is part of the game, acting should not be.
    The fouls such as pepe's on daniel alves, ramos' on messi and Marcelo's on Pedro are not 'part of the game' they are assault and i dont think i would be very happy either if i was getting stamped on kicked and elbowed while trying to play football either.

ReputationRep:
    Good goal by Messi. I doubt he could replicate that on a wet, windy night in Stoke though...
    Adebayor earned some good credits tonight, Busquets actually getting hit in the face was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    This. Such a shame they spoil their majestic football with such dishonesy and gamesmanship. Puyol, Busquets, Pedro, Dani Alves, Villa plus the rest. Atleast Xavi and Messi have some dignity.
    Messi has dignity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnesOQTbWeQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Ronaldo was better then Messi in Copa final because he scored, but was Messi really crap in that match?

Tonight, Messi outshined in a big match and Ronaldo was nowhere to be seen and it's not been mentioned? :p:
    I got a lot of love for Messi but tbh it was only after Barca got Pepe sent off that he managed to score. And that's hardly surprising considering it was basically his job to keep tabs on Messi.

ReputationRep:
    What a disgusting show by both teams, truly appalling, at least Messi brought it back to football

But after tonight I now dislike Barca with their pathetic gamesmanship and diving as much as I dislike Madrid, they're very well versed in the dark arts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    The fouls such as pepe's on daniel alves, ramos' on messi and Marcelo's on Pedro are not 'part of the game' they are assault and i dont think i would be very happy either if i was getting stamped on kicked and elbowed while trying to play football either.
    Pepe's foul on Alves was nothing, I wouldn't have even viewed it as a yellow. Can't say I recall Ramos' foul on Messi.

The foul by Marcelo on Pedro is the only foul I would view as particularly bad.

Mourinho is prophet ffs. He's predicted it for 3 games that Madrid will play with 10 men. Wonder whos going to start Mourinhooism? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    These El Classico's have all been a disappointment so far. All these World Class players on show and yet all we get to witness are a bunch of pansies. I am so annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    OK perhaps he isnt 100% dignified

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee? You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet? Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly. Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it? Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Pepe's foul on Alves was nothing, I wouldn't have even viewed it as a yellow. Can't say I recall Ramos' foul on Messi.

The foul by Marcelo on Pedro is the only foul I would view as particularly bad.
    So now studs up challenges are nothing? No wonder you lot are complaining :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lets face it, both teams will confront the ref until a player's sent off and they have an advantage to score. It's in Real's and Barca's nature, they can't score unless there's a player sent off, and tbh Real are pretty stupid to always be the team who lose a player. I suppose it's bound to happen when a teams holding the ball for 78% of the match, somebody's obviously going to commit to a dirty foul and get sent off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I can't actually believe that I'm really tempted to support the Mancs in a final. I will probably come to my senses tomorrow but my hate for Barca at this moment is too high.

What a goal by Messi. I love him tbh.
    I don;'t understand why you and quite a few others are making Barcelona such a personal hatred of yours. Real Madrid were just as guilty with their antics, as are just about every football team when given the chance to have their opponents punished by the ref - Man utd, Arsenal, Milans, Chelsea, etc etc etc. It just so happens that Barcelona on this occasion were lucky to have a referee who crumbled under their pressure.

Also Adebayor arguably should've been sent off with his shove against the face of a Barcelona player, but didnt, so I guess this partly evens up the supposed injustice of Pepe's sending off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee? You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet? Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly. Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it? Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.
    Other teams just do it, Barca plan it, do you notice how they alternate the players going to the ref? Other teams surround the ref out of passion, from Barcelona its a tactic, and its disgusting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.