Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee? You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet? Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly. Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it? Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.
    for me its only a problem when the players influence the refs decision which is what happened there.

replays showed it was maybe a foul but no way a red card and then after barca surronded and begged the referee did pepe get a red card.

that is completely wrong and no referee should give in to that pressure
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    From what everyone is saying, the game was a bad display of football. I watched the last 30minutes of the second half and what I saw was fantastic football from Barca. Real Madrid never had a shout in the game from what I saw. Messi is clearly one of the best footballers of our generation

ReputationRep:
    Pinto + Pepe + Mourinho = Red Card
    Sub player + On field player + Manager = Red Card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    so barcelona have one off game, LOL and people are calling them disgraceful tell me what team you support.

Barcelona are the best footballing team in the world, although their are strong signs that their key players are beginning to tire, if you compare the amount of money real madrid is worth compared to barca you can see why barcelona are truly a great team.
    Success in football is generally determined by how much is spent on wages not transfer fees. Barcelona spend a lot more on wages than Real Madrid do. Hence the success :yawn:

(Original post by a_t)
    Other teams just do it, Barca plan it, do you notice how they alternate the players going to the ref? Other teams surround the ref out of passion, from Barcelona its a tactic, and its disgusting
    Yeeeaaahhh... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Oh well another clash between the best teams in football for CL final, nothing unusual here. Man Utd vs Barcelona

When is the last time the same two teams met in the final between 2 years, that's right real madrid won't beat barcelona at the camp.
    Liverpool AC Milan 2005 and 2007.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee? You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet? Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly. Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it? Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.
    Tbh pretty everyone in this thread was complaining about the diving and play acting more than anything else, yet you've picked on the smallest thing to respond to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Other teams just do it, Barca plan it, do you notice how they alternate the players going to the ref? Other teams surround the ref out of passion, from Barcelona its a tactic, and its disgusting
    Come on now. So if Scholes and Rooney and co jump on a ref it's passion but with Barcelona it is dirty underhand planned tactics? Very poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Success in football is generally determined by how much is spent on wages not transfer fees. Barcelona spend a lot more on wages than Real Madrid do. Hence the success :yawn:
    And of course a bit of extra expenditure in games against Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter, Real etc. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)

I think people just get frustrated that a team as good as Barca feels the need to get other players sent off, when they don't need to.

Also the hypocrisy of it all. People praise Barcelona as being the team that plays football the "right way" (how many times does Xavi need to remind us that they do?) when in fact football is based on respect, morals and fair-play more than anything. Unfortunately, Barca lack these basic principles.

NB. I'm not saying Madrid are much better either, but as someone said earlier, they are the lesser of the two evils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    So now studs up challenges are nothing? No wonder you lot are complaining :rolleyes:
    Studs were up but he barely grazed his leg. Going by the book, it was a yellow. Nothing horrific.

(Original post by Sandra1993)
    for me its only a problem when the players influence the refs decision which is what happened there.

replays showed it was maybe a foul but no way a red card and then after barca surronded and begged the referee did pepe get a red card.

that is completely wrong and no referee should give in to that pressure
    So blame the ref then. How can an impartial objective co-ordinator be influenced? :facepalm2:

get real ffs :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I can't actually believe that I'm really tempted to support the Mancs in a final. I will probably come to my senses tomorrow but my hate for Barca at this moment is too high.

What a goal by Messi. I love him tbh.
    I must admit my thought process is all over the place for this final. I can only hope both teams are found to condone wide spread doping and every player thrown in jail for prostitution and drug mules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Real Madrid were not innocent but Barcelona are on another level. Busquets, Pedro, Dani Alves and David Villa in particular, spent most of the game on the floor. But the thing that pisses me off most is how they surround the referee every single time and contest every single tiny decision. Sure, everyone does it to some extent but Barcelona are ridiculous.
    Of course that also annoyed me, especially Pedro!..but its a sad part of the modern game now :/
    It sucks though!

ReputationRep:
    Why is there serious bias with barca? So many disgusting dives from that team, many of their players should've have been bookd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Come on now. So if Scholes and Rooney and co jump on a ref it's passion but with Barcelona it is dirty underhand planned tactics? Very poor.
    Its passion because they don't take turns going to the referee! They don't plan it ensuring that its not the same player going to the ref to get in his ear and complain about EVERY SINGLE DECISION, Barca do it in every game, it was very clear against Arsenal and v apparent tonight, watch out for it in the next game they play

Look I don't like Madrid either, their spending is a joke, but this part of Barca's game is very dark

ReputationRep:
    Good display by Messi (eventually) but disapointing game (I wanted Real to win tbh). An away team having 71% possesion?! :lolwut: I don't care if that team is Barcelona or Brighton, that's poor. Whats even poorer was all the disgusting play acting in the first half. They (Barcelona) better fix up for the second leg :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    I don;'t understand why you and quite a few others are making Barcelona such a personal hatred of yours. Real Madrid were just as guilty with their antics, as are just about every football team when given the chance to have their opponents punished by the ref - Man utd, Arsenal, Milans, Chelsea, etc etc etc. It just so happens that Barcelona on this occasion were lucky to have a referee who crumbled under their pressure.

Also Adebayor arguably should've been sent off with his shove against the face of a Barcelona player, but didnt, so I guess this partly evens up the supposed injustice of Pepe's sending off
    Have you not noticed how referees always crumble under Barcelona's pressure?

And it may seem like I'm just condemning Barca here (because I have been) but I've also berated Madrid and other Spanish team too through out this thread, I just don't like Spanish Football. The reason I hate Barca a lot atm is just because of the extent to how much they dive and play act, it's more than any other team I've ever seen. It just gets on my nerves when the best team in the world needs to resort to these kind of tactics, or anyone for that matter. Adebayor getting sent off near the end =/= Pepe getting sent off that early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Its passion because they don't take turns going to the referee! They don't plan it ensuring that its not the same player going to the ref to get in his ear and complain about EVERY SINGLE DECISION, Barca do it in every game, it was very clear against Arsenal and v apparent tonight, watch out for it in the next game they play

Look I don't like Madrid either, their spending is a joke, but this part of Barca's game is very dark
    Passion? It's just they are too stupid. Every team plans these kind of things, it's how you get in the other teams heads, just Rooney and the like are too dumb to stick to the plan and mouth off to cameras etc.

Some teams will waste time on a throw in by kicking the ball away/hiding the ball, Puyol just runs into the corner flag so play cannot restart, it's just them being smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    And of course a bit of extra expenditure in games against Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter, Real etc. :holmes:
    Barcelona do not buy referees they breed them young and then 'allow' other people to use them until they need them back :fyi:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.