Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    In one of the most heated match there is for Barcelona and all the hype surrounding the match, why would the Barcelona players get fouled and assaulted by the Madrid players and not complain. These aggressive tactics has been implemented by Mourinho and this wasn't the case when he wasn't there. Since the first match in Nou Camp, there have been plenty of rough tackles by Mourinhp's team. Wouldn't these tackles been planned before the game by Mourinho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    for me its only a problem when the players influence the refs decision which is what happened there.

replays showed it was maybe a foul but no way a red card and then after barca surronded and begged the referee did pepe get a red card.

that is completely wrong and no referee should give in to that pressure
    What pressure? He plays it how he calls it. Either get video replay or we will have this grey zone. If the refeere sees it then judge accordingly. If not consult the linesman.

Sure but we can never prove it, the refeere actually went to the linesman before giving Pepe the red card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    From what everyone is saying, the game was a bad display of football. I watched the last 30minutes of the second half and what I saw was fantastic football from Barca. Real Madrid never had a shout in the game from what I saw. Messi is clearly one of the best footballers of our generation
    Obviously, but he can be a petulant little fcuk when he wants to be as well. The fact they're such a good team is what makes their frequently dirty tactics so frustrating, because they're unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    In one of the most heated match there is for Barcelona and all the hype surrounding the match, why would the Barcelona players get fouled and assaulted by the Madrid players and not complain. These aggressive tactics has been implemented by Mourinho and this wasn't the case when he wasn't there. Since the first match in Nou Camp, there have been plenty of rough tackles by Mourinhp's team. Wouldn't these tackles been planned before the game by Mourinho?
    Wtf are you on about? I think I saw one bad tackle (Pepe's) and that wasn't even worth a red and one petulant stamp from Marcelo. What's wrong with him telling his players to get in Barca's face? It's clearly the way to beat them and is within the rules of the game and until the sending off was working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Its passion because they don't take turns going to the referee! They don't plan it ensuring that its not the same player going to the ref to get in his ear and complain about EVERY SINGLE DECISION, Barca do it in every game, it was very clear against Arsenal and v apparent tonight, watch out for it in the next game they play

Look I don't like Madrid either, their spending is a joke, but this part of Barca's game is very dark
    Bull****, I bet you're one of those people that never bat an eyelid when Gerrard or Rooney dive but then took a freak when Eduardo done that one dive. Plus If you wanna see someone moan at the ref after EVERY decision then watch Rooney because he does it much more than anyone else.

I mean, it's obviously true that Barca tried to pressurise the ref but you're making it out to be much worse than it actualy was, I don't buy the whole taking turns to complain either because Busquets complained every single time anything happened. It's just English bias mate, the likes of Man U, Arsenal (in particular) etc. do exactly the same thing. The diving was pretty bad though, but again blown out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Wtf are you on about? I think I saw one bad tackle (Pepe's) and that wasn't even worth a red and one petulant stamp from Marcelo. What's wrong with him telling his players to get in Barca's face? It's clearly the way to beat them and is within the rules of the game and until the sending off was working.
    Well wouldn't the Barca players get angry and frustrated if they were tackled with no intent on getting the ball? So it would make sense for them to seek protection from the referee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    I think people just get frustrated that a team as good as Barca feels the need to get other players sent off, when they don't need to.

Also the hypocrisy of it all. People praise Barcelona as being the team that plays football the "right way" (how many times does Xavi need to remind us that they do?) when in fact football is based on respect, morals and fair-play more than anything. Unfortunately, Barca lack these basic principles.

NB. I'm not saying Madrid are much better either, but as someone said earlier, they are the lesser of the two evils.
    This is fine, I can see where you are coming from. However if a player stamps you and the refeeree doesn't do anything of course you are going to complain, natural reaction. Sure the constant surrounding is annoying/unethical but what's worse is not booking the fouls. This is not a black and white area, just imagine you getting stamped by another player in a match, are you going to be quiet or complain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    This is not a black and white area, just imagine you getting stamped by another player in a match, are you going to be quiet or complain?
    Exactly! This has been happening in every Barca vs Mourinho match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Studs were up but he barely grazed his leg. Going by the book, it was a yellow. Nothing horrific.
    There you go, studs up and the refeere is nowhere near. The mistake/or not lies with him for deeming it a red. You will never in your life see a football team not complain to a referee if one of their team mates gets tackled roughly or with a stud, even in non-competitive football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    Bull****, I bet you're one of those people that never bat an eyelid when Gerrard or Rooney dive but then took a freak when Eduardo done that one dive. Plus If you wanna see someone moan at the ref after EVERY decision then watch Rooney because he does it much more than anyone else.

I mean, it's obviously true that Barca tried to pressurise the ref but you're making it out to be much worse than it actualy was, I don't buy the whole taking turns to complain either because Busquets complained every single time anything happened. It's just English bias mate, the likes of Man U, Arsenal (in particular) etc. do exactly the same thing. The diving was pretty bad though, but again blown out of proportion.
    I'm not complaining about people moaning to refs, its the taking turns element

Watch Barca next week see it in action if you don't believe me

I didn't neg you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Barcelona are a disgrace. They personify everything that is wrong with football. They use dishonest tactics in order to gain an unfair advantage. Until referees are given access to video replays which could tonight have shown Busquets' face-grab, Pedro's... well, I can only describe it as his running into Arbeloa and then jumping to the ground and this is punished every time by a booking, anything Barcelona win will mean nothing in my eyes. Their fans should be ashamed of their team and the rest of us should be perceptive enough to see them for what they are.

Hence why I will be strongly supporting Man Utd, a team I detest in many ways, in the final.

P.S. Whoever it was that delivered the gem to me a few months ago that "Busquets has massively matured since boarding the plane to South Africa" hopefully realises now that they were not even faintly correct.
    ....as opposed to Man Utd who have always played with absolute integrity, producing fine honest players such as Ronaldo and Rooney who have never dived or feigned an injury in their entire career?

:rolleyes:

The point is, your letting the green-eyed monster get into the way of your judgement. Just because Barcelona are successful in winning trophies and are getting praised through the roof by every football journalist there is out there, it doesn't mean that their so-called 'dishonest tactics' deserves to be magnified out of proportion. Lets put things into perspective, all teams are guilty of deploying such means to gain unfair advantages over their opponents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Well wouldn't the Barca players get angry and frustrated if they were tackled with no intent on getting the ball? So it would make sense for them to seek protection from the referee.
    How the hell does getting in Barca's face = tackling with no intent on getting the ball?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    There you go, studs up and the refeere is nowhere near. The mistake/or not lies with him for deeming it a red. You will never in your life see a football team not complain to a referee if one of their team mates gets tackled roughly or with a stud, even in non-competitive football.
    And you will never in your life see Barcelona not complain to a referee about a small incident...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Its passion because they don't take turns going to the referee! They don't plan it ensuring that its not the same player going to the ref to get in his ear and complain about EVERY SINGLE DECISION, Barca do it in every game, it was very clear against Arsenal and v apparent tonight, watch out for it in the next game they play

Look I don't like Madrid either, their spending is a joke, but this part of Barca's game is very dark

I completely disagree with taking turns, sounds bizarre now. So if Barcelona complained with passion you would say it was alright even though you seem to completely disagree with the premise? Remember your own players complain when they are right/wrong so why are Barcelona different? Just because we get tackled more than the average team or because of Mourinho's tactics of playing deep and rough?

By the way Xavi has accumulated 5 yellows in the league for purely complaining, there is no taking turns, the nearest players do it. Heck Victor the ditsy cow even comes out at times.

Look either you ban complaining completely or you agree with basic human instincts, i.e the right to complain to a refeere when something wrong has happened.

ReputationRep:
    Evidently some people on this forum have no understanding of the concept of sportsmanship.

1. The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.
    2. Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.

Spanish teams, particularly Barca, spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    Barca played like the scum they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    ....as opposed to Man Utd who have always played with absolute integrity, producing fine honest players such as Ronaldo and Rooney who have never dived or feigned an injury in their entire career?

:rolleyes:

The point is, your letting the green-eyed monster get into the way of your judgement. Just because Barcelona are successful in winning trophies and are getting praised through the roof by every football journalist there is out there, it doesn't mean that their so-called 'dishonest tactics' deserves to be magnified out of proportion. Lets put things into perspective, all teams are guilty of deploying such means to gain unfair advantages over their opponents.
    Have can you not see the difference between someone like the Mancs and Barca? One or two players maybe went down easy at United, nearly the whole Barca team goes down easy. Honestly, these arguments from the pro Barca lot that Gerrard/Rooney or whoever do it are weak, that's one player in there entire squad, the extent to which Spanish teams, especially Barca do it is embarrassing and I don't know how you can't see the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    And you will never in your life see Barcelona not complain to a referee about a small incident...
    Look, how do you see it? If you disagree with complaining then I'd love to meet you in a match and kick you with the ref not seeing. Little or not if complaining isn't allowed this wouldn't happen, but we all know there is nothing wrong with it. Sure small decision may be petty but football is a sport where even the most finite details can change the outcome of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    This is fine, I can see where you are coming from. However if a player stamps you and the refeeree doesn't do anything of course you are going to complain, natural reaction. Sure the constant surrounding is annoying/unethical but what's worse is not booking the fouls. This is not a black and white area, just imagine you getting stamped by another player in a match, are you going to be quiet or complain?
    There were theatrics from the first whistle - irrelevent of the stamp. I take your point, but I think not booking fouls and booking non-fouls are just as bad as each other.

Something just needs to be done, because apart from some Messi magic, the game was quite frankly a joke from both sides. Do I expect Platini to do anything though? Not really - the man is utterly useless.

Can I just ask people though, do you think a Madrid player would have done the same if he was in Alves' position? I think so.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.