Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Look, how do you see it? If you disagree with complaining then I'd love to meet you in a match and kick you with the ref not seeing. Little or not if complaining isn't allowed this wouldn't happen, but we all know there is nothing wrong with it. Sure small decision may be petty but football is a sport where even the most finite details can change the outcome of the game.
    I'd wait for the moment to stamp on you in return and then get on with the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    Evidently some people on this forum have no understanding of the concept of sportsmanship.

1. The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.
    2. Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.

Spanish teams, particularly Barca, spring to mind.
    So it's against fairplay to complain to the referee if somebody stamps on you? Why can't people understand the basic premise of complaints? They aren't decisions, its up to the referee to decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Have you not noticed how referees always crumble under Barcelona's pressure?

And it may seem like I'm just condemning Barca here (because I have been) but I've also berated Madrid and other Spanish team too through out this thread, I just don't like Spanish Football. The reason I hate Barca a lot atm is just because of the extent to how much they dive and play act, it's more than any other team I've ever seen. It just gets on my nerves when the best team in the world needs to resort to these kind of tactics, or anyone for that matter. Adebayor getting sent off near the end =/= Pepe getting sent off that early.
    Well, Daniel Alves' yellow card in the 1st half was equally unjustified. I don't see how referees somehow favour Barcelona. In case you forgot, last year when they played Inter Milan at the Nou Camp, they had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled offside near the end of the game which would've put them through to the final.

Also, referees in the champions league tend to be much tougher in punishing tackles like the one Pepe made which would normally be treated leniently here in England. This is well noticed by pundits and commentators throughout the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    I'd wait for the moment to stamp on you in return and then get on with the game.
    I'd kick you again harder, complain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I completely disagree with taking turns, sounds bizarre now. So if Barcelona complained with passion you would say it was alright even though you seem to completely disagree with the premise? Remember your own players complain when they are right/wrong so why are Barcelona different? Just because we get tackled more than the average team or because of Mourinho's tactics of playing deep and rough?

By the way Xavi has accumulated 5 yellows in the league for purely complaining, there is no taking turns, the nearest players do it. Heck Victor the ditsy cow even comes out at times.

Look either you ban complaining completely or you agree with basic human instincts, i.e the right to complain to a refeere when something wrong has happened.
    Look I don't like people moaning to the ref, the system when only the captain went to the ref was good but unfortunately it broke down

But I don't like them taking turns to complain to the ref, if its the nearest players going to him every time then ok I accept its in the heat of the moment, even if its something I don't like, and hey I accept Rooney is a mouthy **** too

If they are taking turns though, then its pre planned, and its a tactic employed by Barcelona

If you don't believe me when I say they take turns then ok, but keep an eye out for it next week. I'd rather it was banned completely or only the captain could approach the ref, but what you gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I'd kick you again harder, complain?
    If the referee doesn't see it, he doesn't see it. A quick word in his ear will do. Not the whole team surrounding him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Well, Daniel Alves' yellow card in the 1st half was equally unjustified. I don't see how referees somehow favour Barcelona. In case you forgot, last year when they played Inter Milan at the Nou Camp, they had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled offside near the end of the game which would've put them through to the final.
    Infamous Busquets incident? I think those decisions evened themselves out in that game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    There were theatrics from the first whistle - irrelevent of the stamp. I take your point, but I think not booking fouls and booking non-fouls are just as bad as each other.

Something just needs to be done, because apart from some Messi magic, the game was quite frankly a joke from both sides. Do I expect Platini to do anything though? Not really - the man is utterly useless.

Can I just ask people though, do you think a Madrid player would have done the same if he was in Alves' position? I think so.
    I agree with you, however the tactics of Madrid would never allow the football to be played properly.

Just thank god that only Barcelona will face this type of football. Because no other team has such a negative set up against them with players that kick them at every opportunity in such a big game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Look I don't like people moaning to the ref, the system when only the captain went to the ref was good but unfortunately it broke down

But I don't like them taking turns to complain to the ref, if its the nearest players going to him every time then ok I accept its in the heat of the moment, even if its something I don't like, and hey I accept Rooney is a mouthy **** too

If they are taking turns though, then its pre planned, and its a tactic employed by Barcelona

If you don't believe me when I say they take turns then ok, but keep an eye out for it next week. I'd rather it was banned completely or only the captain could approach the ref, but what you gonna do?
    Problem is. The REF's are NOT in control of the game. Simple-as. Look at any other sport, and the officials have the final say, always. It's amazing really, you look at Rugby every player on the pitch could probably destroy the Ref, but theres never any argument - his decision is final.

ReputationRep:
    If the referee doesn't see it, he doesn't see it. A quick word in his ear will do. Not the whole team surrounding him.
    So know we are going from one guy complaining to several? Look if it is ok to complain then they are all by definition allowed to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Real)
    Problem is. The REF's are NOT in control of the game. Simple-as. Look at any other sport, and the officials have the final say, always. It's amazing really, you look at Rugby every player on the pitch could probably destroy the Ref, but theres never any argument - his decision is final.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    So know we are going from one guy complaining to several? Look if it is ok to complain then they are all by definition allowed to do so.
    I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm just saying a disagree with it and the way Barcelona go about it. This conversation is going nowhere to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Surley even in the event of the pre plan it is just premeditated so you don't get an 'unjust' yellow for simply protesting a call that would be 100% right? I mean it's like getting booked on purpose to miss a meaning less second leg but people don't complain about that do they?

I see where you are coming from but IMO either the rules should be 100% with regards to complaints otherwise you will get these situations.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm just saying a disagree with it and the way Barcelona go about it. This conversation is going nowhere to be honest.
    Sorry, you're absolutely right that's your opinion and of course you can have it. Just misunderstood you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)

Also, referees in the champions league tend to be much tougher in punishing tackles like the one Pepe made which would normally be treated leniently here in England. This is well noticed by pundits and commentators throughout the years.
    I don't care, by the end of the game Alves deserved a yellow after his theatrics, diving=yellow, shame these referees in Europe never seem to do it, surely they know full well that these two teams in particular love to take a tumble.

Lol you're clutching at straws by plucking out random incidents from a while ago, do you remember Barca v Chelsea? Or what about RvP getting sent off a few weeks ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee?
    If you have a genuine case there is no need, and it is disrespectful when he tells you to leave and they continue to do it.
    You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet?
    It's a derby, there are plenty of bad tackles either way, they make more as they have the ball less
    Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly.
    Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header
    That was a result of afters between the two earlier with Pedro's diving, and then pointing and pulling Marcelo's shirt. It wasn't good from Marcelo but it would have hard for the referee to send him off or act, it could have easily been accidental
    however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it?If it had been one or two, then no.
    Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.
    There is diving, there is looking for a the foul and going down easily, and there is faking injury. The diving and faking injury are what we saw most of tonight. No other team surrounds the referee so often and with such a team effort as Barca, which is annoying once but every tackle, even the keeper gets involved. How often did the Barca players get tackled and just accept it was a foul and take the free kick, there is always some kind of temporary injury. All from a team who are supposedly the best in the world, and pride themselves in playing football the right way. It's so hypocritical, and I know Madrid where hardly saints tonight, but they only play that way against Barca, they bowed out last year to Lyon in far better fashion. Barca, this match, Inter, Chelsea, its happened more than once.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.
    My thoughts anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    My thoughts anyway.
    Probably United in the final as well. And I can't see that going down to well if it's the case...

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:Why debate over something that's done and dusted, lets see what happens on Tuesday at Nou Camp.

Lets hope we see these talented teams perform and play 'beautiful' football instead of leaving it to Messi all the time. I doubt Real can recover from the two goal deficit however, it's not impossible considering the squad they've got. The lack of desire to make the most out of the pocession they have is Real's downfall, Barca will keep the ball until there's an opening and BAM Messi comes out of nowhere and boots the ball into the back of the net. Madrid just don't have that mentality, Ronaldo's a waste of space. 80 Million my ass, there's ton of better players than him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying he is in control of the game, no one could say the ref was in control of that cluster **** of a game tonight

(Original post by Barça)
    Surley even in the event of the pre plan it is just premeditated so you don't get an 'unjust' yellow for simply protesting a call that would be 100% right? I mean it's like getting booked on purpose to miss a meaning less second leg but people don't complain about that do they?

I see where you are coming from but IMO either the rules should be 100% with regards to complaints otherwise you will get these situations.
    I agree they should be 100% and consistent, I'm not arguing they shouldn't be, I mean my frustration with the whole thing is how this whole mess of complaining to referees is being exploited right now

You're right we do need solid rules on this sort of stuff, otherwise teams will use underhanded tactics to get in the refs head

ReputationRep:
    Probably United in the final as well. And I can't see that going down to well if it's the case...
    It the managers job to talk to the touchline officials, just as it is the captain to talk to the referee. That is part of the game.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.