Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    What a colossal set of complete cocks involved in that game. Absolutely no dignity, just cheat, dive and use underhand tactics throughout at every opportunity. Still football beat anti-football which was the only good to come out of this all.

ReputationRep:
    Ruined as a spectacle by pathetic cheating from both sides and ruined as a contest by a pathetic referee.

I think we'll have to put this second in 'how much the ref can help Barca go through in a CL Semi Final within the last 3 years'. He didn't quite have the same committment as the ref in the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge but probably did out-perform last years ref who sent Motta off.

It's a shame because they are the best team in the world and could probably win without the help of the refs and the cheating and diving, but any success is tainted playing as they do.

Barca DNA, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't watch the game but apparently there were some pathetic antics displayed by Barca - theatrics, rolling around like a player had been shot, etc. Same old story as far as Barca are concerned.

Things we've become accustomed to over the years with Barcelona sides. They are a ****ing despicable disgrace to football and I want them bum-raped in the second leg, which I can't see happening. Alves has always enjoyed rolling around on the floor, what a s**t Alves is. Pathetic human being.

Barca may well play good football but no-one can compete with their inherent ability to dive, cheat, harass referees, just generally being arses.

Football loses when/where Barca are involved. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    The blame can't all go to the referee and play acting, Mourinho has to shoulder some of it.

The Barca backline was there for the taking. I mean Puyol at left back and Mascherano at centre back?! He should have put out a much more attacking lineup and gone for it, like he did with Inter in the Meazza last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Have can you not see the difference between someone like the Mancs and Barca? One or two players maybe went down easy at United, nearly the whole Barca team goes down easy. Honestly, these arguments from the pro Barca lot that Gerrard/Rooney or whoever do it are weak, that's one player in there entire squad, the extent to which Spanish teams, especially Barca do it is embarrassing and I don't know how you can't see the difference.
    Equally, based on tonights game, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 3 barcelona players who dived or feigned injuries - with obvious cases being Alves and Pedro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    Equally, based on tonights game, I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 3 barcelona players who dived or feigned injuries - with obvious cases being Alves and Pedro.
    and busquets as pretty obvious as well.

but there were a lot more who did i recall messi, masherano and villa also being on the diving list for barca

and to those who said xavi was class, well according to him "it is clear to see for everyone that Pepe's dismissal was a correct to everyone"

if everyone is just the barcelona team and the referees then that statement is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    What's wrong with surrounding the referee? You guys are going into ethics now, sure if it is deemed wrong to surround the referee then players would get carded. Because it isn't any team is free to do so. I personally wouldn't do it myself however it's hardly an advantage when any other team can do so themselves, or is it just because Barcelona get tackled and stamped by Madrid every time we meet? Sure play-acting is wrong and pathetic but if we are honest here many of the fouls Madrid did today were dealt with justly. Pedro gets stamped by Marcelo in the box after his missed header however had some Barcelona players complained (not questioning intent here ) you guys would condemn it? Get real your own teams do it themselves. It may be deemed as ethically wrong by some of you but it's not cheating by any stretch of the imagination, play acting when not getting hit and diving is. That you can condemn.

No doubt I'll be bombarded by negs but please tell me why you guys are so up in arms when it is allowed to complain to the referee? Are Barcelona the only team that does so? Is there a reason why we do it more than others (play style)? Sensible answers please.
    To be honest, I am not a fan of Barca. They get a ton of praise rightly so. But they are beatable and were beaten by the crumble-mania that is Arsenal. Yeah, they then bummed them, but they lost a game. The way everyone talks is like they are some sort of gods. They have won the CL once in 5 years. This invincible team. United will probably be in their third final in 4 years, while it will only be probably Barca's second. But Barca are arse licked by all and sundry yet United are crap this season supposedly.
    So based on the abve, I will admit that I wanted Madrid to win tonight. And that I dislike Barca because of the way people treat them. However, the game tonight has completely justified my opinion. In England people complain when lets say 4 players probably go round the ref moaning. It was more like 7 or 8 tonight, especially IMO from Barca. The players also seem to think that fouls are only awarded when a player is injured. Im not sure where they learned the game, but most fouls do not result in injury. So it intrigues me as to why the players seem to feign injury for a simple trip. Now I am not saying that English players are saints. But for most simple fouls, they get fouled then either moan about a card or just get up and prepare for the FK. Very rarely do they lie on the floor acting injured while most of their team surrounds the ref.
    Oh and then theres the fact that Messi is somehow immune from punishment. He kicked the ball at fans last week yet recieved no sanction. Then tonight he may have got a yellow, but just gives the ref a thumbs up, the ref smiles and its like oh yeah its ok young lionel. Laughable.

Obviously, a top side, but with 11v11 thats a 0-0. Passed it round a lot but didnt create anything I can think of except one save from Xavi in the first half I think. I think the game tonight did a lot of damage to the reputation of spanish football in England, mainly because English people never get to see Barca vs Real on terrestrial TV, and it turned into a poor game with so many fouls, so much diving, a fight at half time and the ref constantly surrounded by players.

ReputationRep:
    When's the last time Ronaldo scored one of his ridiculous patented 'legs apart, deep breath' free kicks? Wasn't he once good at them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    I'm not talking just solely about tonight, I'm talking about there team in general, if you can't see how there is a big difference between them and the rare dives by Rooney/Gerrard and co, then I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    To be honest, I am not a fan of Barca. They get a ton of praise rightly so. But they are beatable and were beaten by the crumble-mania that is Arsenal. Yeah, they then bummed them, but they lost a game. The way everyone talks is like they are some sort of gods. They have won the CL once in 5 years. This invincible team. United will probably be in their third final in 4 years, while it will only be probably Barca's second. But Barca are arse licked by all and sundry yet United are crap this season supposedly.
    So based on the abve, I will admit that I wanted Madrid to win tonight. And that I dislike Barca because of the way people treat them. However, the game tonight has completely justified my opinion. In England people complain when lets say 4 players probably go round the ref moaning. It was more like 7 or 8 tonight, especially IMO from Barca. The players also seem to think that fouls are only awarded when a player is injured. Im not sure where they learned the game, but most fouls do not result in injury. So it intrigues me as to why the players seem to feign injury for a simple trip. Now I am not saying that English players are saints. But for most simple fouls, they get fouled then either moan about a card or just get up and prepare for the FK. Very rarely do they lie on the floor acting injured while most of their team surrounds the ref.
    Oh and then theres the fact that Messi is somehow immune from punishment. He kicked the ball at fans last week yet recieved no sanction. Then tonight he may have got a yellow, but just gives the ref a thumbs up, the ref smiles and its like oh yeah its ok young lionel. Laughable.

Obviously, a top side, but with 11v11 thats a 0-0. Passed it round a lot but didnt create anything I can think of except one save from Xavi in the first half I think. I think the game tonight did a lot of damage to the reputation of spanish football in England, mainly because English people never get to see Barca vs Real on terrestrial TV, and it turned into a poor game with so many fouls, so much diving, a fight at half time and the ref constantly surrounded by players.
    Again English bias... it's obvious that Barca are gonna get people arselicking them and it can be quite nauseating but it is derserved because they are the best team in the world. No knowledgable footballing person would dispute that. And of course every team is beatable nobody was saying they're not, though Arsenal were very, very lucky to beat them. But this team deserves props for what they can do on a football pitch, they get 60% plus possession against any team in the world, now that is incredible. Add the best footballer of our generation to that and they rightfully will have people admiring them.

Also this game is not representative of Barcelona or the Spanish league in general. Of course this sort of stuff happens happens more often there but this game had too much drama and hype before it that it turned nasty (remember the Man U v Arsenal game a few years back ? **** happens when there's so much tension before a big game). If anyone has watched any of the other classico's they'd see how Real had gone about the game and how many disgusting fouls had been done (i.e. the 5-0). Now Barca don't have players to do that so in a heated game the divings and such are the only way they can go about such a game. Admittedly its pretty awful to watch but people are seriously jumping on the "lets hate La Liga" bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    When's the last time Ronaldo scored one of his ridiculous patented 'legs apart, deep breath' free kicks? Wasn't he once good at them?
    my thoughts exactly. he's always sucked at them, even when he was at Old Trafford. I only remember him scoring 1.. maybe 2 at a stretch.. As much I as I admire Ronnie, those FKs arent working.

He better find his feet and pull of some messi style **** next leg, otherwise I'm even closer to losing money..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    my thoughts exactly. he's always sucked at them, even when he was at Old Trafford. I only remember him scoring 1.. maybe 2 at a stretch.. As much I as I admire Ronnie, those FKs arent working.

He better find his feet and pull of some messi style **** next leg, otherwise I'm even closer to losing money..
    He scored around 15 free kicks I think at United.

Ronaldo is loosing it I feel. Shame because he's one of my favourite players. And he always gets a bad treatment at Camp Nou, so it's unlikely he'll do much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    Again English bias... it's obvious that Barca are gonna get people arselicking them and it can be quite nauseating but it is derserved because they are the best team in the world. No knowledgable footballing person would dispute that.
    It depends entirly on the style of play you enjoy watching. I don't enjoy watching Barcelona play the majority of the time; their style of play is to "safe" for me to enjoy watching them, if there's any risk of them loosing possession they pass back, and then around again to create space - it works well for them, but that doesn't mean they're "the best" because they play a particular brand of football. I actually prefer to watch Arsenal or Manchester Utd [though I'm not a huge fan of either side] if only because the way they play is much more direct, and thus more enjoyable to watch.

The way you engage in hyperbole whilst claiming it as fact is rather confusing...

And of course every team is beatable nobody was saying they're not, though Arsenal were very, very lucky to beat them.
    They were? In what way? Arsenal took their chances, Barcelona didn't - that's football. If you want I could argue that any team was unlucky to concede any goal through such hyperbole.

But this team deserves props for what they can do on a football pitch, they get 60% plus possession against any team in the world, now that is incredible.
    That depends what they do with that possession. Tonight was embarrassing. They had something like 71% possession at one point and had only a single half chance during that spell. Possession stats tell nothing about he quality of attacking play, only that a team can pass the ball across a line...

Add the best footballer of our generation to that and they rightfully will have people admiring them.
    True.

Also this game is not representative of Barcelona or the Spanish league in general.
    You're right, one team didn't complete dominate every chance and the defending [bar Messi's second goal in which every Madrid player pulled out of their tackle] wasn't completely terrible...the cheating on the other hand is very representative of the Spanish style of football - its happened to many times over the years to be attributed to a single team; in the big matches Barcelona/Real Madrid dive and cheat - moreso than any other team at this level, and that's just unacceptable - especially for such a great side.

Of course this sort of stuff happens happens more often there but this game had too much drama and hype before it that it turned nasty (remember the Man U v Arsenal game a few years back ? **** happens when there's so much tension before a big game).
    Pretending to be hit in the face when there wasn't even any contact does not occur due to the tension of the game; it occurs because a team is purposely trying to get players sent off. Barcelona did this, very clearly, twice.

If anyone has watched any of the other classico's they'd see how Real had gone about the game and how many disgusting fouls had been done (i.e. the 5-0). Now Barca don't have players to do that so in a heated game the divings and such are the only way they can go about such a game.
    Are you trying to defend that horrific spectacle? Both team were awful, but to defend diving, waving invisible cards, charging at the referee, faking injuries and clutching at your face when there has been minimal to no contact goes against the very nature of football...

Admittedly its pretty awful to watch but people are seriously jumping on the "lets hate La Liga" bandwagon.
    I didn't see the same level of gamesmanship during the Chelsea vs Manchester Utd matches combined...the level of cheating was intense, and both sides were so open about their intent [Madrid not to try and play - at home!, Barcelona to cheat and get a player sent off to open up the game] that the league these players occupy deserves to be mocked for encouraging such culture...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    He scored around 15 free kicks I think at United.

Ronaldo is loosing it I feel. Shame because he's one of my favourite players. And he always gets a bad treatment at Camp Nou, so it's unlikely he'll do much.
    he's scored 42 goals this season
    and the 42nd was the winner in the cup final against Barcelona a week ago

people have absurdly short memories these days

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    They have won the CL once in 5 years.
    Barca have won it twice in 5 years fyi.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, what a feisty affair! The over-dramatics of the Spanish teams is quite horrifying and makes me glad it doesn't happen on a regular basis in England. Absolutely shocking atmosphere for a referee to do his job, not surprised if he buckles under the pressure and gives incorrect decisions. Mourinho has been too cautious, it just seems he's parking the bus in front of the goal and hoping to score on the counterattack when he actually has players at his disposal who could inflict some damage (well, try to) on Barcelona.

(Original post by mermania)
    he's scored 42 goals this season
    and the 42nd was the winner in the cup final against Barcelona a week ago

people have absurdly short memories these days

:lolwut:
    Over shadowed by 52 goals tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    the cheating on the other hand is very representative of the Spanish style of football
    What a retarded thing to say. Every team and league has their divers. Its no worse in Spain than it is in any other league. It was only highlighted tonight because it was such a big game that was incredibly close. Combine that with several hot-headed players and just how much pressure was on them and it was always going to be a horrible game to watch.

Im not defending Alves', Pedro's and to a lesser extent Busquets' actions, but you see the same sort of stuff week in week out all over the world.

Its a shame really because you have these massive rugby layers calling the ref sir, then you have these dumbass footballers rolling around and diving. Football could be so much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Over shadowed by 52 goals tbh.
    yeah, Messi is better obviously.
    that does not mean Ronaldo is bad or "losing it."

people are too mental and kneejerk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    What a retarded thing to say. Every team and league has their divers. Its no worse in Spain than it is in any other league.
    That's just inaccurate; the style of play is ingrained into that game moreso than in other countries [of course it's starting to appear everywhere]. Or have you already forgotten last years Inter Milan sending off?

It was only highlighted tonight because it was such a big game that was incredibly close. Combine that with several hot-headed players and just how much pressure was on them and it was always going to be a horrible game to watch.
    That's no excuse for some of the behavior that occurred; as stated previously no other team, in my recent memory, has gone down claiming more fake injuries than Barcelona tonight...it was their gameplan.

Im not defending Alves', Pedro's and to a lesser extent Busquets' actions, but you see the same sort of stuff week in week out all over the world.
    Not as many incidents in such a short period of time; and its never been so blatantly the tactical decision of both sides to attempt it.

Its a shame really because you have these massive rugby layers calling the ref sir, then you have these dumbass footballers rolling around and diving. Football could be so much better.
    Football is lost in terms of respecting the referee because of its weak governing bodies. The "respect the referee" campaign is a complete joke, not the message, but the way its been executed. Add in over-payed, over-rated footballers who know arguing with the referee gives them an advantage in the long run and you have the laughable state of the modern game.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.