Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed Casillas doing it too, but not as badly as Valdes. I watch other La Liga matches, a lot of cheating going on there too. I guess the outrage of this is because, as someone said, these games aren't normally shown on the non-sky TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    This
    -------------------
    Also

Read:
    Pepe red sealed their fate, but Real Madrid and Jose Mourinho went too far with their negativity and ill-discipline

Live by the sword, die by the sword – Jose Mourinho has always been the master of mind games, but this time he was beaten at his own game
    --------------

Pep tactically outsmarted Mourinho last night. As the ITV pundits clearly pointed out, Messi wasn't playing as a front 3, but as a fourth midfielder. Villa for the first time played out wide during the whole match and the same goes for Pedro, which meant Albiol & Ramos had no man to mark. In defence it was 4 Barca vs 3 Madrid players, while in midfield it was also 4 Barca vs 3 Madrid players. This meant that Di Maria, Ronaldo, Oezil & Alonso had little or no possession of the ball and this was evident from the 1st minute where Barca dominated these 2 areas with ease(with or without Pepe). As a result, Oezil had no contribution in the 1st half and Mourinho was forced to sub him and bring on Adebayor at half time. The impact Adebayor brought into the 2nd half was shown in the first 10 minutes, where Madrid kept the ball better in that time than they did in the entire 1st half.

Is there any conincidence that all Barca vs Mourinho games are ending like this? The tactics used by Mourinho against Barca has been same and this is what Pep has found out in the last two meetings especially. And when Mourinho's plan is not working, the games ends with fights and controversial moments.
    Inter vs Barca(San Siro), same tactics, while attacking with alot of intent. 3-1
    Barca vs Inter(Nou Camp), same tactics, with no intent on going forward. 1-0
    Barca vs Madrid(Nou Camp), same tactics, with some attacking threat. 5-0
    Madrid vs Barca(Bernabeu), same tactics, with minimum attacking. 1-1
    Barca vs Madrid(Mestalla), same tactics, while attacking with more intent. 0-1
    Madrid vs Barca (Bernabeu), same tactics, with little attacking. 0-2

Mourinho has used the same defensive approach Pep in every meetings and Pep has finally outsmarted him. That is my view.
    ----------------

I still agree with the fact that Alves(twice), Busquets(twice), Pedro(once) dived or did some playacting but Marcelo and Di Maria did the same! The fact that Pepe's red is getting all the headlines, we shouldn't forget that Marcelo and Adebayor could have got red themselves.
    Tactically outclassed Mourinho and outsmarted him? Get real. It was only after the sending off that you guys managed score, unless it's Guardiola's tactics for his players to roll around like *****es, then no, Mourinho did not get tactically outdone. And I don't know if you remember but before the sending off Real Madrid were having there best possession in your half and with Adebayor on looked a lot more better offensively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Barca have won it twice in 5 years fyi.
    07 Milan
    08 United
    09 Barca
    10 Inter
    11 Nobody yet. I was counting this year as the 5th year. But yes obviously they won it in 06, but that was a while ago and I meant current teams, even though theirs has only chnaged a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Lol even I thought there was some contact with his feet but after looking at videos it is pretty obvious that Pepe gets to the ball and his leg has no contact with Alves's leg, yet Alves manages to get so hurt that he needs a stretcher :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    07 Milan
    08 United
    09 Barca
    10 Inter
    11 Nobody yet. I was counting this year as the 5th year. But yes obviously they won it in 06, but that was a while ago and I meant current teams, even though theirs has only chnaged a bit.
    Fair enough, I was going off 06-10 seeing as this years hasnt finished yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Tactically outclassed Mourinho and outsmarted him? Get real. It was only after the sending off that you guys managed score, unless it's Guardiola's tactics for his players to roll around like *****es, then no, Mourinho did not get tactically outdone. And I don't know if you remember but before the sending off Real Madrid were having there best possession in your half and with Adebayor on looked a lot more better offensively.
    If you have read what I posted, I did mention that point. I feel he did get outsmarted(clearly evident in the 1st half) but you're entitled to your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    If you have read what I posted, I did mention that point. I feel he did get outsmarted(clearly evident in the 1st half) but you're entitled to your opinion.
    WHAT? If anything the first half showed he didn't get outsmarted as Barca didn't score, and by now everyone knows it's Mourinho's tactics against Barca to try and not concede early and then go for it a bit more in the second half. Your logic baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    WHAT? If anything the first half showed he didn't get outsmarted as Barca didn't score, and by now everyone knows it's Mourinho's tactics against Barca to try and not concede early and then go for it a bit more in the second half. Your logic baffles me.
    To get outsmarted tactically, you don't need a goal. More often than not, anyone who plays Barca gets tired out physically in the 2nd half and to say Madrid will attack more is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Well did Adebayor not come out in the second half and did they not have the ball in your half a lot more than the first :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Well did Adebayor not come out in the second half and did they not have the ball in your half a lot more than the first :rolleyes:
    :ditto:

Yes Madrid did have more of the ball in the second half till the sending off and I was sitting there thinking Madrid would get a goal, but I'm surprised at the antics of Barca tbh I would have loved to see a 11 v 11 game but I guess typical Barca getting players sent off, begging the referee to give a kid, Valdes running out of goal every time something happened on the pitch, they were moaning like *****es when it got a bit rough/physical on the pitch, they might play lovely football but you can't always play ground football and you can't always have possession and have the ball at your feet. Tbh Barca didn't have a clue till Pepe got sent off during the second half and I must say Mourinho's men lost but they did step up till the sending off, its a pity we didn't get to see a proper match and I must say some ****ty refereeing from the German ref.

It would have been nice to see Madrid win, but I guess the whole game changed after the sending off, it kind of reminded me when Leahman got sent off for Arsenal in the CL final a few years ago, changed the whole game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    The reason why the games are boring is because Mourinho plays such negative football, since when are games with a team parking the bus exciting? The reason why this doesn't happen in England is because Barcelona quite frankly are superior than any other team in the world and everytime a big team plays against us bar Arsenal they play defensively. You name it, Inter, Chelsea, United etc all play this way and the games are boring as a result. You'll never see a United and Arsenal game being played like this, why because Barcelona's possession ability is on another level to any other team so there is no point in competing outright otherwise you run the risk of getting hammered.
    Yes ok but still, the game was being played at walking pace. There was a point in the 1st half which summed it up. A quite ridiculous incident where Villa had the ball around the edge of the box but randomly decided to launch it back to the centreback in such a casual manner. The point is Spanish football is still very boring ... noone wants to see Barcelona play 100 triangle passes a game alone, between Xavi and the 2 centrebacks. Boring! Also there's no variety in the game ... no crosses and few shots ... no excitement. As someone else said earlier it was like watching a game of chess. I would describe it as watching paint dry. Tiki Taka just gets boring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    The game and result is irrelevent to me because Barca are now through.

I just hope this debacle gives people a wake up call as to the kind of direction football is heading in. It must change. Firstly, Platini must get out at all costs, the guy is clueless and bias.

If the Spanish like their football that way - fine by me. Just don't expect me to watch La Liga with this level of idiocy going on. However, when you bring your philosophy of football and use it to start poisoning UEFA and FIFA competitions - that I cannot stand.

Edit: Anyone remember when El Classico was a great advert for football? Now it's a joke.

ReputationRep:

That's just class.

ReputationRep:
    Here in England, some people still won't realise how tiki-taka should be played. Barca made the game into walking pace in the 1st half because they feel more comfortable when played in that manner. It is obvious English fans won't appreciate that style because of the contrast in style compared to PL.

(Original post by Skill)
    Yes ok but still, the game was being played at walking pace. There was a point in the 1st half which summed it up. A quite ridiculous incident where Villa had the ball around the edge of the box but randomly decided to launch it back to the centreback in such a casual manner. The point is Spanish football is still very boring ... noone wants to see Barcelona play 100 triangle passes a game alone, between Xavi and the 2 centrebacks. Boring! Also there's no variety in the game ... no crosses and few shots ... no excitement. As someone else said earlier it was like watching a game of chess. I would describe it as watching paint dry. Tiki Taka just gets boring after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)

That's just class.
    Alot better than his goal last night. People go way OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Here in England, some people still won't realise how tiki-taka should be played. Barca made the game into walking pace in the 1st half because they feel more comfortable when played in that manner. It is obvious English fans won't appreciate that style because of the contrast in style compared to PL.

Why are you trying to sound clever?? Do you think you're Pep Guardiola? No. Spanish football is dry and boring. It's not abuot appreciating or not appreciating their football. It's just not exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Alot better than his goal last night. People go way OTT.
    Hopefully the second leg will be a classic!

In all honesty, I want the final to be Schalke 04 vs Real Madrid with Schalke to win 1-0 courtesy of a Raul goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Why are you trying to sound clever?? Do you think you're Pep Guardiola? No. Spanish football is dry and boring. It's not abuot appreciating or not appreciating their football. It's just not exciting.
    No

I rather not comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    It depends entirly on the style of play you enjoy watching. I don't enjoy watching Barcelona play the majority of the time; their style of play is to "safe" for me to enjoy watching them, if there's any risk of them loosing possession they pass back, and then around again to create space - it works well for them, but that doesn't mean they're "the best" because they play a particular brand of football. I actually prefer to watch Arsenal or Manchester Utd [though I'm not a huge fan of either side] if only because the way they play is much more direct, and thus more enjoyable to watch.
    You are allowed to have an opinion on their style of football but what you have to realise is that this is how they have to play in this particular game. You have to put things into context, Barca are away from home against a team that has no intention of playing football against them and who will have 11 men behind the ball. Now this is not wholly representative of Barca's play and you're a retard for thinkling so. If it was at the Nou Camp and Real were brave enough to actually attack them it would be a completely different game, i.e. Man U vs Barca final.

They were? In what way? Arsenal took their chances, Barcelona didn't - that's football. If you want I could argue that any team was unlucky to concede any goal through such hyperbole.
    Sigh, well get ready to never dispute a football game then because Arsenal were dominated in every single way.

That depends what they do with that possession. Tonight was embarrassing. They had something like 71% possession at one point and had only a single half chance during that spell. Possession stats tell nothing about he quality of attacking play, only that a team can pass the ball across a line...
    Again put the game into context, what team would go out and attack Real knowing they have one of if not the best counter attacking teams in the world ?

You're right, one team didn't complete dominate every chance and the defending [bar Messi's second goal in which every Madrid player pulled out of their tackle] wasn't completely terrible...the cheating on the other hand is very representative of the Spanish style of football - its happened to many times over the years to be attributed to a single team; in the big matches Barcelona/Real Madrid dive and cheat - moreso than any other team at this level, and that's just unacceptable - especially for such a great side.
    I've watched every single game of Barca in the last 2 years and I can guarantee you that this is not the kind of tactics they employ weakly, really only against Mourinho's Real. Why ? Because they do not come to Barca to play football, they come to kick them off the park and having 11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes praying one counter attack will come their way. The same will not happen against Man U, unless Man U decide to play in a similar way.

Pretending to be hit in the face when there wasn't even any contact does not occur due to the tension of the game; it occurs because a team is purposely trying to get players sent off. Barcelona did this, very clearly, twice.
    Are you trying to defend that horrific spectacle? Both team were awful, but to defend diving, waving invisible cards, charging at the referee, faking injuries and clutching at your face when there has been minimal to no contact goes against the very nature of football...
    Hold the press, modern footballers pretend to be injured to gain an advantage, happens all the time. Getting hit in the face when there wasn't contact does happen when there is tension in a game though, especially for a team of probably an average height of 5'9" who can't cope with that sort of game. And yes I am defending them a bit because teams come to Barca to rile them up and to intentionally foul them and so many times Barca do nothing, yet this one game were Barca were probably the ones mostly in the wrong and then they get labelled the cheats. Busquets and D. Alves are ****ing awful for diving and cheating but the rest of the team don;t really do this on a regular basis. Definately not moreso than Real.

I didn't see the same level of gamesmanship during the Chelsea vs Manchester Utd matches combined...the level of cheating was intense, and both sides were so open about their intent [Madrid not to try and play - at home!, Barcelona to cheat and get a player sent off to open up the game] that the league these players occupy deserves to be mocked for encouraging such culture...
    You remember the Man U vs Arsenal game were Van Nistelrooy missed the penalty and Keown and Parlour confronted him for trying to get Viera sent off ? Yeah, that game was probably just as bad for cheating, and many other one off bad showings have happened in the Prem yet you've turn a blinded eye and jump on the "lets hate La Liga" bandwagon when the same happens there. Weak. And you're a moron for thinking this level of cheating is common in La Liga.

ReputationRep:

LOL.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.