Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    You are allowed to have an opinion on their style of football but what you have to ....
    To be honest I don't really care about La Liga I don't think it's boring and what not.

But, I have a massive problem with people saying Barca played beautiful football and Real Madrid played anti-football.

That's just so wrong.

Real Madrid had a game-plan and it was working. Real Madrid, wanted to contain Barca, stop them from scoring and maybe nick a goal, a tactic that worked in the Copa del Rey. Madrid were playing well, in terms of their game plan, Barcelona for all their possession were doing absolutely nothing, and Madrid were coming into the game before Pepe was sent off, they looked like they might nick a goal. As far as I'm concerned Madrid's tactics, even though it was boring to watch, were good for them and well executed, Barcelona were doing nothing. Why bother playing open football against Barca when you know you will get slaughtered?

Barca however, beautiful football? Diving, moaning, complaining in packs at every instance, crying at every opportunity. Is that beautiful football? I like to watch Barcelona, but they were a joke, it was pathetic. There was nothing beautiful about their game, they did nothing. They didn't deserve to win, because Madrid's game was working, they could only win because they played against 10 men. as soon as it was 10 men the game changed completely in Barca's favour because of the extra space. Nothing special about their performance, as far as I'm concerned they cheated, and I really do like watching Barca in La Liga.

To be honest I don't even think there is contact here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqztnTSPavk

Even if there is, it is minimal, a slight brush of the foot on his shin, not with the studs. No way is it a red card, it's not even a booking, I personally don't think he touched him so it's not even a fpoul. He went off on a stretcher!!!!! That's ridiculous and embarassing. The whole team, squad, and staff started moaning at the ref and got him sent off.

I'm glad Mourinho said what he said, I don't like Jose, but everything he said was true and loads of people have been thinking it. I would be a sore loser too and very bitter if I had been done over like that. So what Madrid had a boring game plan, so that means Barca are allowed to resort to pathetic crybaby tactics because they play nicer football, and suddenly they're majestic because they played nice against 10 men. What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    You remember the Man U vs Arsenal game were Van Nistelrooy missed the penalty and Keown and Parlour confronted him for trying to get Viera sent off ? Yeah, that game was probably just as bad for cheating, and many other one off bad showings have happened in the Prem yet you've turn a blinded eye and jump on the "lets hate La Liga" bandwagon when the same happens there. Weak. And you're a moron for thinking this level of cheating is common in La Liga.
    There is a difference. Arsenal were punished for that. Barca never get punished for these things - they hide behind their "beautiful football" gimmick and always claim the moral high ground. They continue to do these things - probably because of their influence in UEFA and Platini's uselessness. I mean, look at Messi. Could easily have been carded last night but a little word and thumbs up at the ref is all it takes, and remember when he kicked the ball into the Madrid fans at the Copa del Rey final? Would have been a media uproar if Ronaldo had done the same - but Messi can get away with anything it seems.

And what do you mean, "one off"? Happend against Copenhagen, Shaktar, Arsenal, Inter last year, Madrid this year and probably nearly every game in the CL just I havn't watched them all.

But that's the problem. No punishment - as long as Platini sees them win the CL I don't think he will care how they do it.

Edit: were Barca punished for turning on the sprinklers when Inter beat them last year?

ReputationRep:
    You are allowed to have an opinion on their style of football but what you have to realise is that this is how they have to play in this particular game. You have to put things into context, Barca are away from home against a team that has no intention of playing football against them and who will have 11 men behind the ball. Now this is not wholly representative of Barca's play and you're a retard for thinkling so. If it was at the Nou Camp and Real were brave enough to actually attack them it would be a completely different game, i.e. Man U vs Barca final.
    Ok, this is getting annoying now, both yourself and the other person have claimed I am "retarded" for thinking in a certain way and yet you can't actually explain why that is. Both of you have failed to grasp the basic point; which is that Barcelona's football is not great to watch, it's simply dominant. To argue also, that this is not representative of Barcelona's play when they are forced to play big sides is also ridiculous; this is the third time in recent years they have blatantly cheated - Vs Chelsea, vs. Inter Milan and now vs. Real Madrid.

When they play big clubs, they cheat - that's your evidence, in all three of those matches an opposition player was sent off for challenges that, after the game it was near universally agreed shouldn't have been sending offs.

As for your "retarded' point that "it would have been a different game" if they attacked...well I keep hearing this and it just seems to be an opinion that stems from those that don't understand the game. If you attack Barcelona openly you will loose badly. Arsenal tried it and both times were beaten, Real Madrid tried it earlier in the season and were easily beaten - it's tactically naive and moronic to play in that style against Barcelona, and only a biased fool or someone with little tactical knowledge would argue teams should do so...

Sigh, well get ready to never dispute a football game then because Arsenal were dominated in every single way.
    You mean in that match that Arsenal won? In that match where Barcelona passed the ball around their back four and attempted quick through balls, got caught offside due to Arsenals high defense and conceded two well taken counter-attacks?

You're deluded.

Again put the game into context, what team would go out and attack Real knowing they have one of if not the best counter attacking teams in the world ?
    I love this point - earlier you were insulting Madrid for not attacking, but here you beleive it's acceptable for Barcelona to do the same? Are you by any chance a Barcelona fan?

I've watched every single game of Barca in the last 2 years
    On Sky Sports from another country - what a "fan" you are...

and I can guarantee you that this is not the kind of tactics they employ
    After the comments you've produced in this post, your hypocritical stance on tactics and your delusions regarding Barcelona's style of play any guarantee you give me about football is defiantly ignored...

weakly, really only against Mourinho's Real. Why ? Because they do not come to Barca to play football, they come to kick them off the park and having 11 men behind the ball for 89 minutes praying one counter attack will come their way.
    Yeah, that's justification for some of the worst cheating ever witnessed in such a high profile game...

Hold the press, modern footballers pretend to be injured to gain an advantage, happens all the time.
    To sink as low as Barcelona did, to most teams, would be unthinkable.

Getting hit in the face when there wasn't contact does happen when there is tension in a game though
    Is this a joke or are you really so moronic? How can you get "hit in the face" when there is no contact? If you're trying [and failing because your linguistic skills are poor] to claim cheating is prevalent in these matches then you're correct, but again not to the degree seen last night.

, especially for a team of probably an average height of 5'9" who can't cope with that sort of game.
    So you're actually advocating cheating here. Huh, classy.

And yes I am defending them a bit because teams come to Barca to rile them up and to intentionally foul them and so many times Barca do nothing, yet this one game were Barca were probably the ones mostly in the wrong and then they get labelled the cheats.
    Well yeah, they're labelled the cheats because, by your own definition "they were the ones mostly in the wrong". Their entire gameplan was based around getting another player sent off - that's terrible - and in such a high profile game.

Busquets and D. Alves are ****ing awful for diving and cheating but the rest of the team don;t really do this on a regular basis. Definately not moreso than Real.
    Well Real Madrid are the worst high profile CL team when it comes to cheating and Barcelona are the second - what's the difference? My point still stands; that these two teams were pathetic in their actions.

You remember the Man U vs Arsenal game were Van Nistelrooy missed the penalty and Keown and Parlour confronted him for trying to get Viera sent off ?
    I do. That was a good game of football, and an entertaining spectacle - with players getting angry due to a single dive by a player. It certainly wasn't Manchester United's entire gameplan to get Viera sent off, nor was it Arsenal's plan to intimidate United; it worked that way due to the game.

Last night was different because it was obviously the teams plans to cheat in the manner they did.

Yeah, that game was probably just as bad for cheating,
    I don't recall Van Nistelrooy being stretched off then running back on the pitch a minute later...because he'd have been slated by the press if he'd done that.

and many other one off bad showings have happened in the Prem
    Please name a high profile game in the Prem [and the sad thing is you're reffering to the Premiership when this occured in the European cup - certainly a competition in which no English team has acted as pathetically as Barcelona and Madrid did last night] in which the match was as boring as last nights, and had as much cheating in it.

You wouldn't be able to name one [well not unless you went looking for serious hyperbole, as you tried with the Man Utd - Arsenal game] because it doesn't happen.

yet you've turn a blinded eye and jump on the "lets hate La Liga" bandwagon when the same happens there. Weak.
    La Liga is slowly becoming the Scottish Premier league; two big teams [whom have terrible matches when they play each other] with all the money and influence dominating poorer teams. I don't see how anybody, especially after that last match, couldn't hate what La Liga has become...

Nice try - but you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell. What's with all the ridiculously long posts :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    To get outsmarted tactically, you don't need a goal. More often than not, anyone who plays Barca gets tired out physically in the 2nd half and to say Madrid will attack more is pathetic.
    So you're trying to legitimately argue the guy was "outsmarted tactically" because Barcelona didn't score but the Madrid team "might" get tired physically [despite that same tactic working in the last match the two teams played]. That's complete nonsense.

If anything Mourinho was outsmarted because the Barcelona players were better at cheating than the Madrid players; when the game was 11 vs 11 neither side had any great chances; which was exactly how Madrid wanted it. Your arguments are based on massive assumptions about how things would have gone, rather than the evidence of the previous 60-odd minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Alot better than his goal last night. People go way OTT.
    That was a goal against some rubbish spanish team. Yesterdays goal was against madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    That was a goal against some rubbish spanish team. Yesterdays goal was against madrid.
    So what's the difference ?

The goal against the "rubbish Spanish team" was a better goal simply because he actually had to avoid legitimate challenges, and he ran much further with the ball from a less advantageous position - his goal last night was more due to Madrid players terrified of him diving or getting them sent off. If you actually watch the goal you'll notice every single one of them backed out of the challenge, and left it for the next player. The initial pass to him also took out two of the players people are claiming he beat simply due to lack of organization in the Madrid line up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    Ok, this is getting annoying now, both yourself and the other person have claimed I am "retarded" for thinking in a certain way and yet you can't actually explain why that is. Both of you have failed to grasp the basic point; which is that Barcelona's football is not great to watch, it's simply dominant. To argue also, that this is not representative of Barcelona's play when they are forced to play big sides is also ridiculous; this is the third time in recent years they have blatantly cheated - Vs Chelsea, vs. Inter Milan and now vs. Real Madrid.

When they play big clubs, they cheat - that's your evidence, in all three of those matches an opposition player was sent off for challenges that, after the game it was near universally agreed shouldn't have been sending offs.

As for your "retarded' point that "it would have been a different game" if they attacked...well I keep hearing this and it just seems to be an opinion that stems from those that don't understand the game. If you attack Barcelona openly you will loose badly. Arsenal tried it and both times were beaten, Real Madrid tried it earlier in the season and were easily beaten - it's tactically naive and moronic to play in that style against Barcelona, and only a biased fool or someone with little tactical knowledge would argue teams should do so...
    I'm not arguing that thet are or aren't boring to watch, all I'm saying is that they are forced to play this style of football by a team who don't want to play football. Maybe you should re-read my post ?

They haven't cheated against those 3 big games though, ok I will agree that yesterdays game was awful, but you're clutching at straws tryin to compare the other games to this. Things went their way in the other 2 games but that was at the fault of the ref not Barca, they didn'y cheat excessively or complain to the ref excessively. So invalid point.

I am well aware that they would get destroyed by Barca if they attacked them because like I said they are the best team in the world. But what they could do less of is the whole bullying tactics (less so yesterday but its evident they do this) and actually employ a plan b other than defen, defend, defend. So is it Barca's fault if they play a little boring because other teams play so negatively against them ?

You mean in that match that Arsenal won? In that match where Barcelona passed the ball around their back four and attempted quick through balls, got caught offside due to Arsenals high defense and conceded two well taken counter-attacks?

You're deluded.
    I'm not even gonna bother...

I love this point - earlier you were insulting Madrid for not attacking, but here you beleive it's acceptable for Barcelona to do the same? Are you by any chance a Barcelona fan?
    Ah, its the context of the game though, Barca are AWAY you cannot expect them to be attacking plus Real are not there to play football. So a valid point imo. And no I'm not a Barca fan just find it hilarious the sudden hatred of Barca based on one game.

On Sky Sports from another country - what a "fan" you are...
    Never claimed to be one just showing that you're misguided views of Barca based on this one game is not representative of their play.

After the comments you've produced in this post, your hypocritical stance on tactics and your delusions regarding Barcelona's style of play any guarantee you give me about football is defiantly ignored...
    LOL what hypocritcal stance ? I never claimed teams should attack them just that if teams play ultra-defensively against them away they should expect a boring game. Please name these delusions ?

Is this a joke or are you really so moronic? How can you get "hit in the face" when there is no contact? If you're trying [and failing because your linguistic skills are poor] to claim cheating is prevalent in these matches then you\re correct, but again not to the degree seen last night.
    Ouch hit me where it hurts, my linguistic skills on a quickly written response on an Iphone. Ouch. But FFS I have seen the whole hit in the face stuff in the Prem man y times. But ok, it only happens in Barca... (you do realise that I admitted this game was awful ? But what you fail to notice is that its not something that happens often)

Well yeah, they're labelled the cheats because, by your own definition "they were the ones mostly in the wrong". Their entire gameplan was based around getting another player sent off - that's terrible - and in such a high profile game..
    True, in this one game. Because they knew from past experiences exactly how Mourinho would approach the game.

Well Real Madrid are the worst high profile CL team when it comes to cheating and Barcelona are the second - what's the difference? My point still stands; that these two teams were pathetic in their actions.
    My point was that Barca usually aren't that bad. Where they cheating in the CL final against Man U ? No. Same with the games against Chelsea, Arsenal etc. ONE ****ING GAME.

Please name a high profile game in the Prem [and the sad thing is you're reffering to the Premiership when this occured in the European cup - certainly a competition in which no English team has acted as pathetically as Barcelona and Madrid did last night] in which the match was as boring as last nights, and had as much cheating in it.

You wouldn't be able to name one [well not unless you went looking for serious hyperbole, as you tried with the Man Utd - Arsenal game] because it doesn't happen.
    The Arsenal vs Man U game was mostly a different type of cheating. Unecessary fouls etc. but just as bad nonetheless. But I guess you'll say the diving and stuff is worse and it is pathetic but bringing it back to he only real point that I'm trying to make here, BARCA DO NO DO THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS, THEY DO NOT DO THIS IN THE HIGH PROFILE GAMES THAT YOU CLAIM THEY DO. Yesterday was a terrible display of football but you're making it seem as if they do this all the time and blaming bad referring on them.

Yep, I'm a moron because I explain my points with evidence and reasoning whilst you engage in hyperbole; if you choose to supply any evidence at all..
    Evidence ? lol whatever you say. The only major point I was trying to make is that this is not something that Barca usually do, big games or not. And the way they went about their football is because of the fact they're away and Real were not bold enough to try something different towards the end of the game. Also it is one game, yet you're making it out as if they do this all the time, which they don;t.

I understand why you don't like Barca, I'm startin to not like them as much I used to. But you cannot say they cheat like this usually, in fact the majority of games they don;t cheat at all. LOL this might well come out like ****, try replying on an Iphone.

ReputationRep:
    Lets get this straight Resonance/pg.
    The referee gave those decisions against chelsea, inter and arsenal. Not barca.
    Chelsea would have gone though if ballack hadn't tried to pull the refs pants down after he didn't give the penalty and concentrated on surviving the barca surge forward. Chelsea would have also gone through if essien didn't try karate kicking the air instead of clearing the ball calmly. Go and watch a replay if you need your memory jogging.

Inter parked the bus and won - horrible football, don't even know why people bother mentioning the red card it didn't affect the result.

Arsenal didn't have a shot (not even ON TARGET) even before the red card. End of.

Real DID play anti football. The most basic definition of football is a game where one team attempts to beat the other by scoring goals, this was not what real set out to do, much like mancini's city. A nasty italian tactic morhinio developed in his inter days.

Barcalona do not hide behind ANY gimmick. Your just deluded into thinking this by a combination of media and commentators. Oh and this messi not getting carded nonsense? None of his tackles were high, he was looking at the ball when he accidently charged into whoever it was and YES apologising afterwards after recognising a bad tackle SHOULD mean recieving a card is less likely because giving out cards is meant to be as a last resort or a particularly bad tackle/series of tackles.

And you don't know that ronaldo would recieve the same treatment or not. NO ONE DOES. Each decision is made individually and is not based on teams. Media uproar? The media hate Ronaldo since when? There hasn't been much negativity about ronaldos game in the english press since he was at united when he was rolling around on the floor and going down because he didn't complete his dribble. I don't see Messi doing that on a regular basis.

To end this, you act like going down to 10 men is a bad thing.
    This is the same madrid team that were 1-0 down with 10 men in the league and came out with a DRAW and quite frankly had a much better half
    This pepe sending off being a killer is absolute crap. I don't condone pedro or whoever or being idiotic but it isn't like all the face holding served Barca well did it? Jose's tactic was to stall the game as much as possible and to be perfectly honest all the acting played straight into that game plan, so I don't see why people are having such an issue.

ReputationRep:
    I understand why you don't like Barca, I'm startin to not like them as much I used to. But you cannot say they cheat like this usually, in fact the majority of games they don;t cheat at all. LOL this might well come out like ****, try replying on an Iphone.
    That's because a majority of the time they're a lot better than the other team and don't have to resort to cheating. I watch most of Barca's high profile games (Champions League/El Classico's/other big League games) and I can pretty guarantee than in a majority of them they've dived/overreacted, trying to gain an advantage. In all the three El Classico's that have happened, diving has been prevalent in them all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not arguing that thet are or aren't boring to watch, all I'm saying is that they are forced to play this style of football by a team who don't want to play football. Maybe you should re-read my post ?
    They're not "forced" to do anything - if they can only beat those tactics by blatant cheating then it really ruins the reputation they've given themselves.

They haven't cheated against those 3 big games though, ok I will agree that yesterdays game was awful, but you're clutching at straws tryin to compare the other games to this. Things went their way in the other 2 games but that was at the fault of the ref not Barca, they didn'y cheat excessively or complain to the ref excessively. So invalid point.
    How is it? The Inter Milan match was terrible, or have you already forgotten the little peak through the Barcelonda players hands whilst he was "injured" to see if the Inter player was sent off?

Or how about the Chelsea match in which Barcelona players surrounded the referee after every event? Just because it wasn't quite on the same scale as last time doesn't mean it's not a perfectly valid point.

I am well aware that they would get destroyed by Barca if they attacked them because like I said they are the best team in the world. But what they could do less of is the whole bullying tactics (less so yesterday but its evident they do this) and actually employ a plan b other than defen, defend, defend.
    I suggest you read this paragraph again and look at the massive flaw in your logic.

So is it Barca's fault if they play a little boring because other teams play so negatively against them ?
    No. Is it Barcelona's fault they have to cheat to win? Yes.

I'm not even gonna bother...
    I'll assume that's because you can't.

Ah, its the context of the game though, Barca are AWAY you cannot expect them to be attacking
    Why not? Haven't you just gone on about how it was Madrid's tactics to defend?

Never claimed to be one just showing that you're misguided views of Barca based on this one game is not representative of their play.
    They've played Real three times recently, and all of those games have been terrible, and in all of those games Barcelona have dived and cheated.

LOL what hypocritcal stance ? I never claimed teams should attack them just that if teams play ultra-defensively against them away they should expect a boring game. Please name these delusions ?
    In your opening paragraph you insulted Madrid for not attacking, in that paragraph you claimed it was acceptable for Barcelona to play overly defensive. That's called hypocrisy.

Ouch hit me where it hurts, my linguistic skills on a quickly written response on an Iphone. Ouch. But FFS I have seen the whole hit in the face stuff in the Prem man y times. But ok, it only happens in Barca... (you do realise that I admitted this game was awful ? But what you fail to notice is that its not something that happens often)
    You actually wasted money on an iPhone? My opinion of you have dropped even lower...

What part of three games in three years do you fail to understand?

True, in this one game. Because they knew from past experiences exactly how Mourinho would approach the game.
    That's no justification for cheating. This point has already been made.

My point was that Barca usually aren't that bad. Where they cheating in the CL final against Man U ? No. Same with the games against Chelsea, Arsenal etc. ONE ****ING GAME.
    Again, I suggest you go look up the red card incident in those games against Milan and Chelsea...

The Arsenal vs Man U game was mostly a different type of cheating. Unecessary fouls etc. but just as bad nonetheless.
    I wouldn't call unnecessary fouls on the same level as the diving from Barcelona last night.

But I guess you'll say the diving and stuff is worse and it is pathetic but bringing it back to he only real point that I'm trying to make here, BARCA DO NO DO THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS, THEY DO NOT DO THIS IN THE HIGH PROFILE GAMES THAT YOU CLAIM THEY DO.
    TALKING IN CAPS MAKES MY POINT RIGHT!

ALSO, WHAT PART OF VS INTER MILAN AND VS CHELSEA DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Yesterday was a terrible display of football but you're making it seem as if they do this all the time and blaming bad referring on them.
    Yeah it's the referees fault if Barcelona purposely try to trick him now...

Evidence ? lol whatever you say. The only major point I was trying to make is that this is not something that Barca usually do, big games or not.
    Seriously, go watch the highlights of their last few CL "big" matches over the past few years - you might find it illuminating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Bloody hell. What's with all the ridiculously long posts :lolwut:
    I've seen quoting per paragraphs in debates/discussions on here...but never per sentence. :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    That's because a majority of the time they're a lot better than the other team and don't have to resort to cheating. I watch most of Barca's high profile games (Champions League/El Classico's/other big League games) and I can pretty guarantee than in a majority of them they've dived/overreacted, trying to gain an advantage. In all the three El Classico's that have happened, diving has been prevalent in them all.
    I disagree, I'd say in most of the high profile games they don't resort to that at all, they didn't do any moreso than any other team against Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. In all the classico's they didn't do that either, the 5-0 they had no reason to do so, yet Real pretty much decided to try and kick them off the park. The others were not that bad either otherwise there'd be uproar with the likes of you on here about them.

All in all you and that other guy are making Barca out to be much worse than they are. That's it. Nobody is denying yesterday was bad but you seem to think they do this all the time. They don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I've seen quoting per paragraphs in debates/discussions on here...but never per sentence. :eek4:
    Haha I was thinking this as well, it takes a lot of commitment. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Here in England, some people still won't realise how tiki-taka should be played. Barca made the game into walking pace in the 1st half because they feel more comfortable when played in that manner. It is obvious English fans won't appreciate that style because of the contrast in style compared to PL.
    Have to agree with this, I'm no football expert but you would never see that type of football in the PL. Two players exchanging multiple 5 yard passes with several players breathing down their necks, in the PL the first one would have been the player hoofing it down the field. It was interesting seeing the confidence and composure that Barca had.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, I'd say in most of the high profile games they don't resort to that at all, they didn't do any moreso than any other team against Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. In all the classico's they didn't do that either, the 5-0 they had no reason to do so, yet Real pretty much decided to try and kick them off the park. The others were not that bad either otherwise there'd be uproar with the likes of you on here about them.

All in all you and that other guy are making Barca out to be much worse than they are. That's it. Nobody is denying yesterday was bad but you seem to think they do this all the time. They don't.
    Your tone is so patronising. They didn't do it the 5-0? That's because they didn't have to, that was sort of my point, they turn it on when they need to. If you go through this thread I have commented on all 3 of the recent Classico's and in all of them I have complained about diving. How does it not being as bad as yesterday (which was disgusting), make it any more right/better?

And stop talking as if you're the only one that watches Barca and all the rest of us commenting are ignorant, 'cause I can guarantee you that I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo has said the tactics weren't ideal, and also said he'd do the same as Messi if he played against ten men....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    In your opening paragraph you insulted Madrid for not attacking, in that paragraph you claimed it was acceptable for Barcelona to play overly defensive. That's called hypocrisy.
    Can't really be bothered to reply on the rest... it seems we have differing opinions on Barca's levels of cheating. I'd say only Busquet's looking through the hands thing was the only real show of cheating other than yesterday.

You do realise that when a team are at home or away they are expected to play differently ? Plus who said Barca played overly defensive ? Barca were obviously just gonna play possession football if the home team are not willing to anything but defend. There is no hypocracy there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    Lets get this straight Resonance/pg.
    The referee gave those decisions against chelsea, inter and arsenal. Not barca.
    Stupid point. Barcelona's play acting and crowding the referee clearly influenced the situation.

Chelsea would have gone though if ballack hadn't tried to pull the refs pants down after he didn't give the penalty and concentrated on surviving the barca surge forward.
    Stupid point. That occurred after Barcelona had scored and Chelsea had a player wrongly sent off due to Barca's pressure on the referee.

Chelsea would have also gone through if essien didn't try karate kicking the air instead of clearing the ball calmly. Go and watch a replay if you need your memory jogging.
    Stupid point. You're making excuses for their behavior, whether they got through is irrelevant, the fact they got a player sent off for a contentious "foul" by crowding the referee is the interesting factor in this debate.

Inter parked the bus and won - horrible football, don't even know why people bother mentioning the red card it didn't affect the result.
    Stupid point. The red card still came about due to Barcelona's play acting and under hand tactics.

Arsenal didn't have a shot (not even ON TARGET) even before the red card. End of.
    Stupid point. They played the majority of the match, and indeed when they had gotten back in, with 10 men as a result of the dubious red card. This is actually the one case you can't argue Barca really crowded the referee or did anything wrong but it does support Jose's claims that the governing body is over protective of Barcelona.

Real DID play anti football. The most basic definition of football is a game where one team attempts to beat the other by scoring goals, this was not what real set out to do, much like mancini's city. A nasty italian tactic morhinio developed in his inter days.
    Stupid point. How this exactly defends Barcelona from the level of cheating they produced I do not know.

Barcalona do not hide behind ANY gimmick. Your just deluded into thinking this by a combination of media and commentators.
    Explain.

Oh you can't - because that doesn't even mean anything...

Stupid Point.

Oh and this messi not getting carded nonsense? None of his tackles were high, he was looking at the ball when he accidently charged into whoever it was
    You realize he lashed out at the leg of a player when the ball had gone right?

and YES apologising afterwards after recognising a bad tackle SHOULD mean recieving a card is less likely
    Stupid point. How exactly does faking an apology make the tackle better or worse?

And you don't know that ronaldo would recieve the same treatment or not. NO ONE DOES.
    I'm not sure why you're calling me out then talking about Ronaldo but whatever - this is actually true though, well done you.

Each decision is made individually and is not based on teams.
    Stupid point. Of course referees favor one team or another due to reputation and so on; they're only human and they're football fans too...

Media uproar? The media hate Ronaldo since when? There hasn't been much negativity about ronaldos game in the english press since he was at united when he was rolling around on the floor and going down because he didn't complete his dribble. I don't see Messi doing that on a regular basis.
    True, he leaves that nonsense to the rest of his team-mates...

To end this, you act like going down to 10 men is a bad thing.
    Stupid point. It's never a good thing.

This is the same madrid team that were 1-0 down with 10 men in the league and came out with a DRAW and quite frankly had a much better half
    Stupid point. This is also the Madrid team that were holding out well until the sending off.

This pepe sending off being a killer is absolute crap. I don't condone pedro or whoever or being idiotic but it isn't like all the face holding served Barca well did it?
    Stupid point. Barcelona had few chances until Pepe was sent off when they were able to dominate due to Madrid's lack of cover in front of their defense.

Jose's tactic was to stall the game as much as possible and to be perfectly honest all the acting played straight into that game plan, so I don't see why people are having such an issue.
    Stupid point. The idea that cheating should be accepted and applauded as a game plan is mind-boggling.

In conclusion...you make a lot of really stupid points with little hold in reality or any strong reasoning behind them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENIVIDIVICI)
    Draw 2-2 tonight, but Real to win by 1 - 0 next week and go through to meet ManU in final
    Damn! 1/2 my predictions were right, got the two Barca goals....

Barca to go through to final, as I don't see Real coming back from that deficit at Camp Nou and with Jose banned to the stands and two key defenders (Pepe & Ramos) suspended. :mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.