Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)

I actually thought he caught him the 1st few times I saw it. That is world class diving right there :laugh:. Though in all honesty it is quite pathetic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    For **** sake mate, you need to learn to read. I never said they must attack at home,
    Maybe you should actually go read your own posts, you've repeatedly stated that, because Madrid are at home they should be playing an attacking style.

all I said was you cannot expect Barca to be playing attacking football away against an ultra defensive team,
    No, you didn't. Perhaps it's you that needs to "learn to read".

the inference was on Barca not Real.
    Incorrect, you might wish to read your posts before replying again.

Remember ? you implied the way they played was usual of Barca's general play.
    Yes, I did imply Barcelona usually cheat in big competitions, I didn't imply, as you foolishly mis-understood later on, that they always play defensively.

I disputed this by saying the only reason they played like this was because of Real's defensive system at home.
    Because you mis-understood the point as to what I was saying.

I never said or even implied that Real SHOULD attack them because they were at home, again I will reiterate so you can understand:
    I'm flatted you're trying to copy my style of explanation; it's just a pity you attempt to do so when you're not in the right [as I am] in this case.

MY WHOLE ARGUMENT BASED ON THE WHOLE HOME/AWAY THING WAS ALWAYS AIMED AT BARCA, AND YOU'RE MISGUIDED VIEW THAT THIS IS HOW BARCA USUALLY PLAY. NOT ONCE DID I CLAIM REAL SHOULD ATTACK THEM.
    TALKING IN CAPITALS MAKES MY POINT MORE ACCURATE!

Also do I need to ask you again? Go take a look at your previous posts, it might not have been your intent, but it's clearly what most people got out of your post - again due to your poor linguistic abilities - see post number 787; in which somebody else quoted you and stated

"I have a massive problem with people saying Barca played beautiful football and Real Madrid played anti-football.

That's just so wrong.

Real Madrid had a game-plan and it was working. Real Madrid, wanted to contain Barca, stop them from scoring and maybe nick a goal"

You made no argument that this point was deviating from what you were stating at that time. Seems pretty obvious, after being argued into a corner, that you're now attempting to retract your previous points.

Face it, what you said about me saying Barca were 'overly defensive' made no sense.
    It did? Do explain. I've already quoted exactly where you said it - unless of course you're implying your own words made no sense which is certainly a possibility.

You are wrong here ok ? There is no hypocracy...
    Your hypocrisy has been quoted and explained - do I need to type it in capitals to help you understand?

Again, in case you didn't hear me the last time, where did I say or even imply anything about Barca being 'overly defensive' ?????????????
    "Again put the game into context, what team would go out and attack Real knowing they have one of if not the best counter attacking teams in the world ? "

Well, if you're saying they didn't attack Real Madrid due to their counter-attack then they're playing defensively. In fact Barcelona did play defensively, that was part of their game-plan [besides cheating], so they wouldn't be exposed on the break as they were in the previous match...

ReputationRep:
    Woah wall of text

Apparently Busquets called Marcelo a moneky but I cannot find video evidence as they're all blocked in my country He's a tool though

ReputationRep:
    WOW there is so much wrong with this post...

(Original post by Resonanse)
    Maybe you should actually go read your own posts, you've repeatedly stated that, because Madrid are at home they should be playing an attacking style.
    Show me this... At most I said

"If it was at the Nou Camp and Real were brave enough to actually attack them it would be a completely different game, i.e. Man U vs Barca final."

Emphasis on the word "if", I did not claim they should or shouldn't play attacking football against Barca. Just that Barca (my whole point was focussing on Barca despite you claiming it wasn't) would have played a different game if Real had of done this.

No, you didn't. Perhaps it's you that needs to "learn to read".
    Again show me otherwise. I not once said Real should play attacking football against them.

Incorrect, you might wish to read your posts before replying again.
    Same thing, show me where I said Real SHOULD attack them.

Yes, I did imply Barcelona usually cheat in big competitions, I didn't imply, as you foolishly mis-understood later on, that they always play defensively.
    I never said anything about them always playing defensively... WTF ? Ok I said this:

"Barca are away from home against a team that has no intention of playing football against them and who will have 11 men behind the ball. Now this is not wholly representative of Barca's play and you're a retard for thinkling so."

This quite clearly shows me saying how, imo you're misguided in thinking they always play like this. In which you replied:

"...both yourself and the other person have claimed I am "retarded" for thinking in a certain way and yet you can't actually explain why that is. Both of you have failed to grasp the basic point; which is that Barcelona's football is not great to watch, it's simply dominant. To argue also, that this is not representative of Barcelona's play when they are forced to play big sides is also ridiculous; this is the third time in recent years they have blatantly cheated - Vs Chelsea, vs. Inter Milan and now vs. Real Madrid."

Now I never even mentioned the cheating I was talking only on their style of play. And I can explain why me and the other guy both thought this and that is because THIS IS NOT HOW THEY PLAY ON A REGULAR BASIS (yes I need to use capital letter otherwise you'll carry on replying when what you say makes absolutely no sense)

Plus if anyone "foolishly mis-understood" the other person based on someone talking about a defensive style of football it is you, by saying I said Barca played "overly defensive" which I didn't.

Because you mis-understood the point as to what I was saying..
    Nope, look above me at what I actually said, and then look at your reply. I was quite clear in what I was arguing you about.

Also do I need to ask you again? Go take a look at your previous posts, it might not have been your intent, but it's clearly what most people got out of your post - again due to your poor linguistic abilities - see post number 787; in which somebody else quoted you and stated

"I have a massive problem with people saying Barca played beautiful football and Real Madrid played anti-football.

That's just so wrong.

Real Madrid had a game-plan and it was working. Real Madrid, wanted to contain Barca, stop them from scoring and maybe nick a goal"

You made no argument that this point was deviating from what you were stating at that time. Seems pretty obvious, after being argued into a corner, that you're now attempting to retract your previous points.
    I've looked at my previous posts and none of which you claimed I said, did I actually say. Oh, and now I didn't actually say it but that was what "most people got out if it", wow, now you're going against what you've said before. I didn't say it at all, and unless you can prove to me otherwise then my point remains the same.

It's common knowledge that Real were going to go about that game in that fashion. I've said this already... and I never claimed they should do otherwise, despite being at home.

Oh no, not my linguistic skills again, hit me where it hurts there. Perhaps you should try and improve your common sense ?

It did? Do explain. I've already quoted exactly where you said it - unless of course you're implying your own words made no sense which is certainly a possibility.
    If you mean when I said,

"Again put the game into context, what team would go out and attack Real knowing they have one of if not the best counter attacking teams in the world ?"

Then yes please explain ? Because nothing I have said there would suggest that I claimed Barca played 'overly defensive'. Cautious and aware of Real's threats ? Yes. But defensive ? Nope.

Your hypocrisy has been quoted and explained - do I need to type it in capitals to help you understand?
    Your misguided theory of my hypocracy has been answered and my question to you has still not been properly answered. I not once claimed Real should play attacking football against them, I never said Barca played 'overly defensive'.

What I did do was say you cannot expect Barca to play attacking against them, but again, I didn't say Real SHOULD play attacking football against them.

"Again put the game into context, what team would go out and attack Real knowing they have one of if not the best counter attacking teams in the world ? "

Well, if you're saying they didn't attack Real Madrid due to their counter-attack then they're playing defensively. In fact Barcelona did play defensively, that was part of their game-plan [besides cheating], so they wouldn't be exposed on the break as they were in the previous match...
    Nah not really, it just means that they'd be more careful, pick their attacks. But this is not the major pont I'm making here. What I am trying to say to you, but with your lack of common sense and seemingly unbreakable ego is, I DID NOT SAY REAL SHOULD ATTACK BARCA.

P.S. I didn't neg you, I guess someone else out there also realises what you're saying makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    P.S. I didn't neg you, I guess someone else out there also realises what you're saying makes no sense.
    I think it's more someone just neg'ing anyone who speaks ill of Barcelona.

I'll read the rest later, it takes to long to read and reply to these walls of text...I also get the feeling this is just going to go around in circles, but I'll humor you nonetheless [a quick scan through your post displays some massive logical flaws and mis-interpretation].

ReputationRep:
    You guys are going around in circles and I don't see what you're going to accomplish by continuing this, so you might as well agree to disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    Woah wall of text

Apparently Busquets called Marcelo a moneky but I cannot find video evidence as they're all blocked in my country He's a tool though
    Really ? What an idiot, I guess he'll get some sort of ban then if they can prove it.

Does anybody know what Happened with Pinto ? Did you see the dude with the suit throttling him lol ?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more someone just neg'ing anyone who speaks ill of Barcelona.

I'll read the rest later, it takes to long to read and reply to these walls of text...I also get the feeling this is just going to go around in circles, but I'll humor you nonetheless [a quick scan through your post displays some massive logical flaws and mis-interpretation].
    Don't bother, it is going round in circles. We have differing opinions, though in that specific thing you're claiming I did, I did not. Some of what I said may have been written badly due to trying to reply on a phone. Try copy and pasting on a ****ing phone, it will drive you insane. And to what end... lol I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You guys are going around in circles and I don't see what you're going to accomplish by continuing this, so you might as well agree to disagree
    But...someone is wrong...on the internet...:eek:

Don't bother, it is going round in circles. We have differing opinions, though in that specific thing you're claiming I did, I did not. Some of what I said may have been written badly due to trying to reply on a phone. Try copy and pasting on a ****ing phone, it will drive you insane. And to what end... lol I give up.
    Yeah it really does seem, when you take a step back, that we're no longer arguing about the level of Barcelona's cheating [on which we already agreed to disagree] but now if you said a specific thing or not...

That's somehow even more pointless than arguing about football...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    But...someone is wrong...on the internet...:eek:

Yeah it really does seem, when you take a step back, that we're no longer arguing about the level of Barcelona's cheating [on which we already agreed to disagree] but now if you said a specific thing or not...

That's somehow even more pointless than arguing about football...
    True, I have grown tiresome of this 'debate'.

On a brighter note, a Man U vs Barca final should be interesting. Man U have momentum and a system that seems to work. Yet Barca seems to have lost a little momentum and haven't really been playing their best in the last few weeks (though still playing at a high level). Probably because they're a little tired, Guardiola pretty much never rests players for some reason...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

He's a ****ing disgrace tbh. I'm automatically rooting for Barca's opposition from now on due to him and Alves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnew)

He's a ****ing disgrace tbh. I'm automatically rooting for Barca's opposition from now on due to him and Alves
    :jester: His face his starting to really annoy me now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXKWHNHt4o

Apparently he says 'mono' - which means monkey.

Can't say I am 100% convinced, but there is a lot of hype going around about this incident.

Will be interesting to see what UEFA do, if anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    Apparently he says 'mono' - which means monkey.

Can't say I am 100% convinced, but there is a lot of hype going around about this incident.
    I dunno, it looks pretty clear from that video what he's saying - he certainly wouldn't be covering his mouth if he wasn't saying something unpleasant. But of course, Barcelona are saints, right...:rolleyes:

I can't see UEFA doing anything; they'd have to ban half of both teams starting 11's...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, it looks pretty clear from that video what he's saying - he certainly wouldn't be covering his mouth if he wasn't saying something unpleasant. But of course, Barcelona are saints, right...:rolleyes:

I can't see UEFA doing anything; they'd have to ban half of both teams starting 11's...
    It has got to the point where this behaviour doesn't surprise me anymore. In fact, the Spanish in general are very racist.

As you said, what will surprise me is if UEFA do anything. They are incredibly bias - imagine the pandemonium if Rooney had done such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    Busquets needs to be castrated before he produces mini-Busquets running and falling over the pitch, using racist terminology.

These so called 'great football players' are a disgrace to Spanish football, these teams have staged some of the biggest games in history, and some of the best players in history too. However, I think they've both hit rock botton in terms of playing 'beautiful' football, yes Barca still play wonderful football, but that's over-shadowed by the number of their players like Busquets pausing the game every 5 minutes because of diving. What makes it worse is when they surround the ref hoping they'll get a player sent off, it's got to the point where they believe they can't win unless the other teams is a player-down. It's a joke in all honesty, and I'm glad there's some quality in both teams who display utter magic when they've got the balll, I don't think I need to mention any names, it's pretty obvious who I'm on about.

All the El Clasicos have been a let down, what was supposed to be some of the best games this year have been horrible. I found watching Ipswitch v Norwich in the Championship a lot more entertaining and more satisfying than watching two teams go at each others throats for 90 minutes straight. It's also pretty lame that Messi practically saved the games status of being a fail.

I hope that we see something other than ****ing diving, trying to manipulate ref's decision and ridiculous red cards. I know that the ref has his work cut out for him considering them teams he's looking over however, why don't they talk to the officials more when considering pulling out a rash red card, a player being sent off his a win for the other team when we're talking about Barca v Real. One man makes all the difference, lets just hope Tuesday's final El Clasico clash restores our faith in these two very talented Spanish sides, who need no introduction.

ReputationRep:
    Busquets is an unsufferable **** who undoubtably would have been plying his trade in the toilets of a two-bit fast-food restaurant had it not been for his slimy ability to worm his way into a side with a couple of decent players. He also has more nasal hair than an ostrich.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Sergio Ramos is so funny. When asked to comment on dropping the trophy, he simply said he didn't drop it- it jumped!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.