Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to this one on Tuesday. Does anyone think Mourinho could tell his players to go out with a bang? I think this game could be nastier than the first leg!

ReputationRep:
    Im a barca fan and busquets shames me.I don't really care about Dani Alves that dude is funny the refs know him he's like a smaller version of cristiano in terms of dives but Busquets meeh :/ This season I prefer Mascherano over him.

Why can't all the footballers be like Messi. He's down on the ground everyone else is fighting above him and hes just like ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fafo)
    I'm looking forward to this one on Tuesday. Does anyone think Mourinho could tell his players to go out with a bang? I think this game could be nastier than the first leg!
    Mourinho is leaving madrid this summer without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Both teams lost today, funny old world .. though Barca did rest most of their 1st team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    Mourinho is leaving madrid this summer without a doubt.
    We'll see, it clearly speaks wonders about the guy that "the best team ever :rolleyes:" Barcelona would resort to such negativity in order to gain an advantage against his tactics. The fact the Madrid fans and board [who sprout this constant "Madrid must play the beautiful game" bull****] fail to realize this, and seem to beleive that throwing money at a club, and building a team of disjointed players that don't compliment each other very well will produce success, just fuels the idea that he will leave, but it'll either be because he wants to, or because the board are fools.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Frank de Bleeckere will be in charge of tuesdays match up.

He refereed the Inter Barca semifinal last year and gave the red card to Motta on Busquets peek-a-boo dive.

ReputationRep:
    Milito injured for the rest of the season. Another blow to Barca's defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Milito injured for the rest of the season. Another blow to Barca's defence.
    so is Montoya (B teamer who has been brought up for the last couple games to cover in defense)

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for 2nd leg?

I can see Barca playing their excellent possession game from the off and frustrating Madrid who will be looking for any early goal.

Madrid will end up chasing the ball and ultimately leave holes in their lines which xavi/iniesta(if fit) messi & co can easily rip through.

I predict/hope for a big Barca win... big enough to embarrass Mourinho and prevent him from talking absolute rubbish after a game for once.

ReputationRep:
    0-3.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Mourinho will just do what he did against Villareal and go all out attacking. If he doesn't and tries to play this one defensively or "tactically", I will start hating him as much as Barca and never watch Spanish football again.

Seeing as the final is the one final I did not want to see, the very least Madrid could do is provide some entertainment? Same with Schalke, although their joke defence is almost certain to provide that.

ReputationRep:
    “Barca, in my heart – today, tomorrow, and forever.” It may be hard to believe now, but those words were uttered by Jose Mourinho in 1997. The Portuguese stood alongside Bobby Robson on the balcony of the Generalitat [Catalunya’s government building] in the centre of the city and swore eternal love to the club, in front of thousands of Barcelona fans, through a loud microphone.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    :eek:
    And then the Barca fans spent years ripping on him :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Madrid have asked UEFA to ban six Barca players, and Guardiola..... for 'anti-sporting behaviour'. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: amazing

ReputationRep:
    That is both amazing and embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    tbf to them I absolutely agree that Pedro, Busquets and Mascherano deserve to be banned for their pathetic "facepain" playacting. as should any other players who do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Uefa's disciplinary committee meets in Nyon on Monday to discuss Madrid's complaints and is expected to announce its decision before Tuesday's second-leg at Camp Nou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Uefa's disciplinary committee meets in Nyon on Monday to discuss Madrid's complaints and is expected to announce its decision before Tuesday's second-leg at Camp Nou.
    What? You mean they're actually entertaining this nonsense?

This will set a dangerous precedent.

EDIT: The disciplinary committee is meeting on the 6th.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.