Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's uefa ffs I doubt they will do anything.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't do anything, tbpfh. Madrid are just looking for a way to try beat Barca by any means necessary.

Embarassing behaviour, worse than Mourinho's post-match press conference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    They shouldn't do anything, tbpfh. Madrid are just looking for a way to try beat Barca by any means necessary.

Embarassing behaviour, worse than Mourinho's post-match press conference.
    They shouldn't do anything?

The big two campaigns in football are:

- Let's kick Racism out of football

and the

- Respect the Referee campaign.

Both of which Barcelona and Madrid disrespected on a world stage. They should be punished. How you can argue the likes of Pedro, Alves and Busquets shouldn't be banned is beyond me, likewise Mourinho should be banned and possibly Di Maria.

Anyone remember when Eduardo was banned for diving against Celtic? It's incredibly hypocritical for them to ignore this situation and pick and choose who they punish for diving. Especially given most of Barcelona's play-acting was much worse than anything Eduardo did...

All you need to do is go watch the highlights of the match; and see the whole Barcelona team following the referee around waving invisible cards every 5 minutes, and that includes Valves who ran out his goal to complain every incident...

The game was a joke, and both teams should pay the price for their tactics. You let these teams play dirty and they will continue to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    Look at the precedent it sets if they act upon Madrid's whims. Madrid are effectively refereeing their own game. How can that be right?

You may aswell remove the ref if this is acted upon.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the just punishment would be banning both clubs from participating in the CL next season. They´ve heavily damaged the reputation of the CL with their "performance" and both teams should face the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: The disciplinary committee is meeting on the 6th.
    Uefa have rejected Real Madrid's complaint against Barcelona for unsporting behaviour. It is expected Madrid will appeal their decision.

Regarding Mourinho's post-match comments, Uefa will make a decision on Friday (6th) when the commission for control and discipline meet to investigate the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catilina)
    I believe the just punishment would be banning both clubs from participating in the CL next season. They´ve heavily damaged the reputation of the CL with their "performance" and both teams should face the consequences.
    Well that's a little over the top isn't it, these two football giants demonstrate some of Europe's finest football. I do agree however, that players should be banned from tomorrows game. Mainly to prevent what could be a brilliant game falling to pieces due to fights/diving.

ReputationRep:
    All you need to do is go watch the highlights of the match; and see the whole Barcelona team following the referee around waving invisible cards every 5 minutes, and that includes Valves who ran out his goal to complain every incident.
    Exaggerating.

Mourinho will not speak to the media today and Aitor Karaka is expected to replace him with Benzema alongside him.

ReputationRep:
    Counting up all the times Barcelona do that and averaging it over 90 minutes probably wouldn't be too far off every 5 minutes tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Dani Alves is the worst, the lowest of the cheating scum. Not even a particularly good RB/RWB or whatever the hell he is meant to be. Overrated, nasty little gremlin.

I hope Madrid get ****ing nasty and decide to start the biggest WUMfight in history. I am tuning in with expectation they will lose and lose the plot even worse. I want it abandoned.

ReputationRep:
    Haha tbf I'm sort of the same, I don't expect a good match any more between these two, just lots of diving, therefore I am hoping there are just loads of brawls, hopefully one of Busquets, Alves, Pedro, Di Maria or Ronaldo get punched in the face or something. It will make up for the crappy El Classico's I've had to witness so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Well that's a little over the top isn't it, these two football giants demonstrate some of Europe's finest football. I do agree however, that players should be banned from tomorrows game. Mainly to prevent what could be a brilliant game falling to pieces due to fights/diving.
    In my opinion it really isn´t. While your first point is certainly true, both the clubs and the players are acting like little children, if they want to play in the champions league they have to behave. It´s not like the players would be punished unfairly, I´ve heard none of them speak out against this and most of them were involved anyway.

Banning players is the least they could do, but it seems they´ve rejected all claims from Real and Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Dani Alves is the worst, the lowest of the cheating scum. Not even a particularly good RB/RWB or whatever the hell he is meant to be. Overrated, nasty little gremlin.

I hope Madrid get ****ing nasty and decide to start the biggest WUMfight in history. I am tuning in with expectation they will lose and lose the plot even worse. I want it abandoned.
    :rofl2: That would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    No joke, it needs to become an absolute disgrace. Barcelona are answerable for a ****load of disgusting cheating, and I want the Camp Nou on its knees yielding to Madrista fury.

It must be an unthinkably despicable encounter.

I'm a little embarrassed still that someone didn't smash Alves' bones during our encounter with the cheats.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they would of even considered to ban any Barcelona players for diving/cheating anyway, although it does seem harsh that Eduardo did for exactly the same thing (though didn't it get overturned ?). The point is, there is absolutely no consistency with it and (to fuel all your 'Barca get special treatment' propaganda) I doubt they'd make an example out of the biggest team in the world, a game before the CL final. I think UEFA should stamp down on the cheating/diving tactics more though and start giving out a few lengthly punishments to try and cut it completely out of the game. I certainly don't wanna see another example of that Real vs Barca game.

Has anyone heard anything more on the Busquets thing ? I think if there is enough proof of him saying something racist then he will be punished.

ReputationRep:
    Both UEFA and FIFA are gutless when it comes to the Spanish clubs tbh, there has been a big problem of racism within Spain(and Italy for that matter) for years and they have never been keen on punishing the clubs. Same is now true of diving and cheating, Busquets, Di Maria and Alves could do their best shot-by-a-sniper impression all game but it doesn't quite bring the game into as disrepute as Eduardo diving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Exaggerating.
    I think you need to look at the clips. In the case of the sending off that's completely true.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the precedent it sets if they act upon Madrid's whims. Madrid are effectively refereeing their own game. How can that be right?

You may aswell remove the ref if this is acted upon.
    Nonsense; how is, after the game, viewing tapes of players diving and punishing them accordingly the same as giving players power over the referee?

This is exactly the sort of thing the board should be doing...

You're not taking away the referee's power with a move like that, since it's a very difficult situation for him to manage what with the way the teams acted and gives the scum that plays for these two teams something to think about before they take an easy dive.

ReputationRep:
    If they play the same way they did last time, the prevailing side should not expect to have all its players available in the final. Also Barca is one of the teams which has ordered players to get a yellow card on purpose so they won´t miss an important match, and has rarely been punished for it.

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense; how is, after the game, viewing tapes of players diving and punishing them accordingly the same as giving players power over the referee?

This is exactly the sort of thing the board should be doing...

You're not taking away the referee's power with a move like that, since it's a very difficult situation for him to manage what with the way the teams acted and gives the scum that plays for these two teams something to think about before they take an easy dive.
    Again, it's the precedent it would set that I have an issue with. It's not UEFA that have viewed the match tape but Real themselves, it's hardly going to be unbiased, is it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.