Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Madrid:
    Goalkeepers: Casillas, Dudek, Adan.
    Defenders: Carvalho, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Albiol, Garay, Nacho.
    Midfielders: Granero, Lass, Kaka, Alonso, Di Maria, Ozil.
    Forwards: Adebayor, Higuaín, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Barcelona:
    Goalkeepers: Valdes, Oier
    Defenders: Abidal, Puyol, Alves, Piqué
    Midfielders: Mascherano, Bartra, Fontàs, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Thiago, Iniesta, Xavi, Keita
    Forwards: Pedro, Messi, Afellay, Villa, Jeffren.

ReputationRep:
    What are Madrid going to do with players such as Canales? Can't remember the last time I saw him play. They have too much quality. They need to stop buying so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What are Madrid going to do with players such as Canales? Can't remember the last time I saw him play. They have too much quality. They need to stop buying so much.
    And they're supposedly in for Sahin this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    And they're supposedly in for Sahin this summer.
    Which could be a desaster for his career, he won´t be in their starting eleven and if he spends a year on the bench without improving himself, the interest of other clubs won´t increase.

He should stick with Dortmund for the CL next year and if he proves what he is cabable of, clubs like Manchester will certainly show interest. Dortmund won´t be able to keep the best players anyway, but they shouldn´t sell all of them after one good season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Again, it's the precedent it would set that I have an issue with. It's not UEFA that have viewed the match tape but Real themselves, it's hardly going to be unbiased, is it?
    And Real have a right to complain, but UEFA won't go entirely on Real's judgement but on their own judgement based on Real's evidence.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously can't see Madrid scoring at the Nou Camp tomorrow night and wouldn't at all be suprised if they get destroyed 4-0

Here's the league performance statistics for this season- http://www.statto.com/football/teams/barcelona

It's pretty stupid to predict that anything but a thrashing will happen at home for Barca, they're home record is astonishing:awesome:

Doesn't mean Mourhinio has to be a ***** and not go all out, you never know, I haven't seen an all-out attacking performance from Real in these El Clasicos. Lets hope they actually realise they need to push forward and get good balls to Ronaldo if they want to get level or even with Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Madrid:

Barcelona:
    Midfielders: Mascherano, Bartra, Fontàs, Busquets, Sergi Roberto, Thiago, Iniesta, Xavi, Keita
    im pretty sure the abidal thing is a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Madrid:

Barcelona:
    Huge news! Didn't expect him to make a return this season at all

(Original post by Sandra1993)
    im pretty sure the abidal thing is a mistake.
    He's back but may not play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Huge news! Didn't expect him to make a return this season at all
    Doubt he'll be on the starting team though, probably on bench.

Fair play to him though, he recovered from the operation faster than I thought he would

ReputationRep:
    I hope Mou will leave Adebayor on the bench...he's useless.

Think it's the first i dont have faith on my team hah will have to start learning the chants to support Man united :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    barca to win easy!

ReputationRep:
    The racism story has reached the media:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13265403.stm

A racism row has erupted ahead of the Champions League semi-final second leg between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Real published a video on their website showing Barca's Sergio Busquets allegedly calling full-back Marcelo "mono" (monkey) during the first leg.
    What do you think of it? Personally I hope that idiot Busquets gets his just deserts.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for both teams, I want them to just get it over and done with as much as they probably do - Barca / United in the final should be a hell of a match anyway

that confident of them going through. I think Mourinhos' honesty has gone against him, but I do kinda agree with things he said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    The racism story has reached the media:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13265403.stm

What do you think of it? Personally I hope that idiot Busquets gets his just deserts.
    Busquests said he was saying 'bobo' which means stupid.

Take from that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    If there was unequivocable evidence of racist remarks then UEFA would act, clearly there is not.

It's Madrid's word against Barca's. Cue shock and horror in equal measure!

ReputationRep:
    The way Mourinho used to wum was amusing but now it's getting boring and embarrassing to watch.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to see the two football clubs arguing and Mourinho and Guardi should STFU and play football non of this diving, hand up in the face in tackles business. Looking forward to the CL tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw highlights of Inter v Barca last season, Busquets is such a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerry)
    Just saw highlights of Inter v Barca last season, Busquets is such a ****.
    Indeed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.