Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildBerry)
    Just saw highlights of Inter v Barca last season, Busquets is such a ****.
    the referee from that night is the referee tonight

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully he's also watched footage of the first leg and he'll send Biscuits off regardless of what happens? To "compensate".

ReputationRep:
    As a Man United fan, I'm hoping this game keeps in-line with with the others and has lots of cards! No doubt the football is going to suck again, so lets have a few brawls and some suspensions for the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Sport)
    But Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola countered: "My players are an example of professionalism and honesty."
    :teehee: Really Pep? Really?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13265403.stm

ReputationRep:
    What else do you expect him to say?

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses on Barca's formation tonight then?

I've got an idea:

ReputationRep:
    I read that earlier :toofunny:

And they call Mourinho a wum :facepalm2:

(Original post by sandeep90)
    -
    Quality :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    If there was unequivocable evidence of racist remarks then UEFA would act, clearly there is not.

It's Madrid's word against Barca's. Cue shock and horror in equal measure!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFxudyTlnhE

It seems pretty clear he's saying mono (monkey) here. The only other word in context that would fit is pollo (chicken).

I think in one of the articles posted here, Busquets claimed he said Bobo... pretty stupid claim by him as the evidence definitely shows he didn't say that (otherwise his lips would have touched for the second syllable when you make the second "b" sound). So his lie pretty much confirms it. He also embarrassingly tried to cover his mouth, which gives more credence to the claim as he had something to hide; the attempt was as pathetic as his peekaboo a year ago.

ReputationRep:
    Have to say that looks pretty conclusive. A nice area of Spanish football that tends to be ignored by those desperate to portray Spain and Barca as playing 'the beautiful game'.

I wonder how Alves, Keita and Abidal feel about him now?

He has to be one of the biggest pricks in football tbh. I know i'm biased as a Utd fan but I hope he's banned for it, it's disgusting.

Marcelo should snap his leg in two tonight, imho.

ReputationRep:

Old but hilarious. Not possible tonight, unless Mourinho plays? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFxudyTlnhE

It seems pretty clear he's saying mono (monkey) here. The only other word in context that would fit is pollo (chicken).

I think in one of the articles posted here, Busquets claimed he said Bobo... pretty stupid claim by him as the evidence definitely shows he didn't say that (otherwise his lips would have touched for the second syllable when you make the second "b" sound). So his lie pretty much confirms it. He also embarrassingly tried to cover his mouth, which gives more credence to the claim as he had something to hide; the attempt was as pathetic as his peekaboo a year ago.
    It's not unequivocable, is it? It's one person's word against another and there's simply no way to charge someone when that is the case.

I'm surprised Madrid haven't tried to dub in some sound, tbh, just like they used doctored videos to 'prove' Alves wasn't caught by Pepe.....

ReputationRep:
    It's not unequivocable, is it? It's one person's word against another and there's simply no way to charge someone when that is the case.

I'm surprised Madrid haven't tried to dub in some sound, tbh, just like they used doctored videos to 'prove' Alves wasn't caught by Pepe.....
    Tbf I don't really understand how it works and what would be needed for the evidence to be considered unequivocal.

If it's Busquets' word against Marcelo's and so the claims of each party are disregarded and the conclusions have to be drawn purely from the video, then that weakens the support. But even if you're only allowed to use the video, it's pretty easy to narrow down the words he could have uttered; the word was definitely ?o?o where ? are consonants; in the first syllable he touched his lips (b / m / p) and in the second syllable he touched the front of his pallette (d / l / n / t) so there are only really 12 combinations of what he could have said, most of which I doubt are even Spanish words.

ReputationRep:
    Is hard to tell from the video, whether it's Mono or Bobo.

ReputationRep:

Got a source for this?

Was a few of us watching in a pub and even there after a couple of ITV replays most of us thought there wasn't any contact. Watching the highlights after didn't make me change my mind.

If it was sarcasm that I missed then just ignore this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Is hard to tell from the video, whether it's Mono or Bobo.
    Or both ?lol

ReputationRep:
    Line-ups:

Barcelona
    Valdes
    Alves-Mascherano-Pique-Puyol
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Messi-Villa-Pedro

Madrid
    Casillas
    Arbeloa-Carvalho-Albiol-Marcelo
    Diarra-Alonso
    Ronaldo-Kaka-Di Maria
    Higuain

All day in Barcelona it was pleasantly warm, but during the last hour there has been thundery showers and grey cloud's has taken over the blue sky.

Bring back Yaya Toure ffs :sad:

ReputationRep:

I think there's no denying that Biscuits is a massive ****, and tbh, considering his behaviour on the pitch, i wouldnt put something like this past him. Seems like the typical player that spends their time pissing the other team off because he's deficient as a footballer. Why Barca decided to get rid of Yaya Toure over him, i'll never know.

Barca would be a much better team without his antics spoiling the spectacle. Pedro looks so similar to him too, and it looks like he's picked up the habit, which is disappointing. I've really, really started to dislike this barca team. Partly because they're so goddamn good, but their constant questioning of decisions is enough to grind on anyone's nerves.

This'll be a **** match, but will probably still end up watching it.... hoping in vain that RM pull off the impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Pepe? hm...
    good choice of keeping ozil down.
    I agree ^ biscuits or alvez they both are look a like..

ReputationRep:
    Was hoping Madrid's team would be more attacking. Looks neutral at the moment.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.