x Turn on thread page Beta

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    Adebayor should be in a team like Stoke, not Real Madrid
    On the end of Delaps throws :coma: easily 40+ goals a season

ReputationRep:
    People slating Barca's antics on the pitch as anti football? Heres some stats from BBC site. No idea how to do links and **** so...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/9473024.stm

Barca fouls: 3
    Real madrid fouls: 27

Go switch off ur computers if thats not anti football.

ReputationRep:
    That was ridiculous. Can't believe Mascherano?

ReputationRep:
    Mascherano is a s**t. What a horrible ****ing human being. At least filth like that buggered off out of the PL. I don't want crap like that in my football league. Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)
    People slating Barca's antics on the pitch as anti football? Heres some stats from BBC site. No idea how to do links and **** so...

duh, obviously their dives weren't picked up and counted as real madrid fouls.

ReputationRep:

There were so many fouls on Madrid players, and the ref called a lot of legitimate challenges on Barca players as fouls.

The official stats don't tell the full story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    duh, obviously their dives weren't picked up and counted as real madrid fouls.
    This game was no where near as bad as the last and there was barely any diving. I'll pluck up an (imaginary) number of "dives", lets say five which leaves Barca with 3 fouls and madrid with 22. Does it make the figures any better? No.

(Original post by sandeep90)
    There were so many fouls on Madrid players, and the ref called a lot of legitimate challenges on Barca players as fouls.

The official stats don't tell the full story.
    So the referee just happened to not see them and favour Barcalona? Hmm... Conspiracy?

Not. Get over it.

EDIT: Quote from BBC live feed: OptaJose on Twitter: "29 - Real Madrid made 29 fouls in this match, with Messi being on the end of 11 of them - both Champions League highs for 2010/11. Ouch."

Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Quote from BBC live feed: OptaJose on Twitter: "29 - Real Madrid made 29 fouls in this match, with Messi being on the end of 11 of them - both Champions League highs for 2010/11. Ouch."

Disgusting.
    Yeah Barcelona were given a lot of small, needless fouls - whilst Madrid were wrongly disallowed a goal and a number of free-kicks in dangerous areas, particularly due to those same types of fouls awarded to Messi.

Disgusting? Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    Yeah Barcelona were given a lot of small, needless fouls - whilst Madrid were wrongly disallowed a goal and a number of free-kicks in dangerous areas, particularly due to those same types of fouls awarded to Messi.

Disgusting? Yes.
    Ronaldo fouled mascherano in the build up, someone needs to watch the game again. Carvaliho should have been sent off in the first half and adebyor the same. You can throw all your wit at me, its never made sense because it was always all your opinion and never fact.

Madrid didn't do enough with the ball and clearly felt they had do a lot without it then.

Give up lad, madrid have, Jose has (who watched the game in his hotel), and now its your turn.
    I'll pay for some room service for Jose in your name? Sure he'll appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo fouled mascherano in the build up, someone needs to watch the game again. Carvaliho should have been sent off in the first half and adebyor the same. You can throw all your wit at me, its never made sense because it was always all your opinion and never fact.

Madrid didn't do enough with the ball and clearly felt they had do a lot without it then.

Give up lad, madrid have, Jose has (who watched the game in his hotel), and now its your turn.
    So let me get this straight. Pique fouls Ronaldo who then falls on Mascherano who dives and this is somehow Ronaldo's fault?

I think you need to watch the game again mate.

ReputationRep:
    Adebayor does not belong at Real Madrid, I agree.

Although the behaviour was better from both teams, it really says a lot about them when people are applauding their behaviour when we still had plenty of dives, Mascherano's being the worst.

As much as I would love United to beat them, I really do not think they stand a chance. They will be out-played, and when things aren't going well Barca will resort to their usual tactics and get players sent off.

ReputationRep:
    You can throw all your wit at me, its never made sense because it was always all your opinion and never fact.
    Nor are your claims that it was a Barcelona free-kick fact. The difference is anyone with half a brain could see my point of view in the correct one in this situation...Ronaldo is very clearly fouled, falls over and the Barcelona defender dives to the ground to gain an undeserved free-kick. Your bias deludes you.

It doesn't help when legitimate goals at crucial times are ruled out for horrendous decisions.

Your arguments have been constantly mocked as the joke they are and this is the best you could come up with?

I do like the way you mock Mourinho though; considering the guy's one of the worlds top managers whilst you're commenting on TSR about football...

Pitiful.

ReputationRep:
    Both sides improved their behaviour after the shambles of last week. Can only really think of the Mascherano attempt to get Diarra off in the corner as a serious example, a few other minor ones that shouldn't be condoned but happen in most games of top level football.

Shame about the Madrid goal being wrongly disallowed but in fairness they had a bit go there way as well. The Pepe red killed the tie off, this would have been a very interesting game to watch starting from 0-0.

ReputationRep:
    Whine whine whine

You know what you all sound like? You sound like my little cousin playing his xbox, when he is getting beat by someone better than him he cries and shouts, calling him a cheater and such.

Yes, certain decisions tend to go Barca's way, but it happens to every team all the time. People are just focussing on Barca because they keep winning and the rest of you can't take it lol.

Not to mention Carvalho should have been sent off with a number of other Madrid players.

The only problem I have with Barca is the play acting by SOME of the team, It is a disgrace and needs to be sorted by Barcelona. Notice how I said play acting, not diving? Real Madrid had their fair share of diving too and so do other teams, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgreg1)
    As much as I would love United to beat them, I really do not think they stand a chance. They will be out-played, and when things aren't going well Barca will resort to their usual tactics and get players sent off.
    Unlike Nani/Rooney/Rio/Evra who will not try to cheat but will play nice clean football, try and stay on there feet and not complain to the referee when they get fouled :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlennyBoy)

You know what you all sound like? You sound like my little cousin playing his xbox, when he is getting beat by someone better than him he cries and shouts, calling him a cheater and such.
    You probably don't want to know what you sound like to the rest of us..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Both sides improved their behaviour after the shambles of last week. Can only really think of the Mascherano attempt to get Diarra off in the corner as a serious example, a few other minor ones that shouldn't be condoned but happen in most games of top level football.
    Yeah cus diarra definetly deserved to stay on the pitch after 7-8 fouls and 3-4 yellow card offences

(Original post by Resonanse)
    You probably don't want to know what you sound like to the rest of us..:rolleyes:
    Hes right though "waaa 4 of barcelonas team dive" and one of them is a benchwarmer, they wouldnt need to dive if the ref was making the necessary calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    Unlike Nani/Rooney/Rio/Evra who will not try to cheat but will play nice clean football, try and stay on there feet and not complain to the referee when they get fouled :rolleyes:
    In comparison to the two Spanish teams over the last 4 matches Manchester Utd are saints!

ReputationRep:
    I was laughing my head off when I was masherano rolling on the floor on the 83rd minute i was thinking not this again it's so pathetic :sigh:
    But over the 2 legs barca undoubtedly deserved to go through, lets hope man utd gives them a good game because well defence is a big part of the game and Real is just not up to it like utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    Hes right though "waaa 4 of barcelonas team dive" and one of them is a benchwarmer, they wouldnt need to dive if the ref was making the necessary calls.
    By diving they are making sure the 'calls' given aren't correct...your logic is flawed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.