Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    By diving they are making sure the 'calls' given aren't correct...your logic is flawed.
    Exactly. Some of these idiots are truly hilarious. Not worth wasting time arguing with them when they come back with crap like that. Oh and saying Ronaldo fouled Mascherano i the build-up to the disallowed goal was a personal thread highlight from a comical point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Exactly. Some of these idiots are truly hilarious. Not worth wasting time arguing with them when they come back with crap like that. Oh and saying Ronaldo fouled Mascherano i the build-up to the disallowed goal was a personal thread highlight from a comical point of view.
    Oh defiantly, there're some people who have completely deluded themselves into believing Barcelona are completely innocent of any mis-doing. In fact the one argument people have constantly produced in this thread alone is "Madrid to it too", as though that justifies anything; and even if it did, Xavi's moronic comments are still highly inaccurate as a result...

Then again this is football, it's unfortunately a sport played by unintelligent, over-payed brats and the majority that follow it are just as bad...

ReputationRep:
    Nor are your claims that it was a Barcelona free-kick fact. The difference is anyone with half a brain could see my point of view in the correct one in this situation...Ronaldo is very clearly fouled, falls over and the Barcelona defender dives to the ground to gain an undeserved free-kick. Your bias deludes you.

It doesn't help when legitimate goals at crucial times are ruled out for horrendous decisions.

Your arguments have been constantly mocked as the joke they are and this is the best you could come up with?

I do like the way you mock Mourinho though; considering the guy's one of the worlds top managers whilst you're commenting on TSR about football...

Pitiful.
    Bias? Carvaliho? Adebyor? You seem to have missed out both of them. A red card to either would have changed the game just like the disallowed goal. That is the pitiful. I don't pretend to defend Barcalona and their antics with macherano etc, but your bias is towards a disgusting madrid team ruined by morhinio tactics. 27 fouls says it all.

Mocked as a joke? Only by you, although i'm pretty sure the joke is on you, after all, Barca are comming away with another champions league medal and a league title. Madrid will finish the league with a trophy crushed by a bus.

Top managers don't jump from one top team to another top team, they stay at one place for a lengthy period of time and build success, not buy it just as madrid have done this year. Although I wouldn't even call it success, if morhinio came to any team outside the top 3/4 of the major leagues, and then did well, THEN its success. Hardly an amazing feat to do well with real with a full squad of internations and a goal scorer hitting 30/40 every season is it? The media may love morhinio and you may ride the morhinio ship, but he left chelsea when things were going bad, he left inter milan after winning the champions league by parking plane and playing mind games via texting lampard and such. They might have won the league but the italian league is terrible. Worlds top managers? Please. Doesn't even compare to the SAF/wenger/redknapp's of this world who build their teams up. REAL men don't watch their team from a tv in a hotel. What sort of message did that send to his players that their manager couldn't even be assed to sit the stands and bear the Barca crowd?

Until the next el classio(s), goodbye.

EDIT: For all the Barca haters out there who are clearly dillusioned arsenal/man utd fans incensed by deserved loses from this season or the second last final, move on.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Ronaldo complaining about diving :rofl:

"Higuain's goal was good. Pique pushed me and I landed on Mascherano. He didn't used to fall to the ground in England, but he's picked up the bad habit of doing it here like everyone else."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skeanos)

EDIT: For all the Barca haters out there who are clearly dillusioned arsenal/man utd fans incensed by deserved loses from this season or the second last final, move on.
    Utd fans? We deservedly lost that final, and most every fan will freely admit that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasri08)
    :lolwut: Ronaldo complaining about diving :rofl:

"Higuain's goal was good. Pique pushed me and I landed on Mascherano. He didn't used to fall to the ground in England, but he's picked up the bad habit of doing it here like everyone else."
    ronaldo doesnt dive as much as he used to. if anything his jump to real madrid has made him do it a lot less.

in the four games between real madrid barca i dont think he dove once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandra1993)
    ronaldo doesnt dive as much as he used to. if anything his jump to real madrid has made him do it a lot less.

But he still dives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    But he still dives
    So does every other footballer tbh, it's a part of the modern game, unfortunately.

The thing with Ronaldo is, his reputation from England has followed him to Spain. He rarely dives nowadays, especially when compared to Barcelona players.

ReputationRep:
    You probably don't want to know what you sound like to the rest of us..:rolleyes:
    Well whatever it is, it'll be better than a whining *****. Barca are the best team in the world, no matter what you say about them.

ReputationRep:
    By diving they are making sure the 'calls' given aren't correct...your logic is flawed.
    no, you can dive and still have been fouled. i.e busquets (or pedro i dont remember) play acting after being hit in the face by marcelo. Marcelo shouldnt be flailing his arms about to stop people getting near him, thats not how you dribble. Similarly Daniel Alves rolling about after being the foul by pepe (I dont care if there was no contact you can't tackle like its as simple as.

Oh defiantly, there're some people who have completely deluded themselves into believing Barcelona are completely innocent of any mis-doing.
    T..
    No one is claiming this, they are saying that the big teams in the premier league do it too, the big teams in italy do it to, the big team in germany does it too.

(Original post by Sandra1993)

Not easy to dive when you only have the ball 8 times in 4 games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)
    That was ridiculous. Can't believe Mascherano?

(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Mascherano is a s**t. What a horrible ****ing human being. At least filth like that buggered off out of the PL. I don't want crap like that in my football league. Disgusting.
    Yeah, Mascherano is a cheating prick, as is Busquets and Alves, but this doesn't change the fact that Madrid have played four games of ultra-defensive football designed to disrupt Barcelona's flow, get men behind the ball, and basically kick Messi. Look at the amount of times that he was fouled by Carvalho on Tuesday? The Times had it down as 11 fouls on Messi, six or seven by Carvalho. Barcelona were disgusting in the first leg, and Mascherano didn't do his team any favours in the second, but this doesn't change the fact that I'd much rather watch Barca than Madrid given the choice, and Barca played far, far, far better football (during the periods when players were upright and playing actual football) over all four games.

ReputationRep:
    Well, after eagerly anticipating these 4 matches, I think it's safe to say...

What a load of *******s.

Oh come on, why is b ollocks filtered!

ReputationRep:
    Verdict of the 4 games: Too much of a good thing.

I'm actually sick of the sight of Madrid, glad it's over.

ReputationRep:
    Sick of both these teams. Especially Barca, largely because Barca supports them How's my favourite, cwumbly moderator?

ReputationRep:
    Sick of both these teams. Especially Barca, largely because Barca supports them How's my favourite, cwumbly moderator?
    I'm lovely thanks I've noticed a clear decline in wumming and the quality of the WUMs. The result of the new mods iron fist modding? I think so :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    I'm lovely thanks I've noticed a clear decline in wumming and the quality of the WUMs. The result of the new mods iron fist modding? I think so :yes:
    Not true. I went through a sustained, intense period of wu-merchantry about a week ago, received alot of negging as a result, and not once, not once, did I get troll/wum warning points for my activities. I escaped your attention.

Must do better, Barca. I've yet to see this iron fist, son.

:cool:

As for the football, glad all the Madrid/Barca matches are over. So many games in such a short time-frame - tempers were always going to spill over and doesn't surprise me there is this bad blood between the sides. Can't see us beating Barca in the final but you never know, it's a one off match. We outplayed Barca in the opening 10 minutes in the CL final a couple of years ago, we then conceded a goal which was against the run of play and literally crumbled into a million pieces and never recovered thereafter. We need to have learnt this lesson and ensure our heads don't go down if we do concede first.

ReputationRep:
    Not true. I went through a sustained, intense period of wu-merchantry about a week ago, received alot of negging as a result, and not once, not once, did I get troll/wum warning points for my activities. I escaped your attention.

Must do better, Barca. I've yet to see this iron fist, son.

:cool:

As for the football, glad all the Madrid/Barca matches are over. So many games in such a short time-frame - tempers were always going to spill over and doesn't surprise me there is this bad blood between the sides. Can't see us beating Barca in the final but you never know, it's a one off match. We outplayed Barca in the opening 10 minutes in the CL final a couple of years ago, we then conceded a goal which was against the run of play and literally crumbled into a million pieces and never recovered thereafter. We need to have learnt this lesson and ensure our heads don't go down if we do concede first.
    The Spanish NT will have to go through therapy, these players may not admit it but they must be sick at the sight of each other. No doubt I'd be pissed at the other if I was one of them.

Not conceding first is definetly a key for United. If Barca lead that only means whatever team they are playing will be forced to come out of their shells and go for it which opens up space. Question is, how will United play? If United set deep and wait for counters then it will stifle us but at the same time I can see United not creating any decent chances because they truly will be few and far in between. Going for broke and playing a high pressurised game is the best method in my opinion, if you look at the points we have dropped and the games's we've dropped it's been against teams that play without fear and go for the kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    The Spanish NT will have to go through therapy, these players may not admit it but they must be sick at the sight of each other. No doubt I'd be pissed at the other if I was one of them.

Not conceding first is definetly a key for United. If Barca lead that only means whatever team they are playing will be forced to come out of their shells and go for it which opens up space. Question is, how will United play? If United set deep and wait for counters then it will stifle us but at the same time I can see United not creating any decent chances because they truly will be few and far in between. Going for broke and playing a high pressurised game is the best method in my opinion, if you look at the points we have dropped and the games's we've dropped it's been against teams that play without fear and go for the kill.
    Agreed.

Except Hercules, they just counter attacked epically tbh. :mmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.