Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone had any luck in treating/fading keloid scars........? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im so sick of them, I have a few on my chest, quite small but prob like 0.5-1 cm each and some on my shoulders. I have tried just about everything from silicone sheets, gel and laser therapy. I have also had steroid injections and these have helped to flatten them but the redness remains. Does anyone know how to fade the redness? cheers

ReputationRep:
    take it you've tried tea tree oil mixed with water?

ReputationRep:
    Bio Oil, buy you need to use it daily for quite a while for it to work.. it's the actual massaging that helps break down the scar tissue too not just the actual oil. Worth a shot though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ange de la nuit)
    take it you've tried tea tree oil mixed with water?
    yeh, tea tree oil does nothihn. Keloid scars are the most stubborn types of scars around, cheers anyway

ReputationRep:
    Surgical spirit, its not fantastic for your skin but if you apply it once a day for a week it should reduce considerably
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by newts2k)
    Im so sick of them, I have a few on my chest, quite small but prob like 0.5-1 cm each and some on my shoulders. I have tried just about everything from silicone sheets, gel and laser therapy. I have also had steroid injections and these have helped to flatten them but the redness remains. Does anyone know how to fade the redness? cheers
    I've tried two things in the past:

1) Vitamin E capsules, open them and run two into the area a day, works for some but not all.

2) Bio-oil, again, it may not help for everone, but I certianly found it the most successful. Same again, apply to the area 2-3 times a day and you should notice a difference pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    I use bio oil every day on my surgical keloid scar. It's faded SO MUCH since my op (which was Aug 09) and now just looks like an ordinary surgical scar xx

ReputationRep:
    I've only been using dermalmd scar serum for about a week now and I've seen a bit of fading on my newer scars. I had really bad back acne and all the scabs were driving me nuts! I bought this because it had good reviews and it's only been a week and the scars are fading a little bit. I can't wait to see what it does after 3-4 months! It also makes your skin smooth (:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the information

ReputationRep:
    Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the most popular and effective home remedies to get rid of keloids from piercings. It contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help in reducing fatty deposits below your skin.
    Honey
    You can also use manuka honey as the home remedy for keloids. It helps in reducing the keloids redness and swelling as it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. Honey is popular for its moisturizing abilities. Studies show that honey is very effective for controlling inflammation
    Aloe Vera
    Aloe Vera is the most effective home remedy for keloids. It cures the keloids in its initial stage and it also reduces pain, inflammation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.