Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't think a girl has ever said to me that she thinks I'm hot, whilst gay guys seem quite forwardly interested (including attractive ones who presumably have a reasonable amount of options). Why do only gay guys think I'm good looking? Do gay guys have much lower standards or something?

ReputationRep:
    Do you wear "camp" things? Maybe you give off a gay vibe?

I guess I do sometimes. Although looking around British people as a whole and all of these guys with tight trousers and plunging necklines, I'm not sure what I wear is camper than standard.

I don't think it's what I wear, but I think I do somehow give off a "gay vibe", however you do that. I'm not sure what would make me give off this sort of vibe, though.

ReputationRep:
    gay guys have nothing to fear when they call you hot
    girls are probably shy or something

(Original post by Refrigerator)
    gay guys have nothing to fear when they call you hot
    girls are probably shy or something
    What makes you say they have nothing to fear? Surely rejection is the only thing to "fear" (if that's the right word) for either sex - and so far I've never said "yes" to a gay man!

Same problem here. I've had several guys come onto me in really direct ways. By literally asking me out for dinner and asking if I was gay. It's often older men too (30-50, I'm 20). It's extremely awkward.

Thing is, I'm completely straight. And it's frustrating because I've never had a girlfriend or even had sex. I've had a few dates and that's it. I'm not a pretty boy at all. I'm 6ft1 have a square jaw and broad shoulders.

FML.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.