This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
all i was doing was trying to answer your question, then you had to call me an idiot because im not an expert programmer blessed with the skills of assembly

to amaz: you can get rid of the "page refreshing to the top" problem by having your CGI script add a tag like <a name="lastComment"> to the last comment posted (although it would be tricky getting rid of the "last comments" before it) and then your refresh going to "chatpage.htm#lastComment"
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
all i was doing was trying to answer your question, then you had to call me an idiot because im not an expert programmer blessed with the skills of assembly

to amaz: you can get rid of the "page refreshing to the top" problem by having your CGI script add a tag like <a name="lastComment"> to the last comment posted (although it would be tricky getting rid of the "last comments" before it) and then your refresh going to "chatpage.htm#lastComment"
Whatever, is obvious that you answered in an arrogant and out of place way.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Whatever, is obvious that you answered in an arrogant and out of place way.
doesn't compatre to your arrogance that anyone who doesnt know assembly should be shot.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
doesn't compatre to your arrogance that anyone who doesnt know assembly should be shot.
Nobody should be shot, that ideas are yours.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nobody should be shot, that ideas are yours.
i don't encourage suicide.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i don't encourage suicide.
Congratulations.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Congratulations.
but i do think that anyone who can't prove kepplers 2nd law using vector methods isn't worthy of even thinking about :rolleyes:
Sire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Easy there little ones
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
but i do think that anyone who can't prove kepplers 2nd law using vector methods isn't worthy of even thinking about :rolleyes:
Congratulations again ...
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Congratulations again ...
I dont really care, i just dont like your attitude that someone with little programming knowledge could not participate in this discussion. i didnt see you solving amaz's problem, as i did, all you cared about was whether you could have written a better program
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Field 'chat.message' cannot be a zero-length string.

/suk/chatadd.asp, line 32
Please... some error handling!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Please... some error handling!
That chat system has been scrapped now. Got too much uni work to so will just use an applet instead.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nobody said that, but you could save your arrogant comment,
"I think the language is self-evident as it is the title of the thread." ,
if you don't know what are we talking about.
From where I'm standing, you're the one coming across as the arrogant one who thinks he knows everything. Maybe you should assess your own arrogance before you accuse others?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
I dont really care, i just dont like your attitude that someone with little programming knowledge could not participate in this discussion. i didnt see you solving amaz's problem, as i did, all you cared about was whether you could have written a better program
I don't care about you, coming here and answering as you were a genius.
Congratulations again for solving the problem.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
From where I'm standing, you're the one coming across as the arrogant one who thinks he knows everything. Maybe you should assess your own arrogance before you accuse others?
In this thread I've said that I don't know a **** of ASP for example.
And I was simply asking until this guy needed to say what he said, I just made a question and the answer weren't even JavaScript.
But is perfectly right to say to me "I think the language is self-evident as it is the title of the thread." , and I'm the one to blame ...

Well I don't think so, I was just asking a question to the only one who can know it, the one that was developing the program and somebody entered to the conversation to say 'hey, look up the topic, can't you read? is obvious that the language is javascript', that's how I see it.

I don't understand who you can see it another way, I was asking gently to amazingtrade because I can help a little in programming, I ask and try to answer, I don't have the truth.
Why should I have to stand an answer like that?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads