Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I be able to do my driving test in Wales? watch

ReputationRep:
    I live in Leicester but want to do my driving test in rural Wales so that I find it much easier. Would I be able to do that?

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. You shouldn't be allowed on the roads with an attitude like that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i doubt they'd let you, to be honest. plus it's not going to be very helpful to you when you start driving in leicester.

ReputationRep:
    You can take your test wherever in the country you want, because you choose what test centre to do it at when you apply for your test, however you don't choose the test route and I'm 99% sure every single route involves driving in towns because they need to assess you in all sorts of situations.

So basically aside from the fact that (as somebody has already said) with an attitude with like that you really shouldn't be on the roads anyway, you can't take a test purely in a rural area.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'd have to drive in towns, but half of these towns in Wales don't even have electricity/indoor plumbing, and so they'd hardly be busy.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest loughborough, it's not as far as wales and it's countryside aswell as town.

ReputationRep:
    if you cant drive on normal roads then you shouldnt pass a test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemozo)
    I know I'd have to drive in towns, but half of these towns in Wales don't even have electricity/indoor plumbing, and so they'd hardly be busy.
    TROLLOLOLOL....

If you aren't trolling you are an idiot who has loads to learn.

ReputationRep:
    OK, what the ****?

ReputationRep:
    My mate had the same idea and took his test in Wales whilst on holiday and failed.

ReputationRep:
    I live close to the rural parts of Wales and I've been to Leicester a few times, and they're opposite ends of the spectrum of driving. If you learned to drive in Leicester, you'll get caught out in mid Wales and vice versa. If you haven't got first class hazard perception as well the skill to drive on some reet nasty parts on some of the A-roads round there you're going to come unstuck. Also places like Llandrindod Wells do have enough traffic to make it a proper test. It's also a bloody long way to come to have a still high risk to fail - just make sure you're ready to nail the test in Leicester.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.