Turn on thread page Beta

How do I wake myself up. watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm up, got a shower got dressed had breakfast had a walk outside, now I'm sat here trying to do revision and the only way I can describe it is just BLAHHHH in my head, I can't get myself to do the revision, I feel so lethargic and can't get myself to wake up... I don't drink energy drinks.. I don't know what else to do..

ReputationRep:
    Coffee?

ReputationRep:
    Drink water/more water. Keep yourself hydrated.

ReputationRep:
    i feel like this every day :/

get yourself to a library where the only thing you can do is work. then you have no choice in the matter

ReputationRep:
    Have a banana (or two!) :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Lucozade, fizzy drinks, just some sort of caffeine! Obviously don't drink all of this on a regular basis, but if its just for today then you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Also, i've heard having an apple will wake you up more than a cup of coffee.

ReputationRep:
    this . is . so . boring .

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have fruit and go to the library when i have work to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    So I'm up, got a shower got dressed had breakfast had a walk outside, now I'm sat here trying to do revision and the only way I can describe it is just BLAHHHH in my head, I can't get myself to do the revision, I feel so lethargic and can't get myself to wake up... I don't drink energy drinks.. I don't know what else to do..
    Relentless >

ReputationRep:
    Have a nap and try again.

ReputationRep:
    May sound like a daft suggestion but - have a cold shower.

I always find that wakes me up.

Or sit outside and make yourself do work for an hour, then after an hour have a ten minute break (i.e go for a walk etc.) and repeat.

You say you don't drink energy drinks but I really would recommend lucozade. Whenever I'm tired and have stuff to do, I have a sheer plan of

lucozade + flapjack + bannannas = wake up!

works for me ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Go for a pint stuff it, it's not your day today don't pretend that it is haha

ReputationRep:
    The first few minutes when you start to do some serious work of any kind is always the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Have something to eat, not sugary, the energy won't last, a banana or something, cuppa tea or coffee, 10 min walk in the fresh air and start again.

ReputationRep:
    Go play a game for an hour. It might wake you up as you are concentrating on something fun.

ReputationRep:
    water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i feel like this every day :/

get yourself to a library where the only thing you can do is work. then you have no choice in the matter
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovelife1234)
    This.
    Unfortunately I can't go to a library as I have to stay home to look after my dad.
    Just had something to eat, gonna go outside in the freezing cold hope it wakes me up! Trying to avoid having a nap...

ReputationRep:
    Have an apple and a banana.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.