Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So my friend has graduated as a physio therapist last year and well she's been struggling to find a job in that sector and is now thinking of changing to nursing and she asked my advic ( i dont know why i'm still gojng through ucas applying for OT) anyway i had no idea what to advise her? does anyone know how you can change from a physio to nursing or will she have to do a 3 year course again to become a nurse and also are employment oppertunities better for a nurse then a physio?

Thanks any help will be appreciated as I have no idea what to advise her :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiL)
    So my friend has graduated as a physio therapist last year and well she's been struggling to find a job in that sector and is now thinking of changing to nursing and she asked my advic ( i dont know why i'm still gojng through ucas applying for OT) anyway i had no idea what to advise her? does anyone know how you can change from a physio to nursing or will she have to do a 3 year course again to become a nurse and also are employment oppertunities better for a nurse then a physio?

Thanks any help will be appreciated as I have no idea what to advise her :/
    First off. She can do a two year grad course in nursing. They are very competitive to get onto but is a shorter route.
    Like this one:http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/grad...header_search/

As for jobs. Physio job are really hard to get in the NHS atm. Nursing jobs are easier to get but I know certainly for my area (the north east) that they have became harder to get over the years.
    My mum tutors student nurses (she is a nurse herself) and she said that last year a few of her nurses didnt get jobs because there was so many people applying to too few posts. But saying that the employment prospects are greater than physio by good strech, just harder than it use to be.

I work in the NHS in one trust so I can only tell you what I have seen/know from here. Others may be able to help you more. Try re-posting this in the nursing forum

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.