Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Physics B G495 Field and Particle Pictures June 21st 2011 Exam Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Fanatic)
    yer i found it, thanks. I just did a past paper and got 60% am i going to fail or what :afraid:
    nah.. i'm regret that i started revising so late.. i MUST start studyin the next paper tmr!!! We'll b fine. dun worry,be happy,go study!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.Fanatic)
    yer i found it, thanks. I just did a past paper and got 60% am i going to fail or what :afraid:
    60% on the Jan 2011 paper would have got you a C. You're nowhere near failing mate

66 was a B, 74 was an A, so keep your head up.

ReputationRep:
    Ah....

Hey do you know if we have to know baryon number of quarkes... So for example up is +1/3...

Do we have to memorize this or not?

Swindon... Are you gonna do what I do, wake up at 6 to do some section C work?

Although I'll be waking up earlier than 6...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    Ah....

Hey do you know if we have to know baryon number of quarkes... So for example up is +1/3...

Do we have to memorize this or not?

Swindon... Are you gonna do what I do, wake up at 6 to do some section C work?

Although I'll be waking up earlier than 6...
    I think the baryon number is usually given. At least it was in the past paper I did earlier.

Yeah that's the plan. I did it today with C4, hence my power nap as I didn't stop revising last night until 2am. May head to bed a bit earlier tonight though.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got about 12 pages from revision guide + section C and I'll be done.... How did you find c4?

I think im gonna wake up... At 4-4:30 am haha

Although I'll be going to sleep now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    Ive got about 12 pages from revision guide + section C and I'll be done.... How did you find c4?

I think im gonna wake up... At 4-4:30 am haha

Although I'll be going to sleep now
    Found it suprisingly easy, but I screwed up majorly time-wise. I have no idea why, but I took ages over it all, even though I knew how to tackle pretty much all the questions, and got mostly right answers. During Q6 I looked at the clock for the first time and realised I had 10 mins left, then just scribbled bits of 7 and 8 down, hoping to get some method marks. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I only needed 67 ums for an A....

So I started revising from scratch on sund..... Bad idea... Thr integration takes if anything a whole day by it self... Anyway... Needless to say I also with time pressur cocked up...

So basically no A for me....

I have phys tomorrow, fp1 on weds, chem on Friday and then next week got phys again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    I only needed 67 ums for an A....

So I started revising from scratch on sund..... Bad idea... Thr integration takes if anything a whole day by it self... Anyway... Needless to say I also with time pressur cocked up...

So basically no A for me....

I have phys tomorrow, fp1 on weds, chem on Friday and then next week got phys again...
    Judging by the estimate grade boundaries, 67UMS will only be about 47ish marks. Very do-able even with mistakes.

Good luck tomorrow, off to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find my copy of the advance notice material anywhere! someone please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsatska)
    I can't find my copy of the advance notice material anywhere! someone please help!
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/o..._unit_g495.pdf
    here u go, I'm just revising on it

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much cramming time!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    just to clarify, weve got 2 hours for 100 marks right? and we get given the article in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    Hmmmm
    "04:11" That's dedication, I could only manage 5.30am

ReputationRep:
    difference between slip ring and split commutators anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerdog)
    Really quick question if anyone's still up:

Jan 08, question 9: the answer is kinetic energy, but how do you work that out?
    Loss of potential energy = gain in kinetic energy = qV

The alpha particle has twice the charge of a hydrogen, because a hydrogen has one proton while an alpha particle has two.
    So the alpha particle has twice the KE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swindan)
    "04:11" That's dedication, I could only manage 5.30am
    Don't worry, it was a bit of a fail anyway..... I woke up pressed snooze... Then I feel asleep....

Woke up again at 6...

And by snooze, I mean I accidentally pressed the "alarm off" button. Hey how long you think we're gonna need to spend on pre release revision.... 1 hour ish? Ha

I hate leaving things to thr last minute

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find the older papers really difficult? ie June 2003 etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    Don't worry, it was a bit of a fail anyway..... I woke up pressed snooze... Then I feel asleep....

Woke up again at 6...

And by snooze, I mean I accidentally pressed the "alarm off" button. Hey how long you think we're gonna need to spend on pre release revision.... 1 hour ish? Ha

I hate leaving things to thr last minute
    Not sure, I realised I haven't covered quarks and leptons yet, so I'm trying to give half my focus to that, and half to the pre-release. I might just go through the answers to those pre-release questions, and see what formulas and methods could come up, rather than working my way through it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.