Turn on thread page Beta

Sexual Experimentation in women and men. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academic eric)
    Not really for me to say...but I believe that far too often we have our head in the clouds stating that traditional society = bad and new liberal society = good. Its not that simple. Some peoples needs are met, some peoples arent. Always has been the case and will continue to be.
    True to an extent... the way we're brought up in school, especially, makes us believe that everything and anything is possible, if we want it to be.. but why is that bad? Admittedly, it might have somewhat strange outcomes, and if you don't seem to have liberal views you tend to be verbally murdered.. but why is it wrong to be liberal?

-neutral outlook here-

ReputationRep:
    its not wrong to be liberal but its wrong to be a card carrying member of any anti traditional views. They are not or should not be mutually exclusive. Having a real open mind is being able to look objectively at traditional values and reflect on the good things they offered rather than simply dogging them as antiquated as so many do.

Being liberal can be good and bad also. Too many people call themselves as liberals cause its the in-thing to do. However with liberty comes responsibility, with freedom should come justice and equality.

Some liberals just simply advocate the liberal movement to fit their own private agendas and manifestos.

But any open-minded people that can cast just as critical eye on the liberal movement as they do on traditional values can really be deemed truly objective.

Liberal, traditional are just labels. Its the theories that underpin them and who really drives the movements that are interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djordje)
    If homosexualism becomes accepted, next will be pedophilia and other mental disease and a man will be allowed to marry a baby, an animal, a corpse etc. What LBGT does in privacy of their room doesn't concern me, but why is there need to get married and go to streets asking for rights, when the Gay Pride is merely a provocation for hooligans and extremists to become violent. IMO Gay pride parades should be banned or at least stripped of police protection.
    P.S. I'm not a homophobe but a line must be drawn.
    Gay pride is not "the right to get married". Ok, gay pride may be a provocation, but the right to get married is not. You are guilty of slippery slope fallacy in your first line, and if marrying a corpse ever were legalised, then rest assured there would be a good reason for it.

I can't tell if you're a troll, or if Eastern Europeans are really so backward.

ReputationRep:
    its not wrong to be liberal but its wrong to be a card carrying member of any anti traditional views. They are not or should not be mutually exclusive. Having a real open mind is being able to look objectively at traditional values and reflect on the good things they offered rather than simply dogging them as antiquated as so many do.

But any open-minded people that can cast just as critical eye on the liberal movement as they do on traditional values can really be deemed truly objective.

Liberal, traditional are just labels. Its the theories that underpin them and who really drives the movements that are interesting
    I understand where you're coming from, and agree that it's the 'in' thing to do, and it is how we're being raised, if I'm honest.
    But I don't think it's wrong to believe in something that's not traditional, because that would be generalising the reasons why people don't believe in some traditional views in the first place.

But, that said, I appreciate quite a few things that were established traditionally as being better than some alternatives, because my upbringing was quite traditional. And you're right that many people condemn traditional views, some even calling them outdated. But sometimes, things change, and we can't stay exactly the same as we used to be years ago, probably due to the fact that our mindsets are changing, as well as technology and other things are advancing. We seem to believe things differently now.

It's all because, in my opinion, what is acceptable and our borderlines have changed as we have met and encountered new things, and come to accept them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pomme de terre)
    what is this ridiculous grammar
    Sometimes I write hastily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy786)
    .... We seem to believe things differently now.

It's all because, in my opinion, what is acceptable and our borderlines have changed as we have met and encountered new things, and come to accept them.
    Agree. But often thats because we have been told to.

So who's free?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reml)
    This - society as a whole is in decline due to queer-sympathisers and bleeding heart liberals tolerating these sexual deviants
    Oh ****ing hell, you're back. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    If homosexualism becomes accepted, next will be pedophilia and other mental disease and a man will be allowed to marry a baby, an animal, a corpse etc. What LBGT does in privacy of their room doesn't concern me, but why is there need to get married and go to streets asking for rights, when the Gay Pride is merely a provocation for hooligans and extremists to become violent. IMO Gay pride parades should be banned or at least stripped of police protection.
    P.S. I'm not a homophobe but a line must be drawn.
    What a stupid statement to make! It takes two people to get married and I don't think somehow that a baby, animal or corpse has anyway of consenting to marry someone do you? The same with comparing homosexualism to pedophilia, there's no consent involved.
    Marriage between two men is exactly the same as marriage between a man and a woman and that can hardly be described as a mental illness.
    What harm is seeing a homosexual couple celebrate their love for one another and have the same rights as any other human really doing you?
    0 0

ReputationRep:
    Agree. But often thats because we have been told to.

So who's free?
    Who's free to what? Think? NO ONE, THEY'RE BRAINWASHING YOU... AAAAAAAAH

ReputationRep:
    so long :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    Who's free to what? Think? NO ONE, THEY'RE BRAINWASHING YOU... AAAAAAAAH
    Aaah...derision. Thats what they want you to think...

ReputationRep:
    Aaah...derision. Thats what they want you to think...
    But they haven't succeeded.. or have they? D:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they've done a fine job.... : )

ReputationRep:
    Cause it's gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveCrain)
    Gay pride is not "the right to get married". Ok, gay pride may be a provocation, but the right to get married is not. You are guilty of slippery slope fallacy in your first line, and if marrying a corpse ever were legalised, then rest assured there would be a good reason for it.

I can't tell if you're a troll, or if Eastern Europeans are really so backward.
    Eastern Europeans (at least Serbians and Montenegrins) are really traditional. I guess I wasn't raised in the "free" society so that I'd regard homosexualism as normal, everyday phenomenon (I never really met a gay person, saw 'em kissing once or twice)
    What I tried to say is that it was relatively recent that homosexuals were treated as mentally sick and as their number increased, they weren't anymore considered as mentally sick (at least what my Psychology teacher told me - since 70s homosexualism isn't a disease). So as if other sexual perversions like pedophilia become more frequent, to give people equal rights to achieve democracy - we'd have to recognize them as normal. Is that still a fallacy?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is going on in this thread? I can't tell if people are trolling or just dumb.

Also, I like how people think that once we accept homosexuality (we haven't yet) we'll suddenly throw out that whole pesky concept of 'consent' and embrace child molestation. Consent is a big deal. Also, gay sex is not comparable to sex with children or animals. Not ever. Fullstop.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they've done a fine job.... : )
    Ah, but it could allll be a facade, and I could be someone who's trying to convince you that we're doing a fine job of it, when really we're just trying to get to YOU specifically.. MWAHAHAHA

Okay I'm off-topic now.. Sorry OP

ReputationRep:
    gay pride is an expression of a section of society that was oppresed etc. but the point is everyone experiments depending on their personal thoughts btw just keep it to yourself if you want a man have a man or a woman why does it matter

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europeans (at least Serbians and Montenegrins) are really traditional. I guess I wasn't raised in the "free" society so that I'd regard homosexualism as normal, everyday phenomenon (I never really met a gay person, saw 'em kissing once or twice)
    What I tried to say is that it was relatively recent that homosexuals were treated as mentally sick and as their number increased, they weren't anymore considered as mentally sick (at least what my Psychology teacher told me - since 70s homosexualism isn't a disease). So as if other sexual perversions like pedophilia become more frequent, to give people equal rights to achieve democracy - we'd have to recognize them as normal. Is that still a fallacy?
    Yes because they are essentially 2 completely different things. You can't categorize them together, and reason that, since one is now accepted, the other will be. Homosexuality is accepted because of individual rights, and the fact that it has nothing to do with anyone else what two (or more ) consenting adults do. Pedophilia, in most of its phenomena, is contrary to the rights of the individual.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but it could allll be a facade, and I could be someone who's trying to convince you that we're doing a fine job of it, when really we're just trying to get to YOU specifically.. MWAHAHAHA
    I'm convinced. With such sound rationale, you're not in Government are you?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.