Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sexual Experimentation in women and men. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok here's one for ya.

Political correctness our enemy or friend. Discuss.

Another one.

Who owns Liberal thought? Doesn't the party have an agenda? Is their value system really all welcoming or just modernity wrapped in a sales pitch?

and finally

Dontcha hate when ice-cream runs down the stick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack-)
    What is it with gay people needing gay pride days? Do they not realise the only people who care are themselves, and those who are homophobic. In other words, its inviting trouble.

And as far as I am aware there are no hetero-pride days, so why do we need homo-pride days? Its bizarre.

OP, unless you intend to 'express sexual creativity' as you put it, or shag a bloke as I'd put it, and are trying to seek an online forums acceptance for it (why would you bother?), then this thread is ridiculous. In fact it is ridiculous either way.
    It's probably a minority of gay people who actually attend gay pride these days. Gay pride invites trouble in the same way building a mosque does or electing a black president. I imagine a few bigots on the fringes of society will actively take issue with it.

No, there are not heterosexual pride days. Most gay people grow up being taught to be ashamed of who they are and gay people have long fought for equal rights. Gay pride is a celebration of the freedom to be whomever you want to be. It also tends to be a tad carnivalistic and it's not something I'm personally interested in but I certainly support its right to exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academic eric)
    Ok here's one for ya.

Political correctness our enemy or friend. Discuss.

Another one.

Who owns Liberal thought? Doesn't the party have an agenda? Is their value system really all welcoming or just modernity wrapped in a sales pitch?

and finally

Dontcha hate when ice-cream runs down the stick?
    I have a feeling OP/ everyone else is gonna hate me for all of this XD XD
    Let's go in reverse order. Just to make things interesting.

I hate it when that happens, hence, I never let it happen. XD XD

Hmm, tricky one. Everyone has Liberal Thought, in the sense that you ahve freedom to think whatever. People then take a sepcific route determined by themselves/ society around them, some choosing traditional values, others choosing other values etc. Who owns Liberal Liberal thought? Anyone who's Liberal.. unless we don't control our thoughts....

Yes, the party has an agenda. To brainwash Nah, I was joking.. I hope Modernity, as you describe it, is everyone having their own opinions, and being allowed to have them, in my opinion. Liberals have their own values which people more or less follow, if they like Liberals, or they agree with them. Therefore it can be 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' if you look at it from the perspective that it's allowing people to have their own opinions on the state of government/voting systems/health care/ education etc. . But, it can also be argued that it's not 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' because by becoming a member, you'd be allowing yourself to be grouped with views you don't necessarily completely accept.

WARNING: NOTHING I'M SAYING ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE, AND IS INCOHERENT.

But, obviously, people are allowed to have their own opinions on what is classified as their opinion. There's a reason why some people have had to resign from their government/parliamentary jobs sometimes; because they don't agree with what is being said/done but are expected to carry it out, therefore not confirming the 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' idea. But that just shows that we're still allowed to have opinons.

(scrolls to read the question again)

It is not all welcoming. If it was, there would be no party; it would be full of contradictions, and Nick Clegg would not be Deputy PM because there would be no party. BUT his coalition agreement shows that Lib Dems are ready to welcome.. though some people question the motives. ¬¬

So political correctness is therefore a vicious circle. CONCLUDED.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hard.Target)
    Unfortunately so, next it will be pedophiles.
    People like you are not too far behind them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy786)

I have a feeling OP/ everyone else is gonna hate me for all of this XD XD
    Let's go in reverse order. Just to make things interesting.

I hate it when that happens, hence, I never let it happen. XD XD

Hmm, tricky one. Everyone has Liberal Thought, in the sense that you ahve freedom to think whatever. People then take a sepcific route determined by themselves/ society around them, some choosing traditional values, others choosing other values etc. Who owns Liberal Liberal thought? Anyone who's Liberal.. unless we don't control our thoughts....

Yes, the party has an agenda. To brainwash Nah, I was joking.. I hope Modernity, as you describe it, is everyone having their own opinions, and being allowed to have them, in my opinion. Liberals have their own values which people more or less follow, if they like Liberals, or they agree with them. Therefore it can be 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' if you look at it from the perspective that it's allowing people to have their own opinions on the state of government/voting systems/health care/ education etc. . But, it can also be argued that it's not 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' because by becoming a member, you'd be allowing yourself to be grouped with views you don't necessarily completely accept.

WARNING: NOTHING I'M SAYING ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE, AND IS INCOHERENT.

But, obviously, people are allowed to have their own opinions on what is classified as their opinion. There's a reason why some people have had to resign from their government/parliamentary jobs sometimes; because they don't agree with what is being said/done but are expected to carry it out, therefore not confirming the 'modernity wrapped in a sales pitch' idea. But that just shows that we're still allowed to have opinons.

(scrolls to read the question again)

It is not all welcoming. If it was, there would be no party; it would be full of contradictions, and Nick Clegg would not be Deputy PM because there would be no party. BUT his coalition agreement shows that Lib Dems are ready to welcome.. though some people question the motives. ¬¬

So political correctness is therefore a vicious circle. CONCLUDED.
    Thanks for writing my essay

If i dont get an "A" dont become a politician. Only joking. Its refreshing to read such gibberish...at least thats what I'm putting in the note at the end of my essay to my lecturer.

-

seriously i think political correctness is one of the most confining things in modern day society today. Its resulted in a culture of litigation, of fear, of barriers and mistruths. I'm all for respecting others and their rights but i do feel that the *******ization of these rights lies in the hands of the policy makers and politicians who will always protect themselves sacrificing the views of the invisibles - the homeless, the unemployed etc...those with little lobbying power give politicians little to fear or abide by. You'll find to many homeless people dont have friends in high places - therefore their needs arent relevant. And i'm afraid when it comes to politics it tends to be same old, same old - regardless of which side of the political divide you are on - or how rosy the tinted glasses of the middle classes are.

Anyway, whats your views on sexual experimentation?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for writing my essay

If i dont get an "A" dont become a politician. Only joking. Its refreshing to read such gibberish...at least thats what I'm putting in the note at the end of my essay to my lecturer.

-

seriously i think political correctness is one of the most confining things in modern day society today. Its resulted in a culture of litigation, of fear, of barriers and mistruths. I'm all for respecting others and their rights but i do feel that the *******ization of these rights lies in the hands of the policy makers and politicians who will always protect themselves sacrificing the views of the invisibles - the homeless, the unemployed etc...those with little lobbying power give politicians little to fear or abide by. You'll find to many homeless people dont have friends in high places - therefore their needs arent relevant. And i'm afraid when it comes to politics it tends to be same old, same old - regardless of which side of the political divide you are on - or how rosy the tinted glasses of the middle classes are.

Anyway, whats your views on sexual experimentation?
    OMG YOU EEJIT WHAAAATL IVCNAOSVNIOASO PDVNOASDINV ;ASODNCV ;OASIDNC A;OIDNASDCNI A;OSIDCN A;SODICFNVH

HOW DID I OF ALL PEOPLE FALL FOR IT?!?!

*evils* You better be lying, or you're not so academic, eric. ¬¬

I'm already on my way mwahaha I was hoping to do PPE so ja :rolleyes:

Lol I'm such a failure. Anyway. In response:

PC is so non-PC. Isn't it politically incorrect to be too politically correct? XD DON'T STEAL ALL MY IDEAS, OKAY? I NEED TO FORM MY OWN PARTY GRRHMPH

And sexual experimentation? Well I am meant to think that everyone should just experiment because that's probably how we got here in the first place on too many different levels.. XD I bet you can think of several different meanings/arguments. :P

What do YOU think?

And please, for the life of me, tell me you're joking.. otherwise you're just a little doomed. Are you at Uni? If so, doubly, maybe even tripley doomed.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps its because females are more sensual anyway, so the idea of being with another woman isn't that weird.

Also (sweeping generalisation): men like lesbians, women don't mind lesbians. Men don't like gays, women don't like gays (I mean, in that we don't really get turned on by them the same way men feel about lesbians). So sleeping with a man is icky to men and icky to women, therefore its looked down on more.

Its really interesting though, as the best friend of an open gay man for many years there are so many straight 'lads' that I know that have had gay tendancies, you literally just don't hear about it. He's slept with so many of the alpha males I know in secret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Perhaps its because females are more sensual anyway, so the idea of being with another woman isn't that weird.

Also (sweeping generalisation): men like lesbians, women don't mind lesbians. Men don't like gays, women don't like gays (I mean, in that we don't really get turned on by them the same way men feel about lesbians). So sleeping with a man is icky to men and icky to women, therefore its looked down on more.

Its really interesting though, as the best friend of an open gay man for many years there are so many straight 'lads' that I know that have had gay tendancies, you literally just don't hear about it. He's slept with so many of the alpha males I know in secret.

Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reml)
    This - society as a whole is in decline due to queer-sympathisers and bleeding heart liberals tolerating these sexual deviants
    So you see no moral distinction between an active homosexual and and active paedophile?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah course I'm joking. : ) But I'm also a little doomed. I think we live in an instant gratification society. I also think we live in a selfish society, people who claim its about equality and human rights and who would'nt know human rights abuses if they were on their doorstep. But we have plenty who cry wolf about the subject.

Sexual experimentation? I'm a traditionalist in that regard i guess. Polygamy, one night stands and dabbling that can cause hurt aren't really for me. Humanist at heart.

So do you believe women are more sensual or is that just an ego-driven common myth up there with multi-tasking? *ducks*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah course I'm joking. : ) But I'm also a little doomed. I think we live in an instant gratification society. I also think we live in a selfish society, people who claim its about equality and human rights and who would'nt know human rights abuses if they were on their doorstep. But we have plenty who cry wolf about the subject.

Sexual experimentation? I'm a traditionalist in that regard i guess. Polygamy, one night stands and dabbling that can cause hurt aren't really for me. Humanist at heart. Humanist at heart
    Sometimes, I think I agree too much.

And you better be joking!! haha and yes, it's really hard to judge what to believe in my opinion, and I think that it's pretty hard to know where to stand. I still don't have all the facts. We are an insane people; an interestingly insane people. Humans are just such a strange specimen. Thoughts are strange. I could go on forever about what's right and wrong, and each time end up contradicting myself. There's no universal right/ universal wrong. And that's why differences of opinion exist.

I don't believe in polygamy/cheating/one night stands or anything like that either. But I have to watch it unfold and can't do anything because it's not PC. But then again, do we have the 'right' to interfere? You might say yes if there's someone who was not the person who committed an act of any kind voluntarily and doesn't like the consequences, but if it's mutual, then any consequences upon them are 'deserved', but anyone affected as a third party deseves some kind of compensation.

But the problem is, we're so private and then painfully non-private that it's hard to judge and therefore generalise becuase everything is unique and personal to a certain person.

BLAH blah blah blah blah

You've got to understand that nothing I've been saying actually makes any proper sense. My teachers and friends say I think and therefore speak too much, and often, it's not in context. XD Speech is thoughts which are voiced.

ReputationRep:
    So do you believe women are more sensual or is that just an ego-driven common myth up there with multi-tasking? *ducks* *again*?

ReputationRep:
    Call me old fashioned, but God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

ReputationRep:
    So do you believe women are more sensual or is that just an ego-driven common myth up there with multi-tasking? *ducks* *again*?
    WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING ME QUESTIONS, GAH?

Anyway, I'm enjoying answering questions; I've always loved quizzes/ forms.. Give me a good form to fill in and it'll keep me busy hehe.

Um I don't think they're more sensual than men ALL the time, I was agreeing with the fact that generally, women don't like the thought of men having sex, but they might be fine with gay men. If you get me. :P

And women have big egos, get over it :P Nah I'm joking, it's alllll one big generalisation, and I say agree even when I am only trying to say that it's the case for me. I do wish we'd all stop bashing the other gender for having any apparent trends.. XD Not that you seem to be, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrician1993)
    Call me old fashioned, but God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
    That might be due to the fact that it was apparently necessary for creation. As in creation of humans.

Also, we have no clue of exactly what God (whoever you might believe in) has in store or thinks or whatever. We're lesser beings if we exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sollythewise)
    i can't comment on most of this, but i just want to mention that in judaism, the sin of eve was not about sex, it was actually eating a fruit.
    The legend is allegorical; not literal. Surely, you should know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    The legend is allegorical; not literal. Surely, you should know that.
    and many people don't believe in god. i do. if i can believe that, why not believe that the bible is literal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sollythewise)
    and many people don't believe in god. i do. if i can believe that, why not believe that the bible is literal?
    Haha I like your sig Sorry, I'd rep but none left ¬¬ Although I myself am not Christian, I believe in God, and my Book to be the Word of God, so Well said, well said.

ReputationRep:
    I love how I completely killed this thread and ended it. I feel like a murderer. Oh my.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God tl;dr

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.