Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm male btw, anon please.

Basically this guy I know, who I see often and speak to often, he calls me his best mate, although we've only known each other for about a year. Now I don't even like the word "best friend" even if I get along with someone, just really cheesy to me, but with this guy we are completely the opposite, in terms of interests, personality and our outlooks on life. There are also a lot of things I don't like about him he's extremely clingy, extremely arrogant (always talks about how popular he is and how good looking he is and also many other things you can think of), we got completely different sense of humours, he's got a really dark sense of humour like Schadenfreude or when someone's taken this piss out of he'll laugh, and he's really greedy. Basically I just don't like him but he thinks I'm a close friend due to his clinginess, I don't know what to do, I tried not coming into contact with him at school to see if he would get the message, but to no avail. I've thought about telling him but thought against cos it'll just be awkward, might just wait it out til Uni.

What are people's views?

ReputationRep:
    it's me!

(Original post by 2pasda)
    it's me!
    oh ****

ReputationRep:
    you're not bad. your friend is a tool, though.

(Original post by goddogit)
    you're not bad. your friend is a tool, though.
    Thanks, my friends think he's a tool too, no idea why he chose to hang out with me, nothing in common at all :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Your not a bad person at all...everyone has their own views. To be honest, do what you think is best. Do you think you can tolerate him clinging to you till you go to Uni? Do you think you need to be upfront and tell him you what think of him? Pick the option that reduces your stress (But tell him nicely yh :P )

ReputationRep:
    man up.

u don't need negative people around u, no one wants that, so tell him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Air18)
    Your not a bad person at all...everyone has their own views. To be honest, do what you think is best. Do you think you can tolerate him clinging to you till you go to Uni? Do you think you need to be upfront and tell him you what think of him? Pick the option that reduces your stress (But tell him nicely yh :P )
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    no but you start really bad threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    no but you start really bad threads
    HAHAHA

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.