Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am conditional offered a place of politics. I need some suggestions.
    The university is greatly respected, but The TIMES politics rank shows that politics in Bristol is the 37th. Is bristol a good place to study politics?
    I am also worried the carrer of this subject. :confused: what can i do in the future? can i find a good job after graduate if i get 2:1? Because i do not want to pursue a master degree.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    The rate of employment in graduate jobs is very high on unistats... (From someone who was firmed for politics)
    Did you go to the open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samg123)
    The rate of employment in graduate jobs is very high on unistats... (From someone who was firmed for politics)
    Did you go to the open day?
    Thanks for your reply. I am living in Asia now, so it is impossible to attend the openday for me.

I decide to choose Bristol and Sheffield, but hesitate to firmly choose one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Liu)
    i am conditional offered a place of politics. I need some suggestions.
    The university is greatly respected, but The TIMES politics rank shows that politics in Bristol is the 37th. Is bristol a good place to study politics?
    I am also worried the carrer of this subject. :confused: what can i do in the future? can i find a good job after graduate if i get 2:1? Because i do not want to pursue a master degree.

thanks
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ngs?s=Politics

Both institutions will be great to study in. Whether Bristol is ranked 100th and Sheffield is ranked 10th, this does not matter. When it comes to reputation, it is hard to differentiate the two.
    Do not follow league tables because in this one it ranks Bristol as 19th. League tables are misleading tools most of the time. Overall, Bristol ranks highly than Sheffield.

Both Sheffield and Bristol are great institutions and rated highly in the UK including internationally. Best thing to do is consider other factors such as course content/module of each course, research the social life, entry requirement (the one you think you can meet), location e.t.c. So please try visit both.

At the end of the day, you want to attend the environment that will suit you and motivate you towards your studies.

You would have realised by now that most jobs don't specify a particular degree so by doing a politics degree won't in anyway disadvantage you. It is as respectable as any other degree, you need not to worry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.