Turn on thread page Beta

This might sound pathetic to some of you but please try to keep in mind that all relationships are different and in mine we're very close and text alot.

My boyfriend went on holiday on saturday with a load of friends from uni. He's text me once a day every day just saying what he'd been up to and that he hoped I was ok. It's hard for me because I'm used to texting him a lot and seeing him but I've just got on with it, not been pestering him, just replying to the ones he sends me. He didn't say he'd text every day but he had done for the first few days so that was what I kind of expected.

He didn't text me yesterday. He hasn't text me yet today (and before you say it's only half 12, he's always texted me in the morning and I just have a gut feeling I'm not going to hear from him). Even though he didn't text yesterday I still sent him one saying what I was up to and that I hoped he was having a good time. Hiding the crazy part of me thats wondering WHY HAVEN'T YOU TEXT ME

Our relationship hasn't been great recently but we've not been close to breaking up or anything. Just a bit of bickering. I know he loves me, or at least he tells me he does and that was the last thing he said to me before he went. But this crazy, paranoid part of me is wondering if he's changed his mind and realised he doesn't want to be with me and that's why he's stopped texting me because he can't pretend everythings ok. Or that he's cheated and not texting for the same reason. I don't want to text again. He's back tomorrow but I'm scared that he's going to break up with me

ReputationRep:
    you used the word 'text' So many times

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say I understand what you're feeling, and then I saw the bit that says ''he's back tomorrow''.

Chill out.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, give the guy a break. don't be so clingy.

ReputationRep:
    Clingy much.

ReputationRep:
    You sound a little insecure. It's nothing.

ReputationRep:
    lions, tigers and bears? Oh my.

ReputationRep:
    Stop ****ing texting

ReputationRep:
    he's back tomorrow :/
    maybe he doesn't want to run up a big bill. or he's having fun and thinks you're secure enough to not need 24 hour attention

ReputationRep:
    you need to let the guy breeeeeathe, hes on holiday, surely you can see why he doesn't want to be on his phone texting you constantly.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    don't worry about it, he's probably just having fun and didn't take his phone. think positively!

ReputationRep:
    people on here can't really judge because you know how your relationship works and when something is up. I suppose you'll just have to wait until tomorrow, if he hasn't text cos he feels guilty then you'll be able to tell as soon as you see him. It might just be that he's having a really good time or has lost his phone when drunk. Try not to worry

ReputationRep:
    he probably just thinks that cause he's back tomorrow anyway it's not a big issue.

thinking that he hasnt texted means he's cheated is crazy, i mean you could just as easily say that then he would text loads out of guilt?

don't stress yourself so much and dont interrogate him when he gets back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This might sound pathetic to some of you but please try to keep in mind that all relationships are different and in mine we're very close and text alot.

My boyfriend went on holiday on saturday with a load of friends from uni. He's text me once a day every day just saying what he'd been up to and that he hoped I was ok. It's hard for me because I'm used to texting him a lot and seeing him but I've just got on with it, not been pestering him, just replying to the ones he sends me. He didn't say he'd text every day but he had done for the first few days so that was what I kind of expected.

He didn't text me yesterday. He hasn't text me yet today (and before you say it's only half 12, he's always texted me in the morning and I just have a gut feeling I'm not going to hear from him). Even though he didn't text yesterday I still sent him one saying what I was up to and that I hoped he was having a good time. Hiding the crazy part of me thats wondering WHY HAVEN'T YOU TEXT ME

Our relationship hasn't been great recently but we've not been close to breaking up or anything. Just a bit of bickering. I know he loves me, or at least he tells me he does and that was the last thing he said to me before he went. But this crazy, paranoid part of me is wondering if he's changed his mind and realised he doesn't want to be with me and that's why he's stopped texting me because he can't pretend everythings ok. Or that he's cheated and not texting for the same reason. I don't want to text again. He's back tomorrow but I'm scared that he's going to break up with me
    Hmmmm he seems to be getting busy with the 'ladies' I guess.

In that case, forget him and me and you could start a 'thing' :perv:

I JOKE. Give him a break, he certainly is enjoying himself + he'll be back tomorrow.
    Just get all the negative thoughts out of your head and think positively. After all, you'll both be reunited once again tomorrow. Nothing to stress about seriously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.