The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Private halls help!!! ???

anyone know anything about the private hall in glasgow???

i was looking at collegelands and victoria hall as ive herd the UNITE building are ment to be quite bad ....
I'm going to be staying in Firhill Court :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
cool :P there doesnt seem to be a website though for some reason
Yeah, the website is down right now :\ but this website has all the information about it etc.
http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/studentprivatehalls/lphs.asp?id=382
I got put in the Unite halls for first year because they ran out of space in the others. Unite seem to get some awful reviews but honestly the flats are much much nicer than those of Murano/ Cairncross (I haven't seen QM or Wolfson). The halls are nearer the centre of town too so it's good for going out as you can walk home.
Unite themselves have been quite helpful, when things have broken they've replaced it quickly. The only problem is how expensive it is - £105 a week where other places are £90, and we haven't actually moved out yet so they may charge us stupid amounts for "damage" which we haven't caused...but we'll see.
They're worth considering! :smile: Hope this helps
I stayed in Victoria Hall last year and I can't complain really. Rooms are pretty small but that doesn't really matter! Staff are all friendly enough and always happy to deal with any problems

Location is great too so its perfect on nights out
Reply 6
Original post by jim12345
anyone know anything about the private hall in glasgow???

i was looking at collegelands and victoria hall as ive herd the UNITE building are ment to be quite bad ....

The buildings are much much better than glasgow uni owned ones (well murano at least).
Reply 7
I'm going to collegelands :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending