Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its a financial analyst internship at IBM for the summer...

[I changed this thread since the interview so ignore the first few replies..]

ReputationRep:
    I recently passed a grad IBM AC. If it's anything similar to the grad interview, the PDM (professional development manager) will ask you a few competency questions, probe your knowledge about IBM, query your choice of department and then offer you to ask some questions (make the most of this).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    will ask you a few competency questions,
    Thanks for your reply
    Are these very focused on the area you have chosen or could they be general finance/acc. knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    Competency questions were based off your IBM CV from the application form, in that way they were a lot easier than the 'tell me a time when....' because the interviewer already gives you an example off your CV then asks you to talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    It went ok , Im not counting my eggs or anything, but hypothetically how valuable would a Financial Analyst summer internship at IBM be for getting one with an IB next year?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.