Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Consistent way of measuring body fat percentage?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What's a cheap and consistent way of measuring body fat % at home??????

ReputationRep:
    Jump in the nude, if it wobbles its fat. If more wobbles you are fatter, if lessyou are less fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Jump in the nude, if it wobbles its fat. If more wobbles you are fatter, if lessyou are less fat.
    your sig... GAHT DAYUUMM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Kind of looking for a serious reply on this one. I need a way of checking my relative body fat such that if I go on a cut I know I am making progress, and if I am not I can change my caloric intake. (ie a way I could measure my fat percentage fortnightly)

The wobble test is only going to work for large changes in body composition so I need something more sensitive as fat takes a long time to burn off so I could waste alot of time

Would body fat scales provide enough consistency for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodbath)
    Kind of looking for a serious reply on this one. I need a way of checking my relative body fat such that if I go on a cut I know I am making progress, and if I am not I can change my caloric intake. (ie a way I could measure my fat percentage fortnightly)

The wobble test is only going to work for large changes in body composition so I need something more sensitive as fat takes a long time to burn off so I could waste alot of time

Would body fat scales provide enough consistency for this?
    No, the error margins on calipers are quite big too. Even using the same erronous measurement tool you will get different readings from compression or hydration etc.

The mirror is simply the best guide

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.