Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A couple off weeks ago I was out with my pals, when we were walking home one of my mates grabbed a bike from the bike rack, which wasn't locked up but the wheel was locked to the bike. We then proceeded to mess around and ended up putting the bike into the lake, which was about 1ft deep. As we were walking off three security cars pulled up telling us to get against the wall. They then called the police who wern't interested. They took our details and let us go, they got the bike out the lake and said they'd speak to the police about it.

I was wondering what could possibly come from this? If anything at all? haha

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ....Why?

ReputationRep:
    there are better things to do with all your testosterone, you know.

ReputationRep:
    Theft, vandalism. Probably nothing though.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you get prosecuted for that

ReputationRep:
    You feeling like a div?

ReputationRep:
    You threw a bike in the lake?

That's the equivalent of murdering someone you sick son of a *****! (To me, anyway).

I hope you ****ing fry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey08)
    A conviction for causing criminal damage and/or being sued for the damage caused is about the extent of it.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Can't see anything serious happening but.. why

ReputationRep:
    Most likely, nothing. Don't worry about it.

The owner of the bike, if it is now damaged, could sue you in theory but no criminal record or anything for that so is not a problem.

You could be done for criminal damage, but I'm speaking theoretically - police don't have the time to prosecute petty stuff like this, hence the ASBOs etc.

ReputationRep:
    A conviction for being a complete tosser?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    A conviction for being a complete tosser?
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    We were all heavily intoxicated at the time, I was all for running till I saw the bear/dog in the back off the van.

The police knocked at my mates halls today but he wasn't in, they did say they'd be back after the easter holiday which is over 2 weeks so I'm thinking its not serious?

ReputationRep:
    We were all heavily intoxicated at the time
    Then add being drunk and disorderly to the potential convictions. None of them sound all that likely, though they might want to caution you.

ReputationRep:
    haha
    You're scum and are no way associated with what we call 'humanity'.

What was the point of your actions? All they do is ruin other people's lives. That bike could be seen as very valuable to someone - maybe they could only just afford it? Maybe it belonged it their dead parents?

Society would be a much better place without idiots like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    We were all heavily intoxicated at the time, I was all for running till I saw the bear/dog in the back off the van.

The police knocked at my mates halls today but he wasn't in, they did say they'd be back after the easter holiday which is over 2 weeks so I'm thinking its not serious?
    It depends on the cost of the bike, what bike it was, and some manufacturers will even take you to court if the bike was within warranty dates.

If the owner wants you to pay for a new one, many bikes are well over £1,000.
    Mine are all over £3,000, so I'd make you pay £3,500 minimum.
    If it had more up to date parts, you could face contact charge for those; that's easily going to bump you into the hundreds.

You shouldn't have been such a ****ing idiot and done it. If it was me, and was my new bike, you'd be forking out £5,000 for the bike itself, and then I'd gather the parts cost (another £3,000) on top of that.
    So if the guy had any bike like I did, and has the same no **** tolerance when it comes to them which I hope he does, enjoy forking out that much money.

-Neg? Someone's clearly against bikes...

ReputationRep:
    If that was my bike I would kill you. Consider yourself lucky. ****.

ReputationRep:
    Outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    Lol people on TSR are such squares. But 3 security cars? Was the swat team there as well?

ReputationRep:
    A couple off weeks ago I was out with my pals, when we were walking home one of my mates grabbed a bike from the bike rack, which wasn't locked up but the wheel was locked to the bike. We then proceeded to mess around and ended up putting the bike into the lake, which was about 1ft deep. As we were walking off three security cars pulled up telling us to get against the wall. They then called the police who wern't interested. They took our details and let us go, they got the bike out the lake and said they'd speak to the police about it.

Thanks
    Shame you didnt fall in said lake and stayed there

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.