Turn on thread page Beta

Someone I know going to the same university as me watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering... I want to firm a university which i know that someone who I don't particularly like from my college is going to firm as well..

So how likely is it that I will ever see this guy at university if we both end up going there? We're on different courses btw. He tends to take the piss out of me quite a lot, and when i go to university i want to start afresh and not have him taking the piss out of me, that is the reason that i want to know this.

I know some of you will say that he will probably not want to have anything to do with me once we're at university, but the thing is we're supposedly kinda mates, like he asks me to go clubbing with him and stuff like that

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    its hard to bump into the one person you dont like out of around 25,000 people.

and then there's murphy's law.

ReputationRep:
    but seriously, surely a person you dont like shouldnt be given enough power to be able to CHANGE your choice from your firm to your insurance, thats just silly.

ReputationRep:
    It's very unlikely and even if you do just ignore the person.

ReputationRep:
    I go to uni with about 7/8 other people from my sixth form.

I literally never see them, occasionally I might see one in the library or walking past me.

That's about it.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many people that if you're not on the same course you'll probably hardly ever see each other by accident. Don't choose your uni based on whether you'll see him though, choose it based on which you prefer and which course sounds best.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    but seriously, surely a person you dont like shouldnt be given enough power to be able to CHANGE your choice from your firm to your insurance, thats just silly.
    No of course not haha, its was just curiosity really

ReputationRep:
    Don't let him, or anyone for that matter, deter you from doing what you want to do. It's seems highly unlikely that you'll bump into him or be in the same circles, but even if that does happen to be the case, be the bigger person and ignore him.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It is very unlikely that you will bump into him/her at university.

You guys will have different friends, live in different halls.

Seriously, there is no point worrying about it at all.

ReputationRep:
    By asking this question you come across as a complete failure.

It will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Either pretend you don't know him, and he'll feel/look stupid when he tries to say anything to you, or spread some rumours about his virginity and the old, wrinkly librarian and say that's why you don't want to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    my brother and I attend the same university and unless I actually ask and set a time to meet, I never see him. For goodness sake, I seriously think you shouldn't change your firm to insurance JUST because of one person you dislike. Heck, who knows, you might even end up liking the guy as a friend at some point - I know some of my close friends started out as enemies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecookiemonster)
    I was just wondering... I want to firm a university which i know that someone who I don't particularly like from my college is going to firm as well..

So how likely is it that I will ever see this guy at university if we both end up going there? We're on different courses btw. He tends to take the piss out of me quite a lot, and when i go to university i want to start afresh and not have him taking the piss out of me, that is the reason that i want to know this.

I know some of you will say that he will probably not want to have anything to do with me once we're at university, but the thing is we're supposedly kinda mates, like he asks me to go clubbing with him and stuff like that

Thanks
    University is a new start! You can make new friends and leave college behind. Don't let your life decide by some sad person who hasn't got anything better to do. I lived in halls with a few people in my first year who for some reason decided they did not like gay people and just completely ignored me and everything, I hardly ever see them at uni to be honest (and if I do I just completely ignore them).

You'll only really be at uni when you got lectures and stuff and the chance that he has the same lectures and the same day around the same room you are is very unlikely!

If you see him around you have all the right to ignore him and if he asks why just tell him the truth! I'm sure he'll cope.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.