Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't take what you have for granted. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    k.

Arrogance is an inward directed emotion that exemplifies either a high sense of one's personal status or ego (i.e., leading to judgments of personality and character) or the specific mostly positive emotion that is a product of praise or independent self-reflection. Philosophers and social psychologists have noted that arrogance is a complex secondary emotion which requires the development of a sense of self and the mastery of relevant conceptual distinctions (e.g., that arrogance is distinct from happiness and joy) through language-based interaction with others.[1] Some social psychologists identify it as linked to a signal of high social status.[2] One definition of arrogance in the first sense comes from St. Augustine: "the love of one's own excellence".[3] In this sense, the opposite of arrogance is either humility or guilt; the latter in particular being a sense of one's own failure in contrast to Augustine's notion of excellence.
    err...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    It was a joke, I thought British people were meant to have humour....
    I was also joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorld!)
    err...
    You told me to talk about arrogance. So I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    You told me to talk about arrogance. So I did.
    oh, lool

ReputationRep:
    Most diseased people get it due to relationships, kissing, sex, etc.

Herpes
    AIDS
    HIV
    Chlamydia
    Gonorrhoea
    Genital Warts

Whats your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    It's all relative
    Only if you live in Norfolk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I see this things all the time: teenagers talking about their first kiss, the first time they had sex, gf/bf troubles..."oh I'm too ugly to get a bf/gf" when they're actually not, the list goes on.

What I want to say is please spare a thought for those who never had the same chances you did. Those who were too objectively ugly, diseased or disabled to have the same experiences.

Spare a thought for people who've never had the chance to live life the same way you have.

Thanks.
    LOL, you probably knock one out over "Bodyshock" and "Katie: My beautiful friends"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I see this things all the time: teenagers talking about their first kiss, the first time they had sex, gf/bf troubles..."oh I'm too ugly to get a bf/gf" when they're actually not, the list goes on.

What I want to say is please spare a thought for those who never had the same chances you did. Those who were too objectively ugly, diseased or disabled to have the same experiences.

Spare a thought for people who've never had the chance to live life the same way you have.

Thanks.
    May i also add, spare a thought for people in third world countries who can not and dont have an opportunity to enjoy the education that we have in this Great Britain!!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed to some extent. One of my friends lately said this to me 'you only value something before you get it and after you lose it.'

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that wonderfully original and insightful advice. :yes:
    /sarcasm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.