Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themeadows)
    I've just been told that I'm not predicted the B I need to do Physio so am looking at the foundation degree. The website doesn't make it clear whether if accepted onto the foundation course you are then automatically guaranteed a place on your chosen degree course at the same uni- do you know if this is the case? Also, is the foundation course NHS funded? Thanks for your help. Laura
    Hi Laura. you have to pass the course by 60% to get a place on physio. No it isnt NHS funded. If you apply write your personal statement for physio and put physio AND extended degree as your choices. the course leader decides who she wants on the course. there were 7 people on my course who wanted to do physio and only one didnt get on. Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah9211)
    Thank you for your message, it was really helpful
    what course have you gone on to do?
    i know that i have to get 50% to progress onto the next course, is it difficult to get this?

Thank you x
    Hi. i didnt no what i wanted to do when i applied then decided on midwifery but it wasnt a course which leads on from the foundation degree but i applied anyway didnt get a place and im starting the nursing diploma in january. 50% is quite easy to get. i think the average for my year was around 50-60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04031)
    Hiya, was just goin to ask a similar question which Sarah asked regarding the pass percentage mark. I am going to have to attain at least 70% to progress onto Physiotherapy. Would you say this is hard to achieve or moderately easy???
    Any insight would be appreciated!!!!
    70??? it was 60% for my year. you will just have to put a lot of work in and not leave everything till last minute and revise for the bio exam in may. i got 62% overall. my average marks for biology coursework were around 80% (its pretty easy to get high marks on bio coursework). make sure you put at least 5 references in to your work and that it is referenced properly (you will have a couple of lessons and leaflets on this). One thing that help my year was that we made a group on facebook for all of us where we could help each other with out assignments and revision. this helped us a lot so i would suggest doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou1990)
    Hi Laura. you have to pass the course by 60% to get a place on physio. No it isnt NHS funded. If you apply write your personal statement for physio and put physio AND extended degree as your choices. the course leader decides who she wants on the course. there were 7 people on my course who wanted to do physio and only one didnt get on. Louise
    Sorry to be cheeky, but I just wandered what your education was before the foundation course, for example college, sixth form (if any) and the grades. Would really appreciate a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themeadows)
    Sorry to be cheeky, but I just wandered what your education was before the foundation course, for example college, sixth form (if any) and the grades. Would really appreciate a reply
    I got CD in Double Health and Social Care A Level and B in AS Level Sociology. I deferred my application which means i applied in 2009 but didnt start till 2010. I only needed 40ucas points when i applied but everyone else on my course needed a lot more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou1990)
    I got CD in Double Health and Social Care A Level and B in AS Level Sociology. I deferred my application which means i applied in 2009 but didnt start till 2010. I only needed 40ucas points when i applied but everyone else on my course needed a lot more
    Thank you for this Helps alot x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.