Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jelly bean resembling Kate Middleton to fetch £500 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wesley Hosie, 25, found the yellow and red sweet by chance as he and his girlfriend tucked into a 700g jar from The Jelly Bean Factory.
    The trainee accountant said the moment he opened the pot, he was struck by the red pattern on its surface, illustrating Prince William's bride-to-be's strong facial features, long hair and smile.
    Mr Hosie and girlfriend Jessica White, 24, from Taunton, Somerset, kept the mango-flavoured bean and now plan to sell it on eBay for £500.
    Mr Hosie said: "As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me.
    "Given that the royal wedding is only a few weeks away, we hope to make a few pounds out of it by selling it on the internet to a collector."
    Richard Cullen, Joint Managing Director for The Jelly Bean Factory in Dublin, who is yet to see the bean said: "This sounds truly incredible, I would have to see the bean myself to believe it.
    "All of our beans are handmade and this looks like one of our red speckled Mango beans, the natural speckles are unique to each and every jelly bean due to the handmade process."

Okay, I'm seriously starting to worry about the future of my country... meh, at least it makes a change from finding Jesus on your toast.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...fetch-500.html
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People are idiots

ReputationRep:
    If you were buying that, you'd really hope it was gonna be the best tasting jelly bean you've ever tasted.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I would have just eaten that and not noticed.

ReputationRep:
    I'd eat them both.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the Royal Family will keep close tabs on the purchaser. They should be worried.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the jelly-bean could get a degree in 'Art History' too.

ReputationRep:
    Noticing it? Not a huge deal, tbh, I can see where they're coming from....

Buying it? Ok, you've got issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    If you were buying that, you'd really hope it was gonna be the best tasting jelly bean you've ever tasted.
    Or kate.

How do these people manage to get dressed on a morning? Seriously? It does make a change from Jesus though.

ReputationRep:
    his girlfriend tucked into a 700g jar

wat

ReputationRep:
    Do people look out for these things? I would NEVER have noticed that!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon this will be worth a lot more!

I've seen it for real, looks AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    I hate humanity sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    looks more like Michael Jackson - now that would fetch a fair few pennies

ReputationRep:
    Stupid - and I bet they won't even eat the Jelly bean ever, it just sort of looks like a generic woman in her mid 20s'

ReputationRep:
    wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlnM...embedded#at=81

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stargazer23)
    Do people look out for these things? I would NEVER have noticed that!
    You've never looked for patterns on your jelly beans? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    You've never looked for patterns on your jelly beans? :eek:
    Well I will be next time if there's £500 in it

ReputationRep:
    It's Suzi Quatro!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.