Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've come home from uni for easter, staying at my mums. Because my mum has moved house, I no longer have a bedroom. Anyway we were sat in our living room and I was listening to music through my headphones and she keeps saying that by doing this I am being rude. I don't mean to be, if I had a room, I would go in there and listen to it as to not appear rude. It's not like I ignore her either, we spend a lot of time together and go out etc it's just sometimes I like to listen to music

Am I in the wrong?

ReputationRep:
    DITTO. our mums think using headphones is like saying 'i dont want to listen to your incessant ranting, mum'.

ReputationRep:
    Nah its not rude, sometimes you just want to listen to your music and chill. As long as you don't go everywhere plugged in to it and totally ignore her all the time its fine :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If anything your being the opposite of rude. It could be concidered rude if you played your music out loud in the living room.
    Your mums being silly...unless you are ignoring her all the time...which you say your not.

ReputationRep:
    No of course it's not rude... mum always nag

ReputationRep:
    put it through speakers and wait til she tells you to put your headphones back on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    put it through speakers and wait til she tells you to put your headphones back on
    Haha plan! Will pick out a style of music she'll be really unimpressed with too! :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.