Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official IPL Discussion Thread watch

IPL Discussion thread.
    Discuss anything about the IPL
    Ps think the IPL is good?... I love it!
    Who will you be supporting?
    Join the IPl soc today Via this link... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1305

ReputationRep:
    So...... zaheer kahn at no. 3.... batting to steyn......

:facepalm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well someone had to post in this thread

(Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes pos rep for that Added a pole!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    That was just ridiculous. I want to smack whoever made that decision in the face

If you wanted to meddle with the order send AB or Vettori himself. NOT ZAHEER

Now Kohli will begin his test match

ReputationRep:
    OH LORD
    If anyone else comes out other than AB, I'm gonna scream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moanycar.)
    That was just ridiculous. I want to smack whoever made that decision in the face

If you wanted to meddle with the order send AB or Vettori himself. NOT ZAHEER

Now Kohli will begin his test match
    Yeah I mean if the plan was to smack a few... well wrong plan. I agree with your ABDV point. He'll have experience facing Steyn too as they are teammates.

As much as I love Kohli (and I love him a lot) he is not a T20 player at all.

(Original post by blueray)
    Yes pos rep for that Added a pole!
    Poll* lol

And thanks

Yeah I mean if the plan was to smack a few... well wrong plan. I agree with your ABDV point. He'll have experience facing Steyn too as they are teammates.

Poll* lol

And thanks
    Lol you voted?

ReputationRep:
    OH LORD
    lol i think you might lose

you must be screaming like mad 4 wickets gone =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Lol you voted?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    This woman makes me cringe

ReputationRep:
    sharmas a sharp bowler lol

ReputationRep:
    Ishant has bowled really well today without much luck. Really hope he finds his form back. I miss his old version

ReputationRep:
    Ishant has bowler really well today without much luck. Really hope he finds his form back. I miss his old version
    yeh lol, its looking bad for RCB terrible start, run rates at 5 =/

lololol didnt notice moany's crush guys batting roflmao, looks like he might get a half cent

theyve got virat fielded tight, all his boundry shots go straight to the fielders =/

haha he got his half cent someone must be happy
    aw pujras out =/ end of a good partnership

roflmao van da went out golden duck jker!!

there goes virat, he did good tho, shouldnt have went slogging gony acted like a proper freshy when he got him out tho lol!

would need yuvi to get 6 sixes too bad hes not on this team

ReputationRep:
    OH LORD
    unlucky you must be proud of virat, could have got a cent but yeh lol guess pressure got to him was a good game!! DC win in a long long time L0L mumbai tomos cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    Highlight of the game : Steyn's reaction when the umpire didnt give out for Vettori and when he was fielding and messing with the camera

ReputationRep:
    So when I say Kohli can't slog, he slogs a few massive sixes. Oh well he still isn't a T20 player in my eyes. A great ODI player mind you. Too little too late and not enough support from the rest of the team.

ReputationRep:
    So when I say Kohli can't slog, he slogs a few massive sixes. Oh well he still isn't a T20 player in my eyes. A great ODI player mind you. Too little too late and not enough support from the rest of the team.
    i think the pressure got to him as the match went on, he did get a good few shots but then that last slog he went for just L0L owhell he did pretty good tho. Everyone else was just poor, doing singles when they needed big hits =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Highlight of the game : Steyn's reaction when the umpire didnt give out for Vettori and when he was fielding and messing with the camera
    haha that was funny, gonys reaction to getting kohli out was jokes too lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    i think the pressure got to him as the match went on, he did get a good few shots but then that last slog he went for just L0L owhell he did pretty good tho. Everyone else was just poor, doing singles when they needed big hits =/
    Well he had to go for the shots no matter what. The bowler did the slower one and was one step ahead. The match had 99% been lost before Kohli started slogging anyway. It was like 70 odd from 20 odd balls before Kohli slogged.

If only there was Shane Watson... or Yusuf Pathan

(maybe Pollard and ABDV)

ReputationRep:

Aaah, only Kohli fired today
    Any time he plays well, RCB still lose

Definately wrong plan by Vettori, completely messed up the batting line up.
    Should have kept it the same...maybe, just maybe things would have been different.

If Kohli could have bat the 20 overs....
    He needed 45 off 15 when he got out...but the way he was going before he did get out was amazing

71 runs...his highest IPL score

RCB will pick themselves up....playing again the Super Kings next :O
    That is going to be a good match (I hope)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.