Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official IPL Discussion Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Now if you think about it maybe Chris Gayle wasn't a good replacement for Dirk Nannes.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been dead for what seems agesss.

So now that the group stages are almost over, who do people think is going to win the whole thing?

RCB especially in the mood Gayle is these days look really strong. RCB are guaranteed a place in the knockouts.

CSK well you can never count them out,. The defending champions and looking in top form after a slowish start.

MI after a brilliant start have struggled a bit recently with batting collapses, but still finalists last year, will they go all the way this time?

KKR as long as they don't slip up are through but have two tough games left, one at a Pune side who have got back to winning ways, the other at MI.

These 4 look like they are gonna go through but never say never.

Can't believe Mumbai indians lost to DC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Can't believe Mumbai indians lost to KKR
    They lost to DC yesterday

(Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    They lost to DC yesterday
    Lool type :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Betting for 5 rep points that RR won't reach 100.

Lol, just kidding, but still RR shouldn't reach 100.

P.S. at this time, the score is 91/9 in 16.4

ReputationRep:
    Yay correct!

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been dead for what seems agesss.

So now that the group stages are almost over, who do people think is going to win the whole thing?

RCB especially in the mood Gayle is these days look really strong. RCB are guaranteed a place in the knockouts.

CSK well you can never count them out,. The defending champions and looking in top form after a slowish start.

MI after a brilliant start have struggled a bit recently with batting collapses, but still finalists last year, will they go all the way this time?

KKR as long as they don't slip up are through but have two tough games left, one at a Pune side who have got back to winning ways, the other at MI.

These 4 look like they are gonna go through but never say never.
    Agree with you, and these are the four teams I want to go through (even though I kinda don't like MI, and only appreciate them as they have God as their captain...aswell as Bhajji ).

However, if KKR lose their next two, Punjab could possibly replace them :O
    Hoping that doesn't happen (I'm betraying my roots for my admiration of Gautam Gambhir )

Really hope RCB can win it this season. And I'm happily watching MI slip ever so slightly down the table

If CSK win it though, I'll be super happy that they defended their title, and 'cos Dhoni is just a legend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moanycar.)
    Agree with you, and these are the four teams I want to go through (even though I kinda don't like MI, and only appreciate them as they have God as their captain...aswell as Bhajji ).

However, if KKR lose their next two, Punjab could possibly replace them :O
    Hoping that doesn't happen (I'm betraying my roots for my admiration of Gautam Gambhir )

Really hope RCB can win it this season. And I'm happily watching MI slip ever so slightly down the table

If CSK win it though, I'll be super happy that they defended their title, and 'cos Dhoni is just a legend
    All 4 are through.

RCB were running riot on CSK but Dhoni has at least given us a chance now. 70 not out off 40 :adore: He can't seem to do anything wrong lol - Only two guys got into double figures though

RCB should win but you never know.

Gale is just wow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    All 4 are through.

RCB were running riot on CSK but Dhoni has at least given us a chance now. 70 not out off 40 :adore: He can't seem to do anything wrong lol - Only two guys got into double figures though

RCB should win but you never know.
    I wish KXIP got through to top 4.
    Aaah well, RCB finish top of the table, not MI

I fully love Dhoni Wish CSK weren't playing RCB so I could cheer him on. I LOLed when Kohli got Raina out

Want KKR to win next match

ReputationRep:
    I wish KXIP got through to top 4.
    Aaah well, RCB finish top of the table, not MI

I fully love Dhoni Wish CSK weren't playing RCB so I could cheer him on. I LOLed when Kohli got Raina out

Want KKR to win next match
    Chris Gayle is in the deadliest form I have ever seen.

Haha did you see the look Zaheer gave Raina when he got out?

I'm cheering for MI. Need them to win so CSK stay in top 2 - I won't mind if KKR win, if it's just by a TINY amount so their NRR is lower than CSK

ReputationRep:
    Chris Gayle is in the deadliest form I have ever seen.

Haha did you see the look Zaheer gave Raina when he got out?

I'm cheering for MI. Need them to win so CSK stay in top 2 - I won't mind if KKR win, if it's just by a TINY amount so their NRR is lower than CSK
    Wow, didn't think about that bit of maths
    Now that I think about it, maybe MI winning isn't too bad....

Considering CSK are my 2nd team

I know, I was just thinking, look at what IPL has done to players from the same country The look was hilarious. But it was a pretty awful shot

Christopher Gayle, I love the guy....is he in the WI squad against India. If he is, he'll be playing against Kohli in a couple of weeks

Hope he's just shining on the amazing Indian soil, and that he won't do so back home :s

ReputationRep:

I know, I was just thinking, look at what IPL has done to players from the same country The look was hilarious. But it was a pretty awful shot

Christopher Gayle, I love the guy....is he in the WI squad against India. If he is, he'll be playing against Kohli in a couple of weeks

Hope he's just shining on the amazing Indian soil, and that he won't do so back home :s
    Me too hoping for that!

P.S. why isn't munna playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishabh95)
    Me too hoping for that!

I know right! Just looking out for my men in blue

Munna??? I'm lost

ReputationRep:

Yeah poor shot, pressure got to him.

Hopefully the WI board drop him for that series too - I hate to think what he will do to Munaf Patel in an ODI in this form.....

KKR 4/1 off 1.4 overs. Keep this up MI

(Original post by Rishabh95)
    Me too hoping for that!

Probably coz they are playing at Eden Gardens, which usually favours spinner IIRC. Or to give him a rest. Even if MI win this match they are 99.999999999% not in top 2 due to NRR.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah poor shot, pressure got to him.

Hopefully the WI board drop him for that series too - I hate to think what he will do to Munaf Patel in an ODI in this form.....

KKR 4/1 off 1.4 overs. Keep this up MI

Probably coz they are playing at Eden Gardens, which usually favours spinner IIRC. Or to give him a rest. Even if MI win this match they are 99.999999999% not in top 2 due to NRR.
    KKR 2 down, you must be happier now

Hoping WI do drop Gayle....

LOL, I don't think we have any bowler who can handle Gayle, in fact there is NO bowler in the world who can handle Gayle in this immaculate form

Oh well, having him with RCB is the best buy the Mallya's could have asked for

I love the Eden, amazing atmosphere at that ground

Yusif is out now

ReputationRep:
    WHAT A GAME!!!! WHAT A GAME!

KKR 2 down, you must be happier now

Hoping WI do drop Gayle....

LOL, I don't think we have any bowler who can handle Gayle, in fact there is NO bowler in the world who can handle Gayle in this immaculate form

Oh well, having him with RCB is the best buy the Mallya's could have asked for

I love the Eden, amazing atmosphere at that ground
    Gayle is brilliant normally, but in this kind of form, he doesn't take any prisoners.

Eden is awesome. I wish I can go and watch an India match there sometime.

ReputationRep:
    What just happened?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.