Where do you normally sit when your on the.... Watch

Poll: Where do you normally sit on the bus?
I normally sit on the upper deck and sit next to the window (78)
44.07%
I normally sit on the upper deck and sit furthest from the window (3)
1.69%
I normally sit on the upper deck and don't care where I sit (8)
4.52%
I normally sit on the lower deck (39)
22.03%
I take private transport (17)
9.6%
I stand when I'm inside the bus (12)
6.78%
I have a limosuine, W00T (20)
11.3%
The Polar Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
bus?

I've realised that everytime i get on the bus, i go to the upper deck because there's more space and i feel comfortable up there
but i never sit next to the windows, i just dont and for some reason, i dont like to sit next to windows, so i sit on the seat furthest away from the window....

does any1 do this?
adoringcarmine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i like to sit next to the window to see out... or if it's really busy next to the best looking guy haha
proud nd luvin it
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On the back seat of the bottom deck; it is a symbol of power... (on the school bus that is) haha
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Buses are for poor people

Spoiler:
Show
I stand
Smophy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Back seat, I don't like having people behind me, and next to the window so I can day dream and people watch.
ExcessNeo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends on what bus I'm on.

The bus from my village (always a single decker), so by the back (front seats are normally packed with elderly).

The bus from city centre to uni (always a double decker) upper deck at the front normally.

As for window seats I don't really care, I spend most of my time on my phone (just over an hour total journey time to or from uni).
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i always stand next to the doors because in inner London, the buses are impossible to get in and out of! So I always make sure I'm close to the door just for that tiny bit of relief =)
But when I'm with a friend on the way to school, we go to the upper deck and with my sister/cousins we sit at the back on the lower deck
Fandabidoze!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends which bus?

On the public bus that takes me from school into town, I'll sit on the lower deck to avoid the annoying younger years who go upstairs. On the 2nd public bus I get from town to my house, I'll sit on the upper deck because no annoying people from my school get on. On both buses, I sit next to the window whenever possible though.
username366985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*find two empty seats, find two empty seats*

I hate when you walk upstairs on a double decker and everyone stares at you. But when I'm sitting I stare aswell.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who cares??
KJane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The buses I normally use are single decker ones, but theres nothing worse then getting on one, spying two empty seats at the back and realising no ones taken them because it's where the wheel is and there's less leg room with the window seat. :cry2:
TheWorld!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always sit next to the dogey looking dude, feels safer.
username533239
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
Buses are for poor people

Spoiler:
Show
I stand
can it :holmes:
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tend to opt for two main places:

On the lower deck, on the first of the raised seats near the back and always on the left-side/kerbside. I like that you can see more from the raised position.

Or, on the upper deck, on the first seat behind the stairs [on the right-side of the bus]. You have more leg room there usually.

I think it is sad that I have such 'fixed' places lol. But, I seem to spend half my life on buses as it takes me an hour to get to work [and obviously an hour to get back]... :/
Hopple
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Given the choice, I'll go upstairs next to a window. I think I like the window seats because they give you a direction to stare in that doesn't involve leering at people or getting neckache by looking at the ceiling or floor.
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I gotta get down on friday, which seat shall I take?

top, next to window
Fandabidoze!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bektas)
*find two empty seats, find two empty seats*

I hate when you walk upstairs on a double decker and everyone stares at you. But when I'm sitting I stare aswell.
I laugh (not out loud) at what I call the "walk of shame", when the person discovers there are no seats available upstairs and sheepishly walks back down with everyone still staring.
jimimick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I normally get on the bus, then go to a free space.. just sayin
AlexInWonderland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We don't have double decker buses in my town, but I can remember when I was little and out with my nan, on the double decker busses there was a viewing port thing from the front at the top to look down at the driver, that was pretty cool
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only about 3 buses in my university city have an upper deck, so I generally sit in the middle (on the lower deck obviously). Even if the bus has an upper deck, I don't sit up there, as I only have a few minutes on the bus before I get off anyway.

At home, all the buses have a single deck, so if I go anywhere on the bus I sit where I can.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (390)
46.21%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (262)
31.04%
I don't have an opinion (192)
22.75%

Watched Threads