Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you normally sit when your on the.... watch

• View Poll Results: Where do you normally sit on the bus?
    I normally sit on the upper deck and sit next to the window
    44.07%
    I normally sit on the upper deck and sit furthest from the window
    1.69%
    I normally sit on the upper deck and don't care where I sit
    4.52%
    I normally sit on the lower deck
    22.03%
    I take private transport
    9.60%
    I stand when I'm inside the bus
    6.78%
    I have a limosuine, W00T
    11.30%

ReputationRep:
    There's a distinct lack of an "I don't care where I sit" option

ReputationRep:
    The bus I get to school is a mix of public and school kids and even though i'm in senior years I still get intimidated by all the loud noisy 1st-4-th years that sit at the back and play dance music from their phones,scream at one another and throw sweets at everyone in the seats in front.So I tend to sit upstairs because of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    can it :holmes:
    Wha?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what country, England always lower deck, but in Hong Kong upper deck.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I usually sit at the top at the front so I can look out the big windows and pretend I'm flying

ReputationRep:
    I immediately pick the first seat I could see that is free to avoid the staring eyes.
    I do have my preferences though. When I'm on a double decker I like to sit at the very front next to a window or the raised seats in a single bus. Cannot stand having to sit next to a stranger though - the awkwardness of where to look is grating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddThings)
    The bus I get to school is a mix of public and school kids and even though i'm in senior years I still get intimidated by all the loud noisy 1st-4-th years that sit at the back and play dance music from their phones,scream at one another and throw sweets at everyone in the seats in front.So I tend to sit upstairs because of that.
    You sound like me. Even when I was in 5th/6th year the idea of going on a public/school bus made me feel uncomfortable knowing you'd have the annoying kids blasting their songs and shouting at their pals who were two seats away lol.

ReputationRep:
    I normally sit at the front at the lower deck because i hate when the bus moves and if im sitting at the back i have to bump into people when trying to leave or if its full i stand.

ReputationRep:
    Top deck at the front so you can pretend you're driving it :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Well the bus I get to work is PACKED and annoying so I just sit on the first one I see.

Any other time i stand if my journey is quick, sit on lower deck if i have bags, and upstairs any other time.

ReputationRep:
    I sit upstairs, unless it's full downstairs then I assume it's pretty full up there as well. For some strange reason, when I sit on the left side of the bus I sit next to the window, and when I sit on the ride side I sit near the aisle. Only just realised this a couple of days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Given the choice, I'll go upstairs next to a window. I think I like the window seats because they give you a direction to stare in that doesn't involve leering at people or getting neckache by looking at the ceiling or floor.
    (Original post by Bektas)
    *find two empty seats, find two empty seats*

I hate when you walk upstairs on a double decker and everyone stares at you. But when I'm sitting I stare aswell.
    Ahh London.

:love: <3

ReputationRep:
    Upstairs just behind the stairs. On a single decker I sit on the raised extra legroom seats when I can.
    I drive to sixth form now, but I always had to stand on that bus.

ReputationRep:
    Upper deck, front row, near window. Cos then I'm on top of the world, looking down on creation... etcetc
    EDIT: or nowhere, seeing as I have to drive 30mins to get to a flaming bus stop so I rarely use them

ReputationRep:
    upper deck in first row...that's exciting!

ReputationRep:
    it depends what i feel like, some of my friends sit at the back and some sit in the front and i always find it really hard to decide which seat i should take.....but i'm always gettin down on fridays

ReputationRep:
    top deck back like a badman

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been in a bus since I was 5 years old. Call me stuck up if you like, but I don't want to get the flu or get stabbed for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a double decker then downstairs at the back. If it's a single decker then a few seats from the back.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really use the double decker bus much...usually the free bus for me and most of the time i stand in there or get the disables peoples seats lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.