Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am so annoyed! I failed my driving test because he gave me 4 points for my steering everything else was fine. He told me when I steer towards the right I don't steer smoothly. Is it right to fail me on this. And the examiner was quite rude and gave late instructions why are so many driving examiners so rude??

ReputationRep:
    no idea. how many times have u failed or was that the first time??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanr593)
    no idea. how many times have u failed or was that the first time??
    yeh first time.

ReputationRep:
    i got 11 fault points and still passed. so no, this isnt fair. i got the points for 'not looking in the rear view mirror enough' and 'keeping one hand off the steering wheel for too long while shifting gears'

ReputationRep:
    If you don't steer smoothly, he is right to fail you on that - you need to show your examiner that you are completely in control

Guess they're rude cause it can't be the best job...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    i got 11 fault points and still passed. so no, this isnt fair. i got the points for 'not looking in the rear view mirror enough' and 'keeping one hand off the steering wheel for too long while shifting gears'
    I only had 8 points and the old dude failed me!! haha I do that I hate having both hands on steering it makes me feel cool if I have one

ReputationRep:
    well as its the first its not too bad too fail coz well most ppl do. most examiners tho are very annoying. The only one i liked was the bald one that passed me

ReputationRep:
    Hard luck, but it's fair. If you consistently get driving faults in the same category, it indicates that you have a more serious issue there. I nearly failed my test because of late indicating during the independent driving section.

ReputationRep:
    There is a massive thread on this, where everyone shares their experiences on failing their tests. It just depends on your examiner, some of them can be extra mean

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210084

ReputationRep:
    well as its the first its not too bad too fail coz well most ppl do. most examiners tho are very annoying. The only one i liked was the bald one that passed me
    Yh i guess so.. but it's kinda annoying when you have spent soo much money and failing is like losing but ohh well better luck next time for me i guess

ReputationRep:
    My first driving examiner was a right moody ****, the second guy I had was awesome. Literally, I failed first time when my instructor swore the examiner had no right to fail me, the second examiner just spoke about football and rugby for 40 minutes. Total legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_miz angel)
    Yh i guess so.. but it's kinda annoying when you have spent soo much money and failing is like losing but ohh well better luck next time for me i guess
    I know driving tests do suck they pick u up on tiny insignificant things but most ppl pass the second time so good luck hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    I know driving tests do suck they pick u up on tiny insignificant things but most ppl pass the second time so good luck hope it goes well!
    Thanks hopefully I'll get someone good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    My first driving examiner was a right moody ****, the second guy I had was awesome. Literally, I failed first time when my instructor swore the examiner had no right to fail me, the second examiner just spoke about football and rugby for 40 minutes. Total legend.
    yh mine was moody too and if I had an examiner who talked about football I would get along well with him/her

ReputationRep:
    yh mine was moody too and if I had an examiner who talked about football I would get along well with him/her
    I only had 1 minor on my test, second time round I was nowhere near as nervous, especially as the examiner was a genuinely cool guy.

ReputationRep:
    I only had 1 minor on my test, second time round I was nowhere near as nervous, especially as the examiner was a genuinely cool guy.
    LOL I was s nervous but I think once I started driving I was alright I just ignored the old dude

ReputationRep:
    LOL I was s nervous but I think once I started driving I was alright I just ignored the old dude
    Haha, you could of been like my mate who drove through a zebra crossing with people about to cross on his test. You can probably predict the outcome...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you could of been like my mate who drove through a zebra crossing with people about to cross on his test. You can probably predict the outcome...
    hahah that's funny... I wasn't that nervous and i would be traumatized if I did that and i probably would have got more nervous

ReputationRep:
    hahah that's funny... I wasn't that nervous and i would be traumatized if I did that and i probably would have got more nervous
    It was quite bad, I think he passed on his 4th or 5th attempt, I lost count.

ReputationRep:
    why are so many driving examiners so rude??
    In what way was he "rude"?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.