The Student Room Group

Why don't girls buy guys drinks?

I am no Casanova, but one of my friends is pretty good with the ladies, and he never pays for his drinks. He always gets girls to buy him a drink. As I say he's pretty good, but he's at best average looking and quite short (5'7"). Why doesn't this happen more often? Where are the damn feminists in clubs?

Scroll to see replies

He's obvs got more confidence and maybe he asks the girls to buy him a drink?
I think the only time I bought a guy a drink was to apologise for trying to stuff icecubes down his shirt... :/
I do.
Obviously not like 'iiiiyah, ima buy you a drank!' :sexface: but if we get chatting at the bar, I'd happily offer.
Reply 4
Why can't people buy their own drinks? Unless they're one of my friends, then I'll buy them one :h:
Reply 5
So the girls who don't buy you drinks are feminists?

Or maybe they just don't like you?
because there is teh reccessionz. noone is buyin da drinks man.
Reply 7
It probably boils down to the traditional male role of being the money-maker and so holding the funds (whether or not that's a correct role is a different question). I'd say that what happens now is just a case of old habits dying hard - it was installed into the culture and it's going to stay there for some time to come. But who knows, maybe in fifty years time things'll have changed.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I am no Casanova, but one of my friends is pretty good with the ladies, and he never pays for his drinks. He always gets girls to buy him a drink. As I say he's pretty good, but he's at best average looking and quite short (5'7"). Why doesn't this happen more often? Where are the damn feminists in clubs?

Never (be the first to) supplicate yourself. They like it if you do what practically every other guy wouldn't, if you see yourself as a prize, so will they.
Reply 9
Because society says men and women should be equal, except for chivalry which is OK as far as sexism goes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Not sure myself though I have managed to get a girl to buy me a drink a few times though I have no idea how I managed it these times as I was kind of too drunk to remember much bar the fact they got me a drink.....
Because guys are always willing to hook up afterwards :cool:
It's the girls that need the persuasion.
Reply 12
Original post by rlw31
So the girls who don't buy you drinks are feminists?

Or maybe they just don't like you?

Exactly the opposite, in fact. I'm saying that I wish there were more feminists around who felt that men and women should be equal in that respect and that if men buy women drinks the opposite should also be true.

As for whether individual girls like me or not, some don't, enough do. That's good enough for me. I definitely wouldn't hold it against a girl if she didn't buy me a drink.
Last time a girl bought me two :sexface:. Mind you I didn't have any money and couldn't reciprocate :frown:.

Another time, a girl expected me to buy her a drink after I initiated conversation. Wished I backhanded her face.
If I'm friends with a guy, I will buy him a drink. If I meet a guy in a pub/club I would offer to buy him a drink.

That said though, I dont accept drinks from guys on a night out unless he is a friend.
Ive been bought a drink by a girl once... i had no idea who she is but i didnt find her attractive
they do?
because we dont quite have the knack of spiking them perfected yet :wink:
Reply 18
Me and a couple of mates do that for a game in bars. It's actually very easy to get girls to buy you drinks.
Reply 19
Just flirt a bit, be friendly and chatty and then ask...
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending