Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so firstly I'm gay..
    Anyway, there's this guy who I think has been flirting with me on for a while now. He works in a store I'm not usually in but every time I am he smiles at me constantly, always says "Hi there/See you later" (which he doesn't do to other customers) and always makes eye contact.

However, I don't know if he's gay or he's just friendly...

I really want to ask for his number but I've never done that before. What should I do?! My friend said I should just start talking to him, but what the heck am I supposed to say: "Hey, are you gay? Can I have your number?" Lol but seriously, what should I say/do/not do?!

Thanks for the help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Just say:

"Hey, are you gay? Can I have your number?"

ReputationRep:
    Or just say:
    "Can I have your number?"

Maybe ask if he's gay afterwards, but I don't think you should ask him that first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Just say:

This

ReputationRep:
    Steal his phone.

ReputationRep:
    You could buy something from the shop and use the chance to talk to him for a bit. Then either ask for his number or give him a bit of paper or something with your number on. You can say it was nice talking to him and to give you a call sometime if he wants to go for a drnk and talk some more.

ReputationRep:
    Why not test to see if he's gay instead of asking.

For instance, buy him a sausage roll. If he eats it normally, he's straight. If he deep throats it, he's gay.

ReputationRep:
    Go to him 'fancy a bum'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Just say:

(Original post by hxecute)
    Or just say:
    "Can I have your number?"

Maybe ask if he's gay afterwards, but I don't think you should ask him that first...
    Is this not a bit too forward though? Shouldn't I make conversation whit him first?

ReputationRep:
    Say, "don't you just hate ****".

If he says... "Errr.... yeah, damn..... ******s"

You're in.

ReputationRep:
    Just go in, maybe buy something, or just go and talk to him, you dont need an excuse to. Talk a bit, make conversation then yea either ask for his number or give him yours.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes playing the dating game is like playing a slot machine. It's attractive but always uncertain. Of course, there's the potential of hitting the jackpot (in your case the guy also being gay), but unless you're extremely lucky you have to play more than a few coins to hit big (chatting up various guys). If approaching a guy doesn't work the first time, then try, try again. Eventually it will pay off.

or just go into the shop and buy **** loads of will & grace, sex & the city dvds? he'll get the hint...probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unicornsoncrack)
    Sometimes playing the dating game is like playing a slot machine. It's attractive but always uncertain. Of course, there's the potential of hitting the jackpot (in your case the guy also being gay), but unless you're extremely lucky you have to play more than a few coins to hit big (chatting up various guys). If approaching a guy doesn't work the first time, then try, try again. Eventually it will pay off.

or just go into the shop and buy **** loads of will & grace, sex & the city dvds? he'll get the hint...probably
    Two problems:
    1. I don't know what I should say to start the conversation/chatting up. What do you think?
    2. He works in the girls section of a clothes shop. Lol!

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have gaydar? Use that. I'm gay too so don't try telling me it doesn't exist. If you think he's queer he probably is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maton_91)
    Go to him 'fancy a bum'?
    hahaha I think I just might.. lol!

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as he works in the girl's section maybe you could ask him for advice on something you're buying for your 'sister' or some other girl that is obviously not a partner? Then go from there!

ReputationRep:
    Poofs are gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananalala)
    Seeing as he works in the girl's section maybe you could ask him for advice on something you're buying for your 'sister' or some other girl that is obviously not a partner? Then go from there!
    This. And then ask him for a pint/appletini/coffee/sex as thanks for his help?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.