The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanx to everyone for your help...i think sum1 asked me to be more specific, well basically i gotta look at the similarities that are apparent between a pro union team and that of a business...my ideas so far are things such as wages, laws, disciplines, how in sport, players are the trading commodities, they are like stock, prices placed on thier heads, etc etc things along those lines...i jst need to find some theory on the topic,,,but struggling to find some...thanx for all your help tho its much appreciated
fabolous1982
Thanx to everyone for your help...i think sum1 asked me to be more specific, well basically i gotta look at the similarities that are apparent between a pro union team and that of a business...my ideas so far are things such as wages, laws, disciplines, how in sport, players are the trading commodities, they are like stock, prices placed on thier heads, etc etc things along those lines...i jst need to find some theory on the topic,,,but struggling to find some...thanx for all your help tho its much appreciated

Very few rugby players have 'prices' on their heads. Unlike footballers they see out their contracts before moving clubs. You can determine their worth by their wages. If their wages are partly funded by the RFU (Jason Robinson for e.g.) they are very valuble. Jason Robinson wouldnt be playing Union now if the RFU wouldnt have paid part of his contract. Sale Sharks simply couldnt afford him.

Like I said have a look at Leeds Tykes, that will be an interesting example. I'll can give you information about Orrell until i'm blue in the face. Like Mark said the most important thing will be to look at why Union copied league and went professional.

Laws to do with what?
Reply 22
Joey_Johns
Very few rugby players have 'prices' on their heads. Unlike footballers they see out their contracts before moving clubs. You can determine their worth by their wages. If their wages are partly funded by the RFU (Jason Robinson for e.g.) they are very valuble. Jason Robinson wouldnt be playing Union now if the RFU wouldnt have paid part of his contract. Sale Sharks simply couldnt afford him.

Like I said have a look at Leeds Tykes, that will be an interesting example. I'll can give you information about Orrell until i'm blue in the face. Like Mark said the most important thing will be to look at why Union copied league and went professional.

Laws to do with what?

In response to your earlier question the game is being played at Huddersfield.
Mark_KK
In response to your earlier question the game is being played at Huddersfield.

Cool. Its on the 13th I think. I'll try get day off work so I can come up and watch it.

Latest

Trending

Trending