Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My scalp is always ithcy. I notice some ahir thinning is this all related?

I stopped using SLS shampoos a while back but do use them ocasionally. I even bought tee trea oil treatment for my scalp but its always ithcy.

ReputationRep:
    head crabs?

ReputationRep:
    lice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daman)
    My scalp is always ithcy. I notice some ahir thinning is this all related?

I stopped using SLS shampoos a while back but do use them ocasionally. I even bought tee trea oil treatment for my scalp but its always ithcy.
    WASH YOUR HAIR, you lice infested tramp.

ReputationRep:
    Check for lice, but it could just be a bit of dryness and dandruff that is causing you to itch. Try Head and Shoulders shampoo, that could sort out your problem if it is dandruff.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you use *some* kind of shampoo.

If not, there's your problem.

ReputationRep:
    It could be dandruff or lice, i find that Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner works, but you have to use it as recommended. It that doesn't work then buy a lice shampoo, it removes any thing that could be up there!

Brush your hair in different directions, especially forward, this 'exercises' the hair follicles and is just generally healthy for you head and scalp!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    nits?

Aww the plague of the school playground.

ReputationRep:
    i had this, turns out i had hypothyroidism. do you have other symptoms as well, such as fatigue, swollen glands and lack of concentration? not saying it is that, but sometimes it's not always a simple case of 'lice' or 'dandruff'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.